Texas Hunting Forum

Found Dead

Posted By: TCM3

Found Dead - 11/24/22 06:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Hit by a car on the road in front of the lease... never seen him on camera before.
Counted 6 points. About 16" wide.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Found Dead - 11/24/22 06:46 PM

That's a shame but it should of crossed at the sign.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Found Dead - 11/24/22 06:53 PM

I went to college in Michigan and up there it is legal to harvest Roadkill. State troopers will even flag you down as you're driving by asking you if you want to haul it off and will shoot the flopping Critter in the head if you say yes. I've also seen them bash in the brains of a deer in with a ball peen hammer instead of shooting them. Is it legal to do that here in Texas?
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Found Dead - 11/24/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2
I went to college in Michigan and up there it is legal to harvest Roadkill. State troopers will even flag you down as you're driving by asking you if you want to haul it off and will shoot the flopping Critter in the head if you say yes. I've also seen them bash in the brains of a deer in with a ball peen hammer instead of shooting them. Is it legal to do that here in Texas?

Uh, no
Posted By: don k

Re: Found Dead - 11/24/22 08:17 PM

Years ago I hit a deer going into Bandera. I saw a GW in town and asked if I could have the deer. He said sure but you may not want it after gutting and skinning it. I took it home and he was right. Never wanted a road kill again.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Found Dead - 11/24/22 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
That's a shame but it should of crossed at the sign.

lol35
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: Found Dead - 11/25/22 02:36 AM

Saw 7 dead deer between Bellevue and Childress on 287 today. A few of them were nice, mature bucks.
Posted By: amaneckred

Re: Found Dead - 11/26/22 03:46 AM

Same on 40 between Shamrock and Amarillo. Saw one right after McLean that was really nice.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Found Dead - 11/26/22 02:38 PM

angel I hate to see one get hit by an auto.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum