Texas Hunting Forum

Steel target hanger

Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Steel target hanger - 12/31/22 04:31 PM

I welded up some steel pipe to make this target frame and target holders that can easily be moved or change targets

I used sucker rods for the legs and cross bar

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Steel target hanger - 12/31/22 04:47 PM

Very nice….I like that a lot
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Steel target hanger - 12/31/22 05:44 PM

Holler at me when you break those chains. I will give you some retired fire hose.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Steel target hanger - 12/31/22 06:02 PM

I’ll do that Jason! I just wanted to see how they hold up for pistol. But I’m sure they won’t hold up to a rifle hit.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Steel target hanger - 12/31/22 08:07 PM

They hold, until a bullet cuts the chain.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Steel target hanger - 01/02/23 12:50 AM

Yep, old fire hose is the ticket. At Senior's place for the 500 yard steel matches all targets are hung with firehose.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Steel target hanger - 01/02/23 03:58 AM

The ones on the chains I figure will have plenty of give and swing back. The two on the right kind of remind me of a heavy steel target that was a few times larger than those. It had almost no give when hit. I did what I thought was absolutely impossible. I had a 180 ricochet with some ultra light 44 reloads and hit a friend shooting right beside me in the leg above the knee. It didn't break the skin, but left a pretty dark bruise. I guess it was a day or so earlier that my wife and another friend were sitting on a tailgate behind us. The swore they were hearing a whirring noise going over them and asked if it was a ricochet and I said physically impossible---wrong.

That was a long time ago and we rarely wore eye protection, just hearing protection. That could have been a bad deal and a lesson learned.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Steel target hanger - 01/02/23 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by J.G.
Holler at me when you break those chains. I will give you some retired fire hose.

Yep. Got tired of replacing chains on my range. I get my firehose from my sister.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Steel target hanger - 01/02/23 01:16 PM

Seems there's endless uses for retired fire hoses.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Steel target hanger - 02/20/23 11:37 PM

I bought some used cross ties and stacked them about 5 ft high. Screwed some plywood to the front. I staple the targets to it. I have stations at 100, 50 and 25 yards.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum