Texas Hunting Forum

Please school me on paint sprayers

Posted By: Texas Dan

Please school me on paint sprayers - 01/02/19 06:05 PM

I need an easy to use paint sprayer for occasional use around the house. Looking for something that works well in spraying metal and wood doors.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Please school me on paint sprayers - 01/02/19 06:11 PM

I usually just buy a cheap airless sprayer....I buy it as a one-use deal but always clean it and try to get multiple uses from it...

If it fails to work later I toss and replace. One of the very few tools that I treat this way. Usually I live by the model buy once-cry once and get the best tool I can afford. With paint sprayers I am just the opposite...
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Please school me on paint sprayers - 01/03/19 02:34 AM

Rent it then forget it.
Posted By: Western

Re: Please school me on paint sprayers - 01/03/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by mrmo
Rent it then forget it.

This is what I'd do if you can do your painting once or twice a year. We have probably around 150 in striping paint sprayers and I still rented a Graco airless to paint our church interior, it was easier and cheaper than cleaning out a painter to rent one for str8 latex, $ 75 iirc.

If it's just for "doodling" around now and then, then I'd go like SW does and buy a harbor freight sprayer, either air or airless, keep clean more than anything and use it as long as you can.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Please school me on paint sprayers - 01/03/19 02:55 PM

Harbor Freight small hand held one is about $20, but a pain to keep filling it. For a small job it is okay, larger I would rent one of the bigger units that suck the paint out of the bucket.
Posted By: Papalote

Re: Please school me on paint sprayers - 02/10/19 03:08 AM

I painted my doors, trim and cabinets after Harvey with harbor freight $10 spray rig. I used a 10 gallon compressor set up, thinned the paint.
These units are 20 oz gravity feed. Mix paint/water in a mason jar 50/50. Adjust air and paint volume to your liking. VERY easy to use. Great results . Disassemble and clean after each use. Cheap enough to buy 2.

Papalote
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum