Texas Hunting Forum

Gates - Painting over Powder Coating?

Posted By: dkershen

Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/25/13 04:39 PM

I've got 8 pipe gates of various sizes I need to install as part of my fence project (6 to 12 feet). The only place I can find the number and type I need are Tractor Supply, and they don't come in black. (rest of pipe fence will be black) Their gates are either galvenized, or powder coated "crap brown". I really don't want to sand, primer and paint that many gates... but don't see an option. Any ideas from the collective THF brain trust?
Posted By: East

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/25/13 04:41 PM

know anyone with a sand blaster

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/25/13 05:12 PM

Nope. Wish I did.
Posted By: FFF21

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/25/13 05:18 PM

My fence is black and I have the brown TSC gates. Doens't look too bad, but I think you could paint them just like anything else.

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/25/13 09:41 PM

I think they've got some gates in red as well. Might just buy those and leave them be... and tell everyone I went to Tx Tech.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/28/13 08:05 PM

I think a galvanized gate on a black fence would be just fine. Or you could paint your fence brwon. Or just paint the gates.

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/28/13 10:39 PM

Decided to upgrade to the nicer green wire panel gates that Tractor Supply sells. (And am painting the fence to match.) For what it was going to cost to sand blast and paint the cheap gates, I can afford the better quality ones.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Gates - Painting over Powder Coating? - 02/28/13 11:42 PM

McCoys down south all sell gates. Various types and a couple of different colors.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum