Texas Hunting Forum

Fort for the Kiddos

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Fort for the Kiddos - 02/19/13 02:32 PM

Here's a pretty neat idea for your kids or in my case, Grandkids. I built it outside but it is great for them to use inside as their fort. I've written all the instruction up inclusing a material list, cut list, tools list, and assembly steps. However, it's an MS Word document so if you're interested, send me a PM with your email address and I'll sent it to you. If you can't open MS Word, I'll convert it to a pdf file for you. Total cost of the frame is a little over $47 with materials purchased at Lowe's. That doesn't include the fabric as I haven't bought it yet. You can use several bedsheets or buy the fabric I've noted in the instructions and just have two pieces. As long as you don't glue anything together, it can be knocked apart for easy storage. It measures about 53" square with a roof height of 78".

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Fort for the Kiddos - 02/26/13 04:37 AM

That is nice. I could see that as temporary greenhouse as well. Just skin it it with the right stuff and stake it down.
Posted By: R&R

Re: Fort for the Kiddos - 02/26/13 10:23 PM

Cool! Thanks!!
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: Fort for the Kiddos - 02/27/13 03:49 PM

When my boys were little,they would have torn that apart in less than 5 minutes. Wrassling inside it and jumping off the roof in their superman capes would do it in.
Then used the pieces for sword fighting.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Fort for the Kiddos - 03/08/13 03:38 PM

That is cool. PH, you're very industrious. I can see a portable blind in the making.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum