Texas Hunting Forum

Propane copper tubing connection???

Posted By: PMK

Propane copper tubing connection??? - 09/30/15 04:35 PM

the previous owner of the cab-over camper I bought, had to cut one of the copper tubing lines to the secondary heater to replace one of the jack stand mounts. He merely cut the line with some side cutters. I need to attach a rubber hose to the copper tubing to route back thru the frame to the propane tank. I do not have any copper tubing flaring tools ...

could I merely get a hose with the proper fitting on one end to re-attach to the T up near the tank and merely slide the hose over the copper tubing (where it was cut) and put a hose clamp or two on it???

or is there some type of a copper tubing fitting that would be similar to a dressler coupling that slides over the tubing that could be tightened down on the tubing to seal...

or do I need to get a flaring tool and do it with a flared fitting?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Propane copper tubing connection??? - 09/30/15 04:45 PM

You need a tubing cutter and a union, no flare tool needed to repair copper tubing.

Like this -

Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Propane copper tubing connection??? - 09/30/15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
the previous owner of the cab-over camper I bought, had to cut one of the copper tubing lines to the secondary heater to replace one of the jack stand mounts. He merely cut the line with some side cutters. I need to attach a rubber hose to the copper tubing to route back thru the frame to the propane tank. I do not have any copper tubing flaring tools ...

could I merely get a hose with the proper fitting on one end to re-attach to the T up near the tank and merely slide the hose over the copper tubing (where it was cut) and put a hose clamp or two on it???

or is there some type of a copper tubing fitting that would be similar to a dressler coupling that slides over the tubing that could be tightened down on the tubing to seal...

or do I need to get a flaring tool and do it with a flared fitting?

You may swing buy a Propane shop and have them pre make you up a line Sir...

Be careful that Propane is nothing to mess around with in a Camper..sure you know that Bud...
Posted By: Cast

Re: Propane copper tubing connection??? - 09/30/15 08:27 PM

Some folks advocate removing all copper lines from an RV. I stayed with my 42 year old copper lines and a brand new propane detector. I did leak test...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum