Texas Hunting Forum

Tile bathroom/shower remodel

Posted By: tskin

Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/28/21 05:51 PM

Doing research now on a bathroom remodel. Take out everything in a 1975 built bathroom. Remove tub and sliding door shower and replace with a larger open tiled shower.

If you have one you like and could post pictures I would appreciate it. It will be a walk in shower with no tub and perhaps a bench type seat on one end. I have noticed a ton of options for the shower head and other plumbing.

Thanks for any input.

Terry
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/28/21 05:54 PM

Only advice I have is to keep the shower valve as close as possible to the head. My brother's place has the valve on the opposite side of the shower from the head, and it makes it a pain to get the temp just right before you get in. Takes a couple seconds for the temperature to change once you turn the valve.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/28/21 08:02 PM

I'd give this design some serious consideration - totally open, at least on one end and no glass. Glass is expensive and hard to maintain.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/28/21 08:12 PM

No problems with my frosted glass.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ders26

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/28/21 09:36 PM

My last house had a walk in shower that was open. The problem is during the winter, it gets too drafty for me. I got to design ours at the new house. We put our shower knobs close enough for you to maintain controls while under the shower head but in a place where you didn't get hit with the cold water when you initially turned it on. We have his and hers shower heads and it is great. We put two corner benches in ours. We also have the wall insert to hold soap, shampoo, etc. I would consult with someone who does it for a living as they know what works best and can give you ideas. Kendall with Hometown Flooring did ours and he was very helpful in finalizing the design we wanted.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 12:26 AM

We are working through our design. I have a friend make same comment about winter. Wonder if any solution except move to warmer climate?

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 12:38 AM

Hot water?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 01:02 AM

Get rid of the door/curtain
Make the shower not only a walk-in shower, but a doorless shower
Add some lights.
I like reeltexan's idea too.
Post some pictures of what you have to start with. Guys on here have good ideas.
The wife and I did this ourselves a few summers back. We love it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 01:44 AM

There ya go
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Hot water?

My buddy said was great until you turn the water off, then heat rises being replaced with cold air off of floor. Heated floor not a good option in Texas. Radiant heat from ceiling would work, just need to find something mrs will accept.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack
We are working through our design. I have a friend make same comment about winter. Wonder if any solution except move to warmer climate?

Our shower is open, no door. I run the rain head and the wall head hot enough that when it’s cold in the bathroom I steak up the entire bathroom to the point of having to use the exhaust fan. It helps having a tankless water heater and an endless supply of hot water.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 01:39 PM

I just did our kids bathroom. It was time for an update. I did the entire thing myself in my spare time and all for under $2k. Pretty proud of that! Next I will be doing the master bathroom. I just need more spare time! laugh

Before

[Linked Image]

After

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 01:48 PM

That looks good! Do you hire out?
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 01:50 PM

Like button up

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 04:07 PM

That door is similar to. Mine except for the clear door.

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 04:35 PM

nice job, cannon
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 05/29/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

nice job, cannon

up
Posted By: saddlehunter

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/01/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cannon88
I just did our kids bathroom. It was time for an update. I did the entire thing myself in my spare time and all for under $2k. Pretty proud of that! Next I will be doing the master bathroom. I just need more spare time! laugh

Before

[Linked Image]

After

[Linked Image]

Is that sticky tile?
Posted By: cannon88

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/02/21 12:45 AM

Lol. Negative. Didn’t see this til now, so i didn’t get it when you said it yesterday. Haha. Great seeing y’all!!
Posted By: saddlehunter

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/02/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by cannon88
Lol. Negative. Didn’t see this til now, so i didn’t get it when you said it yesterday. Haha. Great seeing y’all!!

😂 Y’all too!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/05/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Get rid of the door/curtain
Make the shower not only a walk-in shower, but a doorless shower
Add some lights.
I like reeltexan's idea too.
Post some pictures of what you have to start with. Guys on here have good ideas.
The wife and I did this ourselves a few summers back. We love it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow changed the whole look of the room. Looks great

Cannon that is some nice work too! Looks awesome.

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/05/21 04:11 PM

cheers
Posted By: 1955

Re: Tile bathroom/shower remodel - 06/05/21 04:17 PM

Nice job 👍
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum