Texas Hunting Forum

Wood working bench

Posted By: KRoyal

Wood working bench - 05/31/20 03:24 AM

Wanted to make a wood working bench since I’m getting back into it. Wanted to setup a miter station with t track stops. Got some tops from my work and built the bases to match. T track is routed into the tops with rulers reading both right to left and left to right.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 03:27 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 03:32 AM

That's really nice. You did a fantastic job on it.

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
That's really nice. You did a fantastic job on it.

Thank you sir! Just need to install my dust collection system and I’ll be up and going.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 04:03 AM

Very nice work!!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 11:42 AM

Do you hire out? confused2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 12:30 PM

Great job

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:03 PM

Thanks guys. Bill what are you wanting done?
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:20 PM

Looks great what are you going to make?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:46 PM

Clean looking setup you built there sir. Like the burn wood accenting, did you seal it with anything?
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:53 PM

That's awesome!
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Clean looking setup you built there sir. Like the burn wood accenting, did you seal it with anything?

Looks like he used polyurethane. You can see the can in one of the pics.

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Looks great what are you going to make?

Going to be doing mostly flags and other wood projects. Not building furniture or anything. I got a vinyl cutter that can cut out stencils for my painting. So can pretty much put any design I can come up with onto wood.

Here is a flag I did for my office. It’s about 5ft by 40 inches. It still isnt big enough for the wall so I bought a reproduction of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution from the national archives that I’m going to transfer to wood 1 for each side of the flag.

[Linked Image]

Re: Wood working bench - 05/31/20 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Looks like he used polyurethane. You can see the can in one of the pics.

Thanks and yes a couple coats of poly.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Wood working bench - 06/03/20 02:41 PM

Prayers

That You will ditch all that ryobi stuff before calling yourself a woodworker

Sorry the Truth is like that

Re: Wood working bench - 06/03/20 10:42 PM

Gosh that was real mean of me
My apologies sir
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 01:48 AM

looks good

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by timbertoes
Prayers

I’ve been using the Ryobi stuff for years and haven’t had a problem out of it. I have probably 20+ of their tools. Only thing that has died is 2 of the 4 year old 2 MAh batteries.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 02:20 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 02:51 AM

The bench looks out standing. The lack of orange in your lawn equipment selections have you looking like an antifa millennial. It is shameful to be honest
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 03:38 AM

It is not the dollar value invested in tools that makes the true craftsman.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/04/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
The bench looks out standing. The lack of orange in your lawn equipment selections have you looking like an antifa millennial. It is shameful to be honest

Son you don’t even do your own yard work so wouldn’t even matter what color your yard tools were. rofl

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
It is not the dollar value invested in tools that makes the true craftsman.

Thank you sir!
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Wood working bench - 06/06/20 09:34 PM

Time for the ol dust collection system install now buddy!

Nice job! up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wood working bench - 06/07/20 02:12 PM

Great job!!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Wood working bench - 06/07/20 02:59 PM

Too bad they aren’t level
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Wood working bench - 06/07/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Prayers

I’ve been using the Ryobi stuff for years and haven’t had a problem out of it. I have probably 20+ of their tools. Only thing that has died is 2 of the 4 year old 2 MAh batteries.

I was on a job with a cabinet guy. Every morning he told me how his Delta was better than my Ryobi. But every afternoon he finished the day with a Ryobi. I went to Milwaukee M12 about 5 years ago because they are compact. Dont ask me how many batteries I have bought!

Re: Wood working bench - 06/07/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Time for the ol dust collection system install now buddy!

Nice job! up

Got it installed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Wood working bench - 06/07/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack
Prayers

I was on a job with a cabinet guy. Every morning he told me how his Delta was better than my Ryobi. But every afternoon he finished the day with a Ryobi. I went to Milwaukee M12 about 5 years ago because they are compact. Dont ask me how many batteries I have bought!

I’ve thought about switching to Ridgid when my ryobi goes out. But none have failed yet so will continue to use them. Think Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi are all owned by same company.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Wood working bench - 06/08/20 02:22 AM

Doesn’t matter. That $399 DeWalt dual compound, sliding saw does it all and does it dang well. I can run the snot out of one.

Nice job on the vac set up man!
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Wood working bench - 06/09/20 04:26 AM

Really like the burnt wood look. Nice job.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Wood working bench - 06/09/20 11:31 AM

Great job Kyle....
Posted By: Ders26

Re: Wood working bench - 06/09/20 01:13 PM

up Looks Great.
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: Wood working bench - 06/09/20 01:13 PM

Looks awesome.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/09/20 02:11 PM

Like what your doing and your passion for it.

So please let me say to you:
Talk to me before your next purchase. 20 years of woodworking, furniture etc blah blah. no big deal really.

You mentioned Rigid. ok. That is Emerson Electric. for many years they have built in the USA, lower cost tools for Sears, and ?? price point tools. Been to one of their factory's. Avoid.
They also import run of the mill Chinese stuff. Some things like a floor drill press...ok same as so many. until you need a new chuck key. none others fit.
loved it when home depot employees would tell you they own it. the he** they do. outright lies. lol!

quick run down of the brands I have used and have been either amazed at their quality and how well they work, or just happy enough to mention.

Routers: Dewalt. Big ones and medium sized. Makita. Bosch.
Planer Jet and Grizzly. they are the same. go 15inch or go home
jointer 6" jet. happy. 8" grizzly not happy. sold it.
table saw Jet 10" cabinet saw full blown, left tilt. LEFT TILT. LEFT. NOT RIGHT. bought a ryobi floor model table saw once. took it back two days later. got a delta 10" floor . outgrew in a short time got the jet used on CL.
Bandsaw. you can get by with various 14" models. but Grizzly has good ones in the 17 and up. son of a gun the 19 I had was one great working machine esp for resawing wood for turkey box calls lol.

Sanders: Bosch. Porter cable small finish 1/4 pad is ok. Porter cable gets no love from me other wise. noisy azz routers. crappy battery powered drills.
Jig Saw. Bosch. OMG what a jig saw. cuts like a dream. 5/4 white oak. Aluminum.... lol

Dear Friend, if you spend good $$ on building 22 rimfires...would you put a 600 dollar stock on a marlin 60 ??? LOL! (maybe) would you take a Marlin 60 on a first date ?? NOOOOOOOOO
put the same attitude towards tools of a lifetime that will truly make you very happy how they outperform.
It is not brand snobbery, its brand realization.

use what ya got. it can be a lifetime avocation. upgrade when u can.
I no longer have any of my floor mount WW tools, lol. !! just Metal working. Another world of chinese made hurt.
peace out.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Wood working bench - 06/10/20 03:12 PM

Like what your doing and your passion for it.

So please let me say to you:
Talk to me before your next purchase. 20 years of woodworking, furniture etc blah blah. no big deal really.

You mentioned Rigid. ok. That is Emerson Electric. for many years they have built in the USA, lower cost tools for Sears, and ?? price point tools. Been to one of their factory's. Avoid.
They also import run of the mill Chinese stuff. Some things like a floor drill press...ok same as so many. until you need a new chuck key. none others fit.
loved it when home depot employees would tell you they own it. the he** they do. outright lies. lol!

quick run down of the brands I have used and have been either amazed at their quality and how well they work, or just happy enough to mention.

Routers: Dewalt. Big ones and medium sized. Makita. Bosch.
Planer Jet and Grizzly. they are the same. go 15inch or go home
jointer 6" jet. happy. 8" grizzly not happy. sold it.
table saw Jet 10" cabinet saw full blown, left tilt. LEFT TILT. LEFT. NOT RIGHT. bought a ryobi floor model table saw once. took it back two days later. got a delta 10" floor . outgrew in a short time got the jet used on CL.
Bandsaw. you can get by with various 14" models. but Grizzly has good ones in the 17 and up. son of a gun the 19 I had was one great working machine esp for resawing wood for turkey box calls lol.

Sanders: Bosch. Porter cable small finish 1/4 pad is ok. Porter cable gets no love from me other wise. noisy azz routers. crappy battery powered drills.
Jig Saw. Bosch. OMG what a jig saw. cuts like a dream. 5/4 white oak. Aluminum.... lol

Dear Friend, if you spend good $$ on building 22 rimfires...would you put a 600 dollar stock on a marlin 60 ??? LOL! (maybe) would you take a Marlin 60 on a first date ?? NOOOOOOOOO
put the same attitude towards tools of a lifetime that will truly make you very happy how they outperform.
It is not brand snobbery, its brand realization.

use what ya got. it can be a lifetime avocation. upgrade when u can.
I no longer have any of my floor mount WW tools, lol. !! just Metal working. Another world of chinese made hurt.
peace out.

He sticks with these ideas about as long as Buzz sticks with a rifle, he doesn’t need to spend money on quality tools since he will sell them all next month.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/10/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig

He sticks with these ideas about as long as Buzz sticks with a rifle, he doesn’t need to spend money on quality tools since he will sell them all next month.

Shots fired
rofl
Posted By: Judd

Re: Wood working bench - 06/10/20 07:58 PM

but I did get some decent shirts out of the last venture grin

Re: Wood working bench - 06/10/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
but I did get some decent shirts out of the last venture grin

Lol I'm not really looking to make money off this one, this is more of a hobby and for fun. Shirt business was super small profit margin when you're not printing them yourself. Once I started doing it myself I remembered why I outsourced it in the first place LOL. Just wasn't for me.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/12/20 09:50 PM

Finished up my Declaration of Independence and Constitution today.

[Linked Image]

Re: Wood working bench - 06/16/20 01:41 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

what is the finished height of the tables? and what did you put on the bottom of the wood at the floor?

Re: Wood working bench - 06/16/20 02:30 AM

The table top height is 42” I got some leveling feet off of Amazon and drilled the 4x4’s and installed them to level it all out since my garage floor slopes down towards the door.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Wood working bench - 06/16/20 12:34 PM

Chest high?

Re: Wood working bench - 06/16/20 01:11 PM

Lol it did turn out pretty high, but I like it. Doesn't hurt my back from bending over working on stuff.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/17/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Payne
Chest high?

gotta be over or under the belly if ya got one. over works better for me! lol! 42" to the chest? yall must know each other or payne is a short fella!

Re: Wood working bench - 06/17/20 09:48 PM

Kylie is borderline midget size to put it kindly...

Re: Wood working bench - 06/18/20 01:33 AM

looks like he has a little woodworking talent and graphic design talent. I will leave it at that. been watching a guy build his dust collection system on another forum and thinking about one for myself but as someone said earlier about kroyal, I would prolly sell the stuff in a couple of months.

Re: Wood working bench - 06/18/20 05:44 AM

I give him hell but Kylie is a good one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum