Texas Hunting Forum

Better late than never

Posted By: Texas Dan

Better late than never - 01/20/22 05:49 AM

"Kyriss’ buck scored a net 202-7/8 inches, beating the previous record score of 189-0/8 inches, which was set in 1943."

Link
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Better late than never - 01/20/22 03:42 PM

Crazy story about this buck. I have ad-blocker and can't read the link above but I found this one.
Link II
Posted By: freerange

Re: Better late than never - 01/20/22 07:23 PM

Crazy length but not much mass relative to the overall score.
Big Big Big buck.
The article mentioned, I think, 24ish racks officially scored at over 200 net typical. I love big deer but Ive never researched facts like that. Interesting.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Better late than never - 01/20/22 09:46 PM

There are more than that buck that has been lost to time and is hanging in a barn or shed or hunting cabin out there.

I've seen some giant mule deer in crusty old beer joints. My grandma had a skull mount she had off a mule deer taken somewhere in west texas that was north of 200". Guy gave it to her to pay his tab off one night.

These will continue to pop up over time if people care enough to report them
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Better late than never - 01/20/22 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Crazy length but not much mass relative to the overall score.
Big Big Big buck.
The article mentioned, I think, 24ish racks officially scored at over 200 net typical. I love big deer but Ive never researched facts like that. Interesting.

Gotta remember these are only the deer reported. Prob some more out there that go unreported. Plenty of them from HF ranches and freak genetics.

I love me a big typical buck. Would love to get a typical over 180 some day. Would be awesome. I think given the nature of where my plac eis, I am much more likely to hit that mark with a non-typ though. Seems there are plenty of non-typ genes in my neck of the woods.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Better late than never - 01/21/22 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Crazy story about this buck. I have ad-blocker and can't read the link above but I found this one.
Link II

eeks333
Posted By: wolfehunter

Re: Better late than never - 01/23/22 01:57 AM

Cool story!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum