Texas Hunting Forum

Bonehead Mistake III

Posted By: Hudbone

Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 01:31 PM

Brought 10x12 building down to River House to serve as additional sleeping quarters. A set of full size bunks, sink and crapper. Add a light and a widow A/C unit and that about all it is.

Needed it plumbed so we called what turned out be some wonderful folks in Uvalde. Casey Plumbing I think. They hooked up the water feed and septic with us not being here. Got down Wednesday and was elated with what they did. Absolutely happy as a gopher in soft dirt.

The next afternoon found me tending to the place prior to dinner and Randy Rogers at The House Pasture. Yes, we drove two hours to listen to a guy who lives 1/2 mile from us. Some mesquite was trying to grow from some flat to the ground stumps and we weren’t having that. Got my long handled hatchet and went after it.

By the new cabin there was one of these stumps there and I quickly dispatched the invaders. There was an unusual root that needed to be removed so I went after it. Wasn’t too long before there was a six foot fountain spray right before the cut off (of course). No witnesses but no water. Had to turn off feed to house. Went in and did the “mea culpa” thing. Going dirty to a concert in Concan ain’t that big a deal here, but Wifeypoo and Amygirl jet weren’t real pleased with Daddy Stupid Guy.

Exposed it and saw some of the ugliest looking 3/4 inch PVC and got off to the hardware store in Leakey. They cut off a 2 foot stick and we got glue and such. Got back, cut out the severed portion and was caught off guard by tow soft and flexible it was. That pipe didn’t match up because it wasn’t PVC.

Called the plumber to find out it was Pex. Asked what was needed for repair, would they sell it to me and could some Stupid Guy possibly manage to get done? They wanted to know how I could possibly do what I did so of course some controlled laughter followed. Got on the road for the 45 minute drive where they had some simple parts and a tool I had never seen. They gave me a demonstration and lent me that tool. Got back, completed the repair and it actually took. Turned the water back on at about 6.

Did dinner, got to the concert clean and returned that tool at 8 the next morning. A new River House rule has been suggested - Stupid Daddy Guy not to be allowed to do landscaping with a long handled hatchet. I get it.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:07 PM

Between fixing a plumbing leak and going to a Randy Rodgers concert….I don’t know which is more of a beating….
Posted By: soooo

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:10 PM

roflmao
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:15 PM

roflmao sounds like a trick I’d pull.
Posted By: duffas

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:19 PM

Pex undergound? Not for me!
Posted By: freerange

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:34 PM

Did you even TRY duct tape first.......
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 02:40 PM

You could have gone down to river for a quick bath.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 03:17 PM

I have no PEX skills, knowledge or tools. That will eventually be a problem.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 03:55 PM

PEX is stupid simple!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/18/23 06:25 PM

Wow. Surprised by the pex underground as well. My understanding was it was way flexible which could get pinched in shifting soil.

Hopefully the fix holds and the pex is big enough to not cause problems for you.

Disclaimer: i know nothing about plumbing so what i said above might be way off base
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/20/23 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by duffas

Yeah, love me some PEX, but I've never seen it buried. Don't know how that would work?

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/20/23 04:06 PM

Little demand, short run and that there soil ain't going to shift at any time. Frankly, I like it. The expansion ability of the product will only be to my betterment.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/21/23 01:04 PM

Remind us….. what were bonehead mistakes I and II?
Posted By: Espy

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/21/23 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Originally Posted by duffas

Yeah, love me some PEX, but I've never seen it buried. Don't know how that would work?

[Linked Image]

I ran one 300 ft long pex line to a cabin a few years ago. No connections super easy. You can buy pex lines up to 1000 feet maybe longer.

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/21/23 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

I am "good" at these. If I had not been misleading all you, I would have titled it Bonehead Mistake 3,118,762,437
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/22/23 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

I am "good" at these. If I had not been misleading all you, I would have titled it Bonehead Mistake 3,118,762,437

roflmao

I don’t doubt you, I just can’t remember them and wanted a good laugh.
Posted By: cibolo

Re: Bonehead Mistake III - 03/28/23 11:41 PM

Never used Pex underground either, don’t know any reason it wouldn’t work
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum