Texas Hunting Forum

Water well

Posted By: pkhunter624

Water well - 04/23/14 03:51 AM

I need to replace the pipe in my well, I was going to use glue joints until a plumber told us to use sch 80 threaded pvc pipe. I can't find anybody in fort worth that will sell to the public. Only need 80 ft this is a shallow well we use only for the yard. Anyone know where I might buy some around Ft. Worth?
Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Water well - 04/23/14 01:52 PM

First, I'm not a plumber... Is this pipe you want replace for the casing or for the pump? I'm pretty sure my pipe that attached to the pump is glued.

Re: Water well - 04/23/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DoubleB20
First, I'm not a plumber... Is this pipe you want replace for the casing or for the pump? I'm pretty sure my pipe that attached to the pump is glued.
This is to connect to the pump. The pipe we took out was steel thought we would go back with pvc. Would be alot lighter if we have to pull it again.
Posted By: JTS

Re: Water well - 04/23/14 05:27 PM

I would look into using poly pipe since its only 80ft deep.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Water well - 04/23/14 07:09 PM

The guy who drilled our new well was going to sell us some until we decided to just drill a new well(our casing was collapsing)

A drilling company or well service should be able to sell you some. Ours was 140 foot and we were able to pull it by hand till the pump got hung up in the collapsing casing. 80 foot shouldn't be to bad.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Water well - 04/23/14 07:16 PM

Should be available. Check some water well supply stores in Ft. Worth. Can't remember the name but I believe it is off Beach south of the loop.

Re: Water well - 04/25/14 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo
Should be available. Check some water well supply stores in Ft. Worth. Can't remember the name but I believe it is off Beach south of the loop.
Thanks Leonardo I found it, Austin Pump. Got what I needed today.
Posted By: 6mm284

Re: Water well - 05/06/14 07:09 PM

Using glue on 80' will be fine.
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: Water well - 08/04/14 09:17 PM

Atlas supply off Haltom rd. texas water products off 820
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum