Texas Hunting Forum

Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard.

Posted By: J.G.

Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 04:52 PM

The front end could use some weight climbing mountains in Brewster county, and out of canyons in Terrell county. I figured the radiator needed some protection. The light bar (red/white) could have stood to be higher off the ground. I got a winch and wanted it on a cradle and have the ability to move from front to back. So, I went to cutting and welding to make it like I want it. Turned out alright. I can pick up and walk with it. I haven't weighed it, but I'm guessing 80 to 100 pounds. The pipe the receiver runs through is 3/16" wall. The other pieces of 2 3/8" are 1/8" wall. The 1 7/8" is 14 gauge, and the 1" pipe (1 5/16" O.D.) is a 5/32" wall. The factory bumper is only connected by very thin tubing just below the main bumper tube, and on each side of the radiator, as well as at the extreme bottom of the bumper, on a center flange. Mine is connected on both sides of the radiator, using 3/8" x 2" flat bar, connected to the frame just inside the receiver tube, as well as at the extreme bottom flange. There's enough connection that it should make a real life anchor place attached to the machine.

BEFORE
[Linked Image]

AFTER
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 05:02 PM

That looks great...

You should go into the business of building stuff.....clearly skilled!

up

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 05:05 PM

I used to be. I've been in steel fab and welding since 1996. I still do work for old customers, myself, and good friends. I don't advertise, but I do advertise for the rifle range, and what I'm doing there. smile
Posted By: Western

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 05:19 PM

Mighty damn fine Jason up
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 05:57 PM

That’s nice!!

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 06:10 PM

Thanks yall!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/12/18 06:18 PM

Beautiful work. I miss having a shop. I can't weld my way out of a paper bag, but we had guys that were true artists.

up
Posted By: Big A

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/13/18 10:28 PM

Beautiful work
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/13/18 10:46 PM

I like that a lot.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Mule replacement bumper/ grill guard. - 12/13/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Western
Mighty damn fine Jason up

cheers