Texas Hunting Forum

Rice Bran

Posted By: teamtigers34

Rice Bran - 05/24/23 08:35 PM

Question for you deer hunters out there. Do bear eat rice bran? I m try to find some the bear will leave alone. Also how do you feed it?
Posted By: LanceH

Re: Rice Bran - 05/26/23 02:18 PM

Deer in ETX love rice bran and you can buy it in flavors. I live in Killeen and the only place I can find it around here is wal mart or maybe Atwoods and it will be just plain ol rice bran.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Rice Bran - 05/26/23 03:28 PM

Bear will eat anything you put out for deer including cotton seed when their in the mood. Rice Bran is a treat for them but I’d still use it until they show up and won’t leave. I’d look into a decent sized feeder and put an electric fence up the legs and around the base of the barrel. You eliminate the beer issue and the coon problem at once. The battery and charger sits under the feeder between the legs,
Posted By: teamtigers34

Re: Rice Bran - 05/26/23 04:32 PM

Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Rice Bran - 05/26/23 05:09 PM

My rigged method was to use these type I bolts dipped several times in the plastidip and mounted them through the feeder legs and the base of the feeder itself. Never had an issue after they were installed and the coons make for a great comedy when they get blasted. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum