Texas Hunting Forum

Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question - 06/30/19 07:16 PM

I've added an attached garage on to our house and the wall I attached to was formerly brick. The new foundation was poured at foundation height, so I have the former brick ledge that I need to fill in as I want it to all be level and I plan on doing some kind of epoxy coating.
[Linked Image]

Recommendations on how to best do that? It's about 5" wide and 3/4-1" deep. I was planning to use cement resurfacer, have (2) 5 gallon buckets of it. Might this be too deep for a resurfacing mix? It's too shallow to put any reinforcing material I would think.

Thanks,
Charlie
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question - 06/30/19 08:39 PM

They make a concrete filler. Being that thick you should add some pea gravel to the mix. Make sure you brush on some concrete glue(i call it milk because it looks like milk). These products are sold at Lowes and home depot. If you could rough up the surface it would help.
Posted By: phathawg

Re: Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question - 06/30/19 11:48 PM

Clean and dry. Use bonding agent (moose milk). Fill with levelimg compound. You might fill halfway and repeat the process.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question - 07/01/19 12:59 AM

Looks like bottom plate is lower than existing floor. Is so...

1. Add blocks in between each stud to raise elevation of bottom plate to match or exceed concrete floor.
2. Fasten treated ground contact 1x4 or 2x4 into cavity.
3. Float level with floor leveler.
Just an idea.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Concrete - Foundation (kind of) question - 07/01/19 04:10 AM

Thanks for the input all...

Jack, the foundation level you see the existing plate resting on is the same height as the new slab.

I have used the bonding agent once (a year ago probably), so I put it down again with the remainder I had left.

The leveler I have says it's good for 1" thickness, I have areas of 1.5". What do ya'll think of putting a layer down, adding a light/layer of pea gravel and then the final? It really won't have any strength role as it's largely cosmetic. Given the location and width, it won't ever have anything more than maybe a cabinet leg/caster or the like on it.

Thanks
Charlie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum