Texas Hunting Forum

I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s

Posted By: kyle1974

I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 12:53 AM

come on people.... enough is enough with this ammo hoarding, tin foil hat bullsht.... I tried to go buy a box or two of 223 corelokts for my sons 223 BOLT action rifle (yes, they do make other rifles in 223 other than AR's), and not a box anywhere to be found... I can see the pricing of AR15's going up due to the ban, but the ammo? give it a rest already...
Posted By: E-Cigrettman

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: kyle1974
come on people.... enough is enough with this ammo hoarding, tin foil hat bullsht.... I tried to go buy a box or two of 223 corelokts for my sons 223 BOLT action rifle (yes, they do make other rifles in 223 other than AR's), and not a box anywhere to be found... I can see the pricing of AR15's going up due to the ban, but the ammo? give it a rest already...

You should start to hate everyone that owns a fire arm period !
It took me three times out just to find 22lr to plink with.
Posted By: JCB

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 01:38 AM

You said so yourself that there are other rifles out there chambered in 223 other than AR15's but for some reason you hate the people with AR15's and blame the shortage of ammo on them. nidea

Try finding you some pistol ammo or 22 long rifle..........plenty of shortages to go around there as well. But I hate the people with AR15's to. hammer
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 01:59 AM

Blame the black rifles .. Sounds like democrats !
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 02:01 AM

Kyle, I have 55gr hi shok federals and 64 gr power shok Winchesters, one box each, let me know if you need them. Pre crazy prices just for you
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 02:03 AM

This is a great time to get your son into reloading, especially if he is shooting a bolt action rifle. You can teach him all about loading for precision, impact of seating depths, etc... it's a great way to increase his knowledge and have some fun.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 02:22 AM

.308 is the same way. I want to start loading some but I cant find a press to buy or components to buy.
I did see some .223 at the gun show in Corsicana for sale this weekend. They were high but there were some for sale. There wasn't a box of .308 to be found.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Cow_doc.308
.308 is the same way. I want to start loading some but I cant find a press to buy or components to buy.
I did see some .223 at the gun show in Corsicana for sale this weekend. They were high but there were some for sale. There wasn't a box of .308 to be found.
If your looking for .308 check with ChadTRG42 on here. He owns Custom Reloads of Dallas and does 155gr and 168gr Hornady Amax rounds for $75/100. Just got 200 rounds from him, good stuff.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
If your looking for .308 check with ChadTRG42 on here. He owns Custom Reloads of Dallas and does 155gr and 168gr Hornady Amax rounds for $75/100. Just got 200 rounds from him, good stuff.

yea calling him tomorrow.
Posted By: DeRico

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB
You said so yourself that there are other rifles out there chambered in 223 other than AR15's but for some reason you hate the people with AR15's and blame the shortage of ammo on them. nidea

Try finding you some pistol ammo or 22 long rifle..........plenty of shortages to go around there as well. But I hate the people with AR15's to. hammer

Lol people these days muyloco
Posted By: tth_40

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 04:28 AM

Put yourself outside the stupidity this year. It may take some time to do, but it sure is nice when you get it done.

Get your reloading gear and components together over time. If you are expecting to buy everything at once at this point in time, it 'aint gonna happen. This goes for rimfire ammo as well, get it before it's in demand. Slow and steady wins the race.

Then you can sit back and laugh as the herd stampedes.
Posted By: psychsurf

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Hell of a guy, I'm waiting for my order from him right now. Discovered as my wife was writing out a check for my order that she went to high school with him, totally random. Anyway, seems to be the best deal going on .308 right now.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:25 AM

Yep. Bone stock bushmaster and RRA AR's are being sold for $2,000, but its those Remington 700 owners buying up all the 223 ammo.... Right....

sig, thanks for the offer. I'll send give you a shout tomorrow.
Posted By: Mike T

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 02:33 PM

Kyle;

Let all these fools hoard all the ammo they can this year... Give it a few months, maybe a year, get all this political crap behind us and you will be seeing ammo at some of the cheapest prices you've ever seen.

Once the gun ban talks stop getting press, and things settle down all these guys that bought up case after case of ammo will realize how much money they have tied up in it, then they will see it showing up on store shelves again and they will start dumping it at gun shows and the bottom will drop out on the prices...

Just have to be patient is all. I personally am looking forward to it smile

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 03:12 PM

Yep. Bone stock bushmaster and RRA AR's are being sold for $2,000, but its those Remington 700 owners buying up all the 223 ammo.... Right....

I see you missed the point.

Do you think those AR15's chambered in 223 are responsible for the lack of 22LR, 45ACP, 9mm, 40S&W, 308Win, etc??????

My point is that just about all ammo is hard to find right now......not just the 223. But hey.......lets blame it on those scarey "weapons of war"! roflmao
Posted By: boonee

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 03:13 PM

Do Y'all remember when Weatherby ammo was the ONLY ammo that was $ 1.00 a round or more? Wait that was this past summer. 10-4 on waiting it out, telling everyone that's asked about ammo. IF you NEED it, you will pay big $ now, or wait a few months and let the supply line fill up.
Side note, the lady at WalMart Mesquite, in the sporting goods area told me people were calling about ammo and ARs coming in, (over 30 calls a day) Telling her they pay her to let them know when the truck was in. Shame on you guys.
Why was I there, getting propane, it's cold in the shop.
Posted By: phat694

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: boonee
Do Y'all remember when Weatherby ammo was the ONLY ammo that was $ 1.00 a round or more? Wait that was this past summer. 10-4 on waiting it out, telling everyone that's asked about ammo. IF you NEED it, you will pay big $ now, or wait a few months and let the supply line fill up.
Side note, the lady at WalMart Mesquite, in the sporting goods area told me people were calling about ammo and ARs coming in, (over 30 calls a day) Telling her they pay her to let them know when the truck was in. Shame on you guys.
Why was I there, getting propane, it's cold in the shop.

Boonee is HOARDING PROPANE!!!! He's causing the propane market to triple in price over night!!! Quick everyone stock up.... roflmao

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 03:31 PM

Dang it! Now EVERY BODY knows! Talk about a necessary item, business STOPS when the shop is that cold. Yes I will pay gouging prices to keep the shop at least 65. When your old like me, when your feet are cold your done!
Posted By: jollyrancher

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 04:19 PM

i got about 3,000 rounds of .223 and 4,000 of 5.56 green tip smile and yes i am a dreaded black rifle owner and ammo hoarder. some invest in the stock market, others gold, i invest in guns and ammo and right now business is good!

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:00 PM

it's going to be pretty funny when the "apocolypse" comes and all these people that have spent every dime they have are starving from trying to eat all that brass they own. LOL

"hell Earl, we ain't gotta worry 'bout nothin' we'll just shoot everything we need".
Posted By: Navasot

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:06 PM

just get a 22-250 and you wont have to worry bout it
Posted By: centurion2000

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:09 PM

Do Y'all remember when Weatherby ammo was the ONLY ammo that was $ 1.00 a round or more? Wait that was this past summer. 10-4 on waiting it out, telling everyone that's asked about ammo. IF you NEED it, you will pay big $ now, or wait a few months and let the supply line fill up.....

Apparently you never shopped for WSSM, 338 Lapua or any Nitro rounds. grin violin

If you don't reload yet ... START.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:31 PM

it's going to be pretty funny when the "apocolypse" comes and all these people that have spent every dime they have are starving from trying to eat all that brass they own. LOL

"hell Earl, we ain't gotta worry 'bout nothin' we'll just shoot everything we need".

But right now we think its funny when people like you get on here and belly ache about not being able to feed your gun because you didnt see this coming. roflmao

Oh.......and money isnt the only thing that can be traded for food. smirk

Something tells me that the next time you can find 223 you will buy more than a box or two. hammer

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:35 PM

I think it's going to be funny when these guys that were hoarding bulk steel cased 223 ammo at $1 per round sit back a year from now when the shelves are full again thinking what they could have bought instead of overpriced wolf junk! LOL

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 05:41 PM

I think it's going to be funny when these guys that were hoarding bulk steel cased 223 ammo at $1 per round sit back a year from now when the shelves are full again thinking what they could have bought instead of overpriced wolf junk! LOL

Heck I think thats funny already! I see people pay over $1 a round for military surplus ammo which is designed to shoot 4MOA when they could have bought something like Barnes TSX, Winchester Ballistic Tips, or Federal Premium loads for the same price with much better accuracy.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 06:48 PM

but it doesn't come in a TACT-TI-COOL military style can. laugh

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 07:37 PM

1,000 rounds i paid $250 for i can now sell for $1,000. Yeah what an idiot i am huh?

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 08:03 PM

I'm a reloader, since 1985. Taking animals with my loads since then, I own or have owned a lot of odd calibers. I have a "few" sets of dies on the shelves.
There is a fine line to "collecting" things, Gold, silver, brass, powder, lead, and $, BUT I have never cared for trying to walk a fine line.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: centurion2000
Do Y'all remember when Weatherby ammo was the ONLY ammo that was $ 1.00 a round or more? Wait that was this past summer. 10-4 on waiting it out, telling everyone that's asked about ammo. IF you NEED it, you will pay big $ now, or wait a few months and let the supply line fill up.....

Apparently you never shopped for WSSM, 338 Lapua or any Nitro rounds. grin violin

If you don't reload yet ... START.
Yup.
Posted By: Lochsley123

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 08:46 PM

I reload but somebody please tell me where I can buy small rifle primers ????

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Lochsley123
I reload but somebody please tell me where I can buy small rifle primers ????
Well, now that's the trick. That and Varget.

Always gotta stay stocked up.
Posted By: s8nEXlilhlpr

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 08:57 PM

yeah I got a reloading kit for xmas, still haven't unpacked it as I can't find any supplies laugh.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 09:02 PM

Build your bench, get set up and start looking. Components will be available again.
Posted By: Dave B

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 09:38 PM

Be more than happy to send you a box of 223 for free Kyle @ my expense, if your intended purpose is for your son to shoot.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: jollyrancher
1,000 rounds i paid $250 for i can now sell for $1,000. Yeah what an idiot i am huh?

+1

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 09:44 PM

did you sell them?

I'd say the guy who's buying them is an idiot, not you.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: s8nlilhlpr
yeah I got a reloading kit for xmas, still haven't unpacked it as I can't find any supplies laugh.

me too

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave B
Be more than happy to send you a box of 223 for free Kyle @ my expense, if your intended purpose is for your son to shoot.

Great Offer !! happy3
Posted By: catahoula

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 11:48 PM

You guys all sound about as bad as the Orange County House Wives.

You should write Obama and tell him to start spreading wealth of the 223 ammo
Posted By: coreybasshunter

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 11:51 PM

I just went out and bought 400 boxes of Mac and cheese I don't want to end up paying high prices later

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/14/13 11:52 PM

I'm hoarding toilet paper.
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 12:15 AM

Many of us AR owners also own other guns, have owned our black rifles longer than Obama has been Pres, and bought ammo when the prices were sane.

Maybe you should direct your anger toward the proverbial "grasshoppers" instead of the "ants" instead of AR owners as a whole. Lets be fare, it isn't anyone else's fault but yours that you bought a rifle for your son after a crunch, or didn't stock up while ammo was cheap. Outside of .223, there is no .30-30 on the shelf either. I guess lever action owners need some hate too.
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 12:17 AM

I'm hoarding toilet paper.

I hear rolls over 1" thick are going to be banned to cut down on house TPing.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 02:00 AM

Bolts actions are boing !
Posted By: Walt Kowalski

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 02:43 AM

Maybe you should start paying a little closer attention to what is REALLY going on.

Or you can wait until it's your son't bolt action that they are coming for.

It's up to you.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 03:06 AM

no, my addiction wont allow me to sell them LOL i am hoarder i cant sell them LOL

did you sell them?

I'd say the guy who's buying them is an idiot, not you.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 03:12 AM

or they will just take your food because they have the ammo...
Posted By: 7.62operator

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:03 AM

Well, I'm new here. But have been reading the forums here for quite sometime. I don't normally like to get involved and believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But seriously guys listen to your selves, just reading the responses to some of the posts really kinda makes me sick to my stomach with mankind. Some of the posts are a fine example of what will happen when the SHTF. I've got "it" (ammo,food,water,fuel, or what ever)and basicly the attitude becomes screw you. Have we become such a hardened society that we start acting like a pack of wolves. As dumb as it may sound, we had better stand together or we will all surely fall seperately. And my hat is off to several of the people in this room offering ammo at a fair price and to even send a box of free ammo. Im sure this post will offend some, but you had better set back and look at your selves real close, because the one you turn your back on today maybe the one you have to ask for their help tomorrow. "God bless America"

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By: 7.62operator
Well, I'm new here. But have been reading the forums here for quite sometime. I don't normally like to get involved and believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But seriously guys listen to your selves, just reading the responses to some of the posts really kinda makes me sick to my stomach with mankind. Some of the posts are a fine example of what will happen when the SHTF. I've got "it" (ammo,food,water,fuel, or what ever)and basicly the attitude becomes screw you. Have we become such a hardened society that we start acting like a pack of wolves. As dumb as it may sound, we had better stand together or we will all surely fall seperately. And my hat is off to several of the people in this room offering ammo at a fair price and to even send a box of free ammo. Im sure this post will offend some, but you had better set back and look at your selves real close, because the one you turn your back on today maybe the one you have to ask for their help tomorrow. "God bless America"

I hear what you're saying. I don't like the "I got mine and to heck with the rest of you" attitude either.

That being said, I think some of us are also frustrated with the folks who simply will not pull their heads out of their backsides long enough to take a look around, read the obvious signs of what is going on and what has a very high possibility of happening, and then take steps to prepare themselves.

But for every person you see that has the attitude of not being willing to help others, you will have another ten who have the attitude that nothing can go wrong...bad things can't happen here...Obama is not out to take our guns and if anything bad does happen, the government will be here to help.

It's called Normalcy Bias and lots and lots of people are afflicted with it. They have it so bad that they don't have the least inclination to take responsibility for themselves and prepare for even a storm that might cut off basic necessities for a few days, much less some event that truly means the end of the world as we know it. Their attitude is, "I'm going to let someone else take care of me".

And of those who have tried to prepare for hard times, many of them have not actually sat down and thought out the scenarios that can happen. Really...just what can you do when you are the only person on your block with food and your neighbors come knocking with their hand stuck out? Do you take food out of the mouths of your own children to feed your neighbor? I'll take it a step further....do you take food out of the mouths of your own children to feed your neighbor when you had taken the time in the past to warn him of what was coming and he did nothing but mock and laugh at you?

The reality is....there may actually come a time when some real hard choices have to be made.

If you're in a life boat that holds 20 people, do you try to load in 50, knowing that it will sink the boat and kill everyone?
Posted By: 7.62operator

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:45 AM

That being said, I agree, there are the ones that won't try to help themselves and will always be looking for a hand out. But there are a lot of people now days that live check to check with not a lot of extra in between checks. Makes it kinda hard to stockpile and take care of a family at the same time. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to land high paying jobs. And before you start lumping me in with the ones waiting for hand outs, I have been career law enforcement officer 25yrs. I have never drawn unemployment or disability. Do I have the stockpile of items I wish I had, no, but I have managed to stockpile some things including ammo, over the last year or so. I downsized my firearms collection and standardized on just a couple of common calibers and have bought a box or two of ammo every couple of paydays. Your right, there may come a time when some real hard choices have to be made. We had all better be praying we never have to make those choices, because when that time comes it is going to get real ugly.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 06:34 AM

That being said, I agree, there are the ones that won't try to help themselves and will always be looking for a hand out. But there are a lot of people now days that live check to check with not a lot of extra in between checks. Makes it kinda hard to stockpile and take care of a family at the same time. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to land high paying jobs. And before you start lumping me in with the ones waiting for hand outs, I have been career law enforcement officer 25yrs. I have never drawn unemployment or disability. Do I have the stockpile of items I wish I had, no, but I have managed to stockpile some things including ammo, over the last year or so. I downsized my firearms collection and standardized on just a couple of common calibers and have bought a box or two of ammo every couple of paydays. Your right, there may come a time when some real hard choices have to be made. We had all better be praying we never have to make those choices, because when that time comes it is going to get real ugly.

No....I hear ya. And I wasn't lumping you in with the ones with the entitlement mentality. And I am with you when it comes to not having a lot of disposable income. I've cut back on a lot of recreational activities and things, just so I could try to prepare for what's coming. Sold my motorcycle. Sold my boat. I drive a 10 year-old truck and a 17 year-old car. And my daughter and son-in-law fall into that category of people just living paycheck to paycheck...and still coming up short. And let me tell you, if it comes down to choosing between feeding the neighbors.....(who spend their time watching American Idol, Jersey Shore and Dancing With The Stars, and who won't listen for five minutes when you try to encourage them to take some personal responsibility)....and helping my Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids...I guess you know who is going to get help and who isn't.

Like you....I don't want to make those choices. But sometimes they are forced upon us anyway. It's best to at least try to think it through before it happens.

I totally agree with you. There are a lot of hard attitudes out there. You only have to watch them rioting over the newest Nike athletic shoes to figure that one out. So it's going to get real fun when it's food,fuel and water they're fighting over.

cheers

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 01:06 PM

thanks for the offer Dave, but Sig has a box he'll sell me. You're good people my friend!

I have some 223 ammo, but I was just looking for what his rifle was already sighted in for (or at least some conventional jacketed soft points), not the 223 FMJ's I have in the locker.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 01:49 PM

I guess what's really funny is all these people jsut now stocking up... where were you 4 years ago whe nObama was elected the first time? banana
Posted By: Mike W

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 02:04 PM

The better question is where were you?

The only folks complaining are the ones who didn't see this coming. And the only ones who didn't see this coming, were the ones not paying attention when the truth was being told about this guy and his associates.

If you can't run down to wally world and get ammo for your kid's gun, how is that the fault of AR15 owners? You should have already had ammo..

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Walt Kowalski

No....I hear ya. And I wasn't lumping you in with the ones with the entitlement mentality. And I am with you when it comes to not having a lot of disposable income. I've cut back on a lot of recreational activities and things, just so I could try to prepare for what's coming. Sold my motorcycle. Sold my boat. I drive a 10 year-old truck and a 17 year-old car. And my daughter and son-in-law fall into that category of people just living paycheck to paycheck...and still coming up short. And let me tell you, if it comes down to choosing between feeding the neighbors.....(who spend their time watching American Idol, Jersey Shore and Dancing With The Stars, and who won't listen for five minutes when you try to encourage them to take some personal responsibility)....and helping my Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids...I guess you know who is going to get help and who isn't.

Like you....I don't want to make those choices. But sometimes they are forced upon us anyway. It's best to at least try to think it through before it happens.

I totally agree with you. There are a lot of hard attitudes out there. You only have to watch them rioting over the newest Nike athletic shoes to figure that one out. So it's going to get real fun when it's food,fuel and water they're fighting over.

cheers
Couldn't have said it better myself. cheers

It all comes down to personal responsibility, a term as rare as "common sense" in our society now. People in general just don't seem to have much of either anymore.

I am hoping things will return to normal soon (and I really think they will), but in case I am doing my own "normalcy bias" thing I am prepared if they don't.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike W
The better question is where were you?

The only folks complaining are the ones who didn't see this coming. And the only ones who didn't see this coming, were the ones not paying attention when the truth was being told about this guy and his associates.

If you can't run down to wally world and get ammo for your kid's gun, how is that the fault of AR15 owners? You should have already had ammo..

sorry..I didn't buy the gun until a couple years ago.

do you make a habit out of buying ammo for guns you don't own?

Posted By: Mike W

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 04:48 PM

Did you not realize until last week that you owned that gun? You bought the gun 2 years ago, the stories were already far and wide about what this president's stance on gun control was. You didn't bother buying ammo for the gun you bought 2 years ago? And you hate AR15 owners why?

No need to hate AR15 owners just because you ignored the info.
Posted By: Paluxy300blk

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
Put yourself outside the stupidity this year. It may take some time to do, but it sure is nice when you get it done.

Get your reloading gear and components together over time. If you are expecting to buy everything at once at this point in time, it 'aint gonna happen. This goes for rimfire ammo as well, get it before it's in demand. Slow and steady wins the race.

Good post.

Get in the habit of buying a box or two on every trip to Wal-Mart, Academy, or your favorite hole-in-the-wall shop. It adds up.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: MewshawTX

Good post.

Get in the habit of buying a box or two on every trip to Wal-Mart, Academy, or your favorite hole-in-the-wall shop. It adds up.
Thanks.
It works with more than ammo too. Do the same when you grocery shop, pick up an extra whatever.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike W

Did you not realize until last week that you owned that gun? You bought the gun 2 years ago, the stories were already far and wide about what this president's stance on gun control was. You didn't bother buying ammo for the gun you bought 2 years ago? And you hate AR15 owners why?

No need to hate AR15 owners just because you ignored the info.
cheers
Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 09:58 PM

Well, in this case the blame for the ammo shortage is probably placed squarely and accurately.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 10:14 PM

Yes, let's not blame the person who is actually causing all the shortages. Let's turn on each other and break down into self righteous groups. Sounds like some people on here are having voters remorse.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 10:18 PM

Got a friend who has an evil black gun but he does not hunt. He told me the other day "if hunters want to turn on me and treat me like a sacrificial lamb, I will not say a word when they come for their 11-87's and "military grade" Rem 700's chambered in .308 which are found on battlefields or their Grandads old "Semi Automatic" 1911. People are scared. Period. If you are not concerned then you voted for it. Period.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: GriffGruff78

Well, in this case the blame for the ammo shortage is probably placed squarely and accurately.

The shortage is placed on people that were not prepared such as the OP. Most of us knew this was coming sooner or later with the people we have in office. JMC82 swore it would never happen but most of us knew it would. Hopefully after the dust settles the ammo will come back down.
Posted By: coreybasshunter

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/15/13 11:23 PM

I wish we could all quit blaming each other for all of these minor issues when a very big issue is at hand. If you own a gun and believe you should have the right to own it then you better stand up know! This is not about wether you have an ar or a single shot this is about your general right to own guns and protect yourselves as you feel needed. Our community, gun owners, is I believe on the whole a great community . We need to come together first to put down this gun ban idea. And then if the need arises we can come together as a community to supply our needs. Make no mistake there is never a good reason to not be prepared . We need to fix this issue so we don't have to worry about getting ammo for something as simple as a hunt. The ammo shortage didn't come up because of greed it came because of fear, and that is what the second amendment is for so we don't have to fear!!!!!
Posted By: Cueman

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/16/13 02:53 AM

My Weatherby ammo...8.00 a round...gotta deal with it..Shoot it maybe 5 times a year.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/16/13 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Yes, let's not blame the person who is actually causing all the shortages. Let's turn on each other and break down into self righteous groups. Sounds like some people on here are having voters remorse.

Well said.

There would be no shortages were it not for the illegitimate Kenyan occupying the oval office.

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/16/13 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Got a friend who has an evil black gun but he does not hunt. He told me the other day "if hunters want to turn on me and treat me like a sacrificial lamb, I will not say a word when they come for their 11-87's and "military grade" Rem 700's chambered in .308 which are found on battlefields or their Grandads old "Semi Automatic" 1911. People are scared. Period. If you are not concerned then you voted for it. Period.

You've hit on something that I think is very important...and that is that some people don't get concerned when the rights of their fellow Americans are trampled if the rights being trampled on do not apply to something that they care about. They are more than happy to sit by and let the freedoms of their fellow citizens be stripped from them for no other reason than what that person does might be unpopular....or something they don't like to do.

Let's take smoking for instance. In some parts of this country, you can't smoke anywhere.....not even outside. And when the Tobacco-Nazis started the whole thing, a lot of people sat by and said, "Well, I don't care. I don't smoke."

When the rights of ANY American are denied, we are all diminished and we all become a little less free. And conservatives are as guilty of this as liberals.

When it comes to guns, a whole lot of folks have the attitude of "Well, I don't own one of those and don't have a need for it, so it doesn't affect me if it gets banned, so I don't care." Frankly.....that attitude is short-sighted, stupid (that's right I said stupid) and downright dangerous. Because these people fail to understand that THE GUN-GRABBERS WANT ALL OF THE GUNS. The semi-autos and firearms that can accept large capacity magazines are just the beginning.

Time to wake up people. Ask not for whom the bell tolls....it tolls for thee.
Posted By: bikerdavet

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/17/13 11:10 PM

[/quote] When the rights of ANY American are denied, we are all diminished and we all become a little less free. And conservatives are as guilty of this as liberals. [/quote]

…Hear, hear

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/18/13 12:03 AM

thanks for the offer Dave, but Sig has a box he'll sell me. You're good people my friend!

I have some 223 ammo, but I was just looking for what his rifle was already sighted in for (or at least some conventional jacketed soft points), not the 223 FMJ's I have in the locker.

No problem friend. If I can help a kiddo continue his passion for shooting and hunting, then it is worth it. Really disappointed with this thread though. We know you don't hate Modern Sport Rifle owners since I am one. Everyone taking shots at each other when all you wanted was some .223 ammo for your son to enjoy the sport. Calm down all. Things will be back to normal in 3 to 4 months.
Posted By: riverdog

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/18/13 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Kyle, I have 55gr hi shok federals and 64 gr power shok Winchesters, one box each, let me know if you need them. Pre crazy prices just for you

Classy Offer from a class act
Posted By: Edjk

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/18/13 09:26 PM

The lone wolf does not stand a chance against a "united" pack of whatever...divided from the pack, it will perish.

I would hope the real issue here is understood. The more that stand unified with firm resolve, the better. Consider helping the like minded if you can or so choose, protect that which we hold dear and stand united against our common foe. This is not going to just magically go away. Believe that and its already over. Ask anyone that lived in California in 1984- that's exactly how they thought. I heard lots of it'll never happen here and they cannot do that - I was there...it happened with scarcely a peep. Did it for the children.

History may not exactly repeat but it damned sure rhymes.

Posted By: BowfishNinja

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/19/13 01:29 AM

Prices are dropping due to supply rising from price gougers! Lol

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/19/13 03:36 AM

And has anyone else noticed a LOT of the ads for AR 15's (not just here) say "Selling for a friend"? rofl

Methinks there are those out there that suspect this whole overpricing thing is gonna blow over soon and they still want to have folks out there that'll talk to them. peep

Posted By: SR025

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/19/13 07:13 AM

And has anyone else noticed a LOT of the ads for AR 15's (not just here) say "Selling for a friend"? rofl

Methinks there are those out there that suspect this whole overpricing thing is gonna blow over soon and they still want to have folks out there that'll talk to them. peep

roflmao I was thinking that today while looking at the 102984726 ARs in the classifieds

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/20/13 05:32 AM

That's ok, looks like AR 15 lowers are fluctuating in the 250 to 400 dollar price range.

This lunacy may continue for a while. People are not learning yet.
Posted By: soap

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/21/13 11:13 AM

OP. this is why you stock up on ammo before a crisis,

for the last few years. i'd always buy a few boxes of ammo once a week. and 500 round spam cans when on sale... no such thing as too much ammo and mags.
i have around 5.000 rounds of 223. and 3.000 rounds of 40S&W. and plan on buying more when prices go down.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst,

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/23/13 02:32 AM

so... how many of you ammo hoarders have your own water well, or access to a renewable source of fresh drinking water?
Posted By: tx outlaw

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/23/13 02:50 AM

Since when did being prepared become a crime in this country? I guess around the time it became a crime to be wealthy?
Posted By: BOONER

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/23/13 04:00 AM

so... how many of you ammo hoarders have your own water well, or access to a renewable source of fresh drinking water?

Lol. You were caught with your pants down and now you blame everyone else. up
Posted By: songdogslayer

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/23/13 04:04 AM

We can just hold people that have water at ransom with our ammo piles hammer
Posted By: Aaron-Ibex

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 01:52 AM

I've been buying ammo for the last year anticipating this...it cracks me up here the late-to-the-party people whine.
Posted By: tattooedtexan

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 02:10 AM

clap

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron-Ibex
I've been buying ammo for the last year anticipating this...it cracks me up here the late-to-the-party people whine.
And there ya go! cheers

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron-Ibex

What if said people got a late start to the party but were gonna still make it and only had the funds for a twelve pack and wanted/needed a case ?
Posted By: Old_School

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 04:32 AM

I can see MSR ammo being snatched up, but even I was a little surprised that everything else is flying off the shelf. Now if you shoot a .351Mag, 10mm, 45gap, or other rare round, that stuff is still on the shelf at most places. I was kind of shocked that 357sig was getting bought up. I like it, but I had no idea that it would be out of stock so often. Just takes a little hunting around and a little strategy. It's strange that the 3000 odd rounds of 22lr I have for plinking has become as valuable as gold.
It's all good though. My BIL has a closet full of 223 and large mags. I am sure he will do some trading with me for some mags.

It's been pretty cool, had some good conversations in the ammo aisle, met some pretty good folks. Before, I'd just pick up my ammo and head to the register. Now it's like a water-cooler.
Posted By: frognot

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Vernon and Dave, y'all are two awesome guys for making these offers.
Posted By: Carlos Martinez

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/24/13 01:37 PM

^ yup, stand up guys right there
Posted By: txhippo

Re: I'm really starting to hate people with AR15s - 01/28/13 04:14 AM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum