Texas Hunting Forum

Greenhouse/high tunnel

Posted By: B-radder

Greenhouse/high tunnel - 03/15/19 02:20 PM

If you were looking to purchase, what brands would you be looking at? Alot of companies out there.
Posted By: ChrisG

Re: Greenhouse/high tunnel - 03/15/19 04:27 PM

Are you talking about a hoop house/high tunnel with poly sheeting? or and greenhouse with hard windows? If your building a hoop house all you need is a pipe bender jig and you can fabricate the hoops yourself. I one I have build we paid to have a concrete curb put it, we filled the inside with gravel, bent the galvanized poles ourselves, and ran the poly sheeting over the top.
Posted By: B-radder

Re: Greenhouse/high tunnel - 03/15/19 04:39 PM

Looking at both , first will be a high tunnel . I was wondering about building one , it dosent look complicated, I would like to frame in a door . I would think we would need shade over the poly during the summer
Posted By: ChrisG

Re: Greenhouse/high tunnel - 03/21/19 05:54 PM

We framed the ends of ours like you would a residential exterior wall with 2x lumber, with a womanized bottom plate. Adding shade is, in my opinion, a personal preference. We never shaded ours but we had great ventilation, or just removed the poly when it was not needed. We really used our during the colder months to extend the growing season, or to grow produce year round.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Greenhouse/high tunnel - 03/21/19 06:57 PM

Use 20 foot joints of 1" PVC pipe with a 2x4 base and "sort of an upright frame".

Like this

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum