Texas Hunting Forum

Pistol Hanger for the Safe

Posted By: pug

Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/20/13 07:00 PM

Saw an image of something like this online and decided to make some for myself. Using 1/4" stainless rods bent with vice grips (tried the vice but found the vice grips easier). Squirted some rubber cement into some surgical tubing that I had on hand before slipping it onto the chamber end of the bent rod (leave a bit of rubber over the end of the rod for protection). Cheap, easy and worked very well.

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/23/13 05:10 PM

Good idea! Hmmmmm - wonder if you could dip the ends in that plastic coat you can buy for dipping pliers & wire cutter handles?
Posted By: Bill_OA

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/23/13 10:14 PM

Nicely done. Got any pictures of it in use? Curious how it looks holding a pistol.
Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/23/13 10:32 PM

Good job, Pug. Post pics when done. up
Posted By: chickenpants

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/23/13 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: WCallaway
Nicely done. Got any pictures of it in use? Curious how it looks holding a pistol.

http://www.thealaskalife.com/guns/gun-safe-storage-solutions

they cost about $20 for 4 if you don't want to build them yourself .

Posted By: FFF21

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/23/13 11:41 PM

Why couldn't I have thought of that!
Posted By: pug

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/25/13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Good idea! Hmmmmm - wonder if you could dip the ends in that plastic coat you can buy for dipping pliers & wire cutter handles?

Great idea! Headed to Ace just as soon as this trip is done...
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 01/27/13 03:58 AM

If you use CLP make sure it doesnt get on any plasti-dip as it could eat it.
Posted By: Shifty

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 02/08/13 07:04 PM

Great Idea.
Posted By: John2

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 02/10/13 04:11 AM

I bought a package of 4 to try and I liked them so much I decided to make a few more.My first mistake was using a vice and a small shop hammer to make a square bend.I bent it a little too much and when I tried to straighten the bend back it snapped.I then used vice grips as Pug did and I finally made the one on the bottom.I need a better way to make a square instead of a rounded on the right but this is my first one.The tubing is temporary but I want to see how it's going to hold a pistol before I coat it with a plastic coating.

Posted By: Paul Sonnier

Re: Pistol Hanger for the Safe - 02/26/13 02:09 AM

Good idea....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum