Texas Hunting Forum

I have this BIG WOK

Posted By: mudman

I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 04:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Its a 32" Wok. Need ideas on a big wok burner. For now I'm using a 55 gal drum cut in half using wood.

Attached picture DSC_0438 Wok.JPG
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 04:51 PM

That shirt and them shoes don't go together. grin

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 04:55 PM

What Shoes? Just my around the house clothes. No shoes. I am practicing going bare foot. I'm in the finals for that show "Naked and Afraid".

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mudman
What Shoes? Just my around the house clothes. No shoes. I am practicing going bare foot. I'm in the finals for that show "Naked and Afraid".

up I'll be pulling for you if you get on that show.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 05:08 PM

Its taken months of interviews, bio, video's etc. to get to the point I'm at now. They said they will contact me for an interview. I'm between jobs so I thought why not reality TV. A country boy can survive.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 05:25 PM

Check with these guys. https://tejassmokers.com/Cast-Iron-Burners/24

What I would do is find 2 burners from old heating units, find a HVAC company that works on propane units. Build the fire stand to accommodate them side by side. But plan on playing with the temps and flames, it might take 3 units, but 2 will get you started.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 05:29 PM

Thanks Dogcatcher. I would have never thought going that route.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 05:36 PM

A crawfish boil/turkey fry burner would work well. You'd probably need to add some type of support to it to stabilize your King Kong wok while cooking.

I spent a few days at a bud's deer lease last year and watched a guy cook a full breakfast for a dozen or so in one of those, all at one time. His wok management skills were pretty amazing.

Charlie

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 05:44 PM

The only time I have used it, I dug a hole and built a fire and supported the wok on metal stakes. Worked good, but something kind of portable would be great. Also thinking about having a BBQ trailer and incorporating this wok.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:14 PM

Its taken months of interviews, bio, video's etc. to get to the point I'm at now. They said they will contact me for an interview. I'm between jobs so I thought why not reality TV. A country boy can survive.

Holy crap, I thought you were kidding! You've got to keep us updated. Go, mudman, go! banana

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:24 PM

I think I'm going. Like I said its been months going through everything. The strange part was I sent pictures in and they replied saying they really needed to talk to me about the pictures. I thought; well hell they don't like them. I called the lady and she said " I have set down with my team and we all looked at your pictures, and everyone loved them". Waiting on the Producer of the show now. He will contact me sometime, but I know not to bug him.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:33 PM

This thread has gotten off course, but I have questions about that show. I have a machete, a good one. Thats all I'm taking, I hope my naked female partner takes a mosquito. net. Like I do for every job, I prepare. I spent 3 days and nights at a nudist resort to see how I would do. No problem.
Posted By: maximum

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:45 PM

i once had a co-worker that moved here from a cold northeastern state, and
was bragging about being a practicing nudist. he was telling me that he was
going to mow his field that next weekend, and that the heat wouldn't bother
him at all like it does a lot of us since he would do all his mowing nude.

he got to find out about the chiggers in Texas that weekend

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:48 PM

That nudist place is only 20 miles from my house. I did not get one chigger or mosquito bite Strange, but I think they spray bug killer.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:53 PM

Also while at the nudist resort they had a 5k nude run. I came in 9th and I'm 55 years old. I am proud of that, I got a T-shirt.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 06:57 PM

I spent 3 days and nights at a nudist resort to see how I would do. No problem.

I need a little clarification regarding "No problem." Uhhh, does that mean you DID have a "reaction", or you DIDN'T have a reaction. grin And I'm sorry, I can now not get the picture outa my head of you firing up that huge wok, buck nekkid. Tell me you're not putting oil in it.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 07:03 PM

Hell NO Creekrunner. I did cook out there nude, and I used a cast iron skillet. I never knew how much grease actually popped out of the pan!!!!!

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 07:08 PM

Creekrunner, no reaction. There was women actually about 60%. The first couple of minutes was terrifying, but you look around and everyone is naked. I really slept good out there camping in my little tent. Try it some time.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 07:10 PM

I have to prepare for that show.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 07:23 PM

A good Cajun fish cooker burner is what you need. Remember that the wok is only supposed to be hot in the middle bottom. The sides are just hot enough to hold the cooked food at serving temp.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 07:57 PM

Cast yes. That hole I dug in my backyard and used the stakes worked good. I'm thinking of someone now to build me a BBQ trailer with this wok somehow
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/02/19 10:34 PM

Crazy some of the stuff you read on here
Posted By: phathawg

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/03/19 08:29 AM

Kinda ironic to win a t shirt at a nudist event
Posted By: dkershen

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/05/19 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by phathawg

Exactly what I was thinking.... roflmao
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/25/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen

I'm rofl

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/26/19 08:48 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...Ogym3chiQqiCL6aVVAVNhLtpLWHN9LkPEg-rWhqB

Just got back from my trip through Thailand, etc. Had a good time. Going back.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/26/19 08:50 AM

Going to get married. I know what everyone will think, but she is really nice. I stayed there for like 50 days, close to the Laos border. No expats except me. If you go to Thailand stay out of Bangkok.

Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/27/19 01:34 AM

Going to get married. I know what everyone will think, but she is really nice. I stayed there for like 50 days, close to the Laos border. No expats except me. If you go to Thailand stay out of Bangkok.

You spent 50 days in Thailand, fell in love and youre getting married? Isnt that what all the websites say NOT to do, lol. Any picture? laugh Your facebook link doesn't work, Id love to see pictures from your trip, Ive thought about taking a trip over there. Think Im going to the Rocky Mountains first though.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/27/19 01:46 AM

This is the most all over the road thread I’ve seen in a while. Lol
Posted By: jetdad

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/27/19 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by dlrz71

I'm rofl

A sock may have been more appropriate.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/27/19 01:56 AM

Ain't that going to interfere with your TV debut? I'm confused. confused2

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork

You spent 50 days in Thailand, fell in love and youre getting married? Isnt that what all the websites say NOT to do, lol. Any picture? laugh Your facebook link doesn't work, Id love to see pictures from your trip, Ive thought about taking a trip over there. Think Im going to the Rocky Mountains first though.

Take it from me, Go to Colorado you'll be glad you did.... cool2

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 05:44 PM

Naw, you can't wait on a casting producer and put your life on hold.. I have to
find my camera to downloads some pics.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 05:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: texasag93

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Originally Posted by dlrz71

I'm rofl

A sock may have been more appropriate.

Was the female prize pasties?

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 06:45 PM

Naw the women could wear some clothes, most didn't. The men had to be nude. Didn't matter to me. They won a T-shirt also. That T-shirt is one of my finest trophies.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/28/19 07:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Look at the chilies. Crazy good food, but spicy. Took this picture while still half way sober.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 11/01/19 03:26 AM

Just bringing this up again. I did post some pictures.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 11/02/19 08:38 PM

This is a big wok as just seen on TV.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AlexAlex

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 03:40 AM

Where did you get this huge wok? I need one. My wife says I'm crazy coz she wants a regular one, but I know I need the same as yours. laugh
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

That is an extremely overpriced piece of equipment. Not sure if you've priced them, but I have.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by AlexAlex
Where did you get this huge wok? I need one. My wife says I'm crazy coz she wants a regular one, but I know I need the same as yours. laugh

I highly recommend Southwest Disk Co. Solid steel w/custom handles. You can buy the Rio Grande for $80 (was the last time I bought a couple), and a nice collapsible stand for $100.

The stand will only last for a number of years, but if you take care of that disk it will last for generations. I love mine.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 04:22 AM

Southwest makes some great stuff. I have cooked on one. It is legit and no Judd you cannot have my disk....
Posted By: BigPig

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

[Linked Image]

That is an extremely overpriced piece of equipment. Not sure if you've priced them, but I have.

I got one as a gift, puts my gonads disc cookers to absolute shame

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

[Linked Image]

What? roflmao
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 08:02 AM

[Linked Image]

What? roflmao

Are those different from calf fries..... rofl
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 12:21 PM

yingyang
Posted By: Ders26

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 02:19 PM

I love my wok. I built it a couple years ago. It is 18 inches but scalloped. I am about to upgrade to a larger disk. I like projects so I will make my next one too. I mainly cook fish and porkchops on it.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 09:38 PM

Also while at the nudist resort they had a 5k nude run. I came in 9th and I'm 55 years old. I am proud of that, I got a T-shirt.

Is it April 1st?
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 10:18 PM

This thread has completely offset all the good vibes of the hump day thread.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/19/20 10:39 PM

[Linked Image]

What? roflmao

Y’all have seriously never heard of a Gonads brand disc cooker? I thought most in here were amateur chefs
Posted By: Poppa

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 01:26 AM

never heard of them, heard of gonads, we called them nuts or balls, but not gonad disc cooker?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 02:02 AM

up

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 02:27 AM

I highly recommend Southwest Disk Co. Solid steel w/custom handles. You can buy the Rio Grande for $80 (was the last time I bought a couple), and a nice collapsible stand for $100.

The stand will only last for a number of years, but if you take care of that disk it will last for generations. I love mine.

Thanks! I'm thinking now to buy Trinity Oval Handed. It's cheaper than I thought it could be. At first we wanted to get a regular wok. My friend's wife suggested to get something like this one but it's small for us. Since we need it for camping and we usually go with our friends, we definitely need something bigger. So this one from Southwest Disk Co. or maybe Pecos Discada (this one even bigger) will be perfect!

Thanks, man!

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 02:53 AM

up

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 04:36 AM

Thanks! I'm thinking now to buy Trinity Oval Handed. It's cheaper than I thought it could be. At first we wanted to get a regular wok. My friend's wife suggested to get something like this one but it's small for us. Since we need it for camping and we usually go with our friends, we definitely need something bigger. So this one from Southwest Disk Co. or maybe Pecos Discada (this one even bigger) will be perfect!

Thanks, man!

The Fire Disc is no slouch. Yes it’s expensive, but it’s made very well. The disc is around 25 pounds, will hold 5 gallons of soup or whatever you want to cook. The stand is portable and collapsible with thick powder coat.

I’ve had regular discadas in the past and they just haven’t been anything special, in fact I just sold them in a garage sale.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 06:37 AM

Thanks, man!

The Fire Disc is no slouch. Yes it’s expensive, but it’s made very well. The disc is around 25 pounds, will hold 5 gallons of soup or whatever you want to cook. The stand is portable and collapsible with thick powder coat.

I’ve had regular discadas in the past and they just haven’t been anything special, in fact I just sold them in a garage sale.

5 gallons of soup.. sounds good grin
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by cannon88
This is the most all over the road thread I’ve seen in a while. Lol

It's better than the 'Young and the restless'. You go, mud man. Beautiful bride too.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 11:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Look at the chilies. Crazy good food, but spicy. Took this picture while still half way sober.

Thai food is some good stuff, but that looks like that would RIP the mucus lining of your mouth, throat and oesophagus. Not to mention other delicate parts like your sphinctor.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/20/20 11:53 PM

roflmao I LOVE Thai food.
Posted By: Judd

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/21/20 01:29 AM

I’ll have one pretty soon...I’ve issued a repossession order for non usage. Buddy is still not using it so I’m going by to do what needs to be done.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/21/20 02:06 AM

LBFM’s...... popcorn

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/21/20 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Judd
I’ll have one pretty soon...I’ve issued a repossession order for non usage. Buddy is still not using it so I’m going by to do what needs to be done.

You can buy it for $1,500 or go pound a pile of sand. #buzz deal

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/21/20 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

LBFM’s...... popcorn

grin salute
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 08/21/20 11:52 AM

Did oxner and colt45 have a kid?
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 09/27/20 04:11 AM

How have I not seen this thread till now? Judd, you NEED that disk.

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 09/27/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog

You missed out on this?

Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 09/27/20 04:31 AM

I know right? Ive even heard of that nudist place before, growing up in Wise County. roflmao

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 09/28/20 03:47 AM

F him and F you. No deal. Mine roflmao
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/01/20 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

That's my disk, you just rented it or you can pay me more to buy it. bolt
Posted By: Jman

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/01/20 12:53 PM

Oh the irony of receiving a T-shirt as a gift at a nudist resort
laugh
Posted By: Judd

Re: I have this BIG WOK - 10/01/20 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Then you better start using it rooster lollipop...you've been served and I've not seen you use it yet. I will steal it and give it a good home of usage...little over a month, you better get busy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum