Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate

Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/25/20 07:23 PM

I'm looking for some help locating the nearest place to Bailey or Lenard to get some #2 crusher aggregate to put down at the entrance to my property. The only place I have found so far does not have #2 but a little smaller rock in Melissa (MCCRAW MATERIALS) and they are wanting $36 a ton.

I am planning on renting a hydraulic dump trailer next week to haul it. I need between 10 and 14 yards.

Anyone have any other options I can consider?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/25/20 11:02 PM

You try Brandon Reinart in Greenville? If they don't have it they can tell you where to get it.

Just my .02 cents. Have it delivered in a 12yd dump truck. Renting a trailer and running back and forth is worth the time and trouble and won't save you much if any $.
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/26/20 01:46 AM

I’m a long way from you so no ideas on who to call, but I will also recommend you have it delivered by a bobtail 12yd truck or even a semi if there’s room to get one in. You won’t be able to haul and dump much more than a few yards in a bumper pull dump trailer. They will hold a lot more than they will dump when you’re hauling heavy material like aggregate or dirt.

A legal bobtail dump truck load will be 12-13 tons, which is only 9 yds or so. A semi load will be more like 24-25 tons, or 18 yds.

If I’m understanding you’re putting this material down on the drive into your property. Are you looking for #2 crushed stone or #2 road base?
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/26/20 03:51 AM

Try David Copeland in Princeton
Posted By: munoz

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/26/20 03:26 PM

Commerce sand in campbell
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/26/20 10:52 PM

Some garden nurseries have it.

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/27/20 03:37 AM

Thanks for all the recommendations!!

After talking to a few places I’m going to have someone deliver it. As several of you suggested it will be less time and overall less expensive than me hauling 7 to 10 loads myself.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/28/20 03:52 PM

late to comment ... I have gone both routes in renting a dump trailer (5 yard GN) and having material delivered. It is by far cheaper around here to have 12-18 yards delivered over renting trailer and hauling yourself by the time you count rental, hauling, time and material.

I have since bought a dump trailer (5 yard BP) since I frequently use for personal things (rock, gravel, mulch, top soil, garden soil). I have 2 different quarries about 10 miles from my house, one with rock/road base and the other with sand, river rock, and a local nursery to buy mulch, top & garden soil.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 09/28/20 11:36 PM

Call Ricardo 214-205-5826 tell him Walter sent you.

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 10/08/20 07:54 PM

I got it done today... Looks great

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 11/01/20 08:20 PM

up cheers
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Recommendations for #2 Crusher Aggregate - 11/01/20 08:49 PM

Beautiful. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum