Texas Hunting Forum

#2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed

Posted By: stxranchman

#2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 09:10 PM

Not in Texas but still a huge buck taken this season.
https://www.northamericanwhitetail....k-world-record-whitetail-crossbow/453795
[Linked Image]
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 09:48 PM

That rage did a number on him.

I wonder, if we could go back in time, would B&C redo the scoring system to include a “net” score or instead just rely in the gross?

The record books would be completely re-written that way.
Posted By: Big8

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 09:51 PM

eek2
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
That rage did a number on him.

I wonder, if we could go back in time, would B&C redo the scoring system to include a “net” score or instead just rely in the gross?

The record books would be completely re-written that way.

B&C does have a gross score shown in "the book", but since B&C is all about symmetry, they'll never base their final score on gross. I don't agree with it, but that's their deal.
Posted By: Hoosier Texan

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
[Linked Image]

Not very many typical bucks off of low fence properties like this come from Texas. I grew up in this area of Indiana, lots of corn fields and not overly populated. My uncle took a 190 class buck from about an hour north of there years ago.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hoosier Texan
[Linked Image]

Not very many typical bucks off of low fence properties like this come from Texas. I grew up in this area of Indiana, lots of corn fields and not overly populated. My uncle took a 190 class buck from about an hour north of there years ago.

There aren't many 200 net typical WT taken anywhere. There are a lot of LF big Texas bucks taken that are never reported. I have pics of a 196 net typical taken this year from a LF ranch in South Texas.
Posted By: Hoosier Texan

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 11:29 PM

[Linked Image]

There aren't many 200 net typical WT taken anywhere. There are a lot of LF big Texas bucks taken that are never reported. I have pics of a 196 net typical taken this year from a LF ranch in South Texas.

Fair point. I wish they would report them because an article I read last week of big buck's taken so far this year didn't have Texas anywhere on the list.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 11:30 PM

Don’t see a lot of bucks with multiple mass measurements over 7” like this one either. Great deer.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/26/21 11:34 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 12:14 AM

eek2

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 12:15 AM

[Linked Image]

Fair point. I wish they would report them because an article I read last week of big buck's taken so far this year didn't have Texas anywhere on the list.

A lot of places that are leased do not report book deer for simple fear of loosing the lease and poaching. Many ranches do not allow any contest entry or photos of deer emailed out. Many do not allow deer to be entered in the book. I know of at least 13 LF NT and Typical bucks taken last year that green scored minimums to make the book. Most of those made the book. I know there were more taken than that and those deer were just not reported for obvious reasons.
The buck in this post is world class without a doubt, no matter where it was taken. But it has taken a long time since the Hanson buck for a buck to rival the Jordan buck and that is what is impressive to me. While Indiana has great deer it is not known for having a deer like this...if it were Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Alberta, Saskatchewan, etc then it would not be as impressive to me. Still very impressive but where it came from was not even mentioned when talking about the next world record Typical.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:06 AM

Id take that buck over milo every time. Much better frame
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:27 AM

I don't know, Indiana is ranked purdy high in the nation for WT hunting...

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I don’t know about that, but it’s certainly a heavier horned buck.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:38 AM

They do rank high but are not a widely talked about for killing B&C deer as other midwest states. They rank up there but for some reason they are just not mentioned along with the top states like Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio or Kansas.
I found this interesting.
[Linked Image]
https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2018/8/28/top-10-states-for-monster-whitetails
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:03 AM

Beautiful

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:06 AM

I don’t know about that, but it’s certainly a heavier horned buck.

It’s all tine. They have replica at the entrance to Grapevine BPS

[Linked Image]

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:09 AM

It’s gonna be harder for deer to beat the hansen buck because of better nutrition and an emphasis on age, more deer are gonna throw kickers and non-typ points.

IIRC the hansen buck was only 3 years old

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:32 AM

It’s gonna be harder for deer to beat the hansen buck because of better nutrition and an emphasis on age, more deer are gonna throw kickers and non-typ points.

IIRC the hansen buck was only 3 years old

That’s a very fair assessment, those northern deer also peak so quick, due to winter survival issues.
Posted By: tlk

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:54 AM

They do rank high but are not a widely talked about for killing B&C deer as other midwest states. They rank up there but for some reason they are just not mentioned along with the top states like Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio or Kansas.
I found this interesting.
[Linked Image]
https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2018/8/28/top-10-states-for-monster-whitetails

I had a membership to B&C records and last time I checked for the top counties in the country for typical and nontypical bucks over the last 10-20-30 years Maverick County led in all categories - I will go back and check because things may have changed but my memory is that Maverick lead in both categories for many many years - will let you know what I find out
Posted By: tlk

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 03:21 AM

now that I think about it I believe what I posted here a few years ago was the B&C best counties for Texas and not the entire country - Maverick led in both categories for most B&C bucks for the last 10-20-30 years - your post was for the entire country - my bad

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 03:50 AM

[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65
[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

When I get to heaven this is gonna be right up there with who shot Kennedy and did we really land on the moon in 1969 as the first questions I fire off.

That’s an absurdly large buck taken in a area not known for whopper sized deer. However several credible sources handled and scored the buck and deemed it authentic. I watched the video of him walking up to it after he shot it and it looked legit. The ear thing never bothered me as we have killed several bucks with floppy ears just like that. What I can’t say is if that is a free range buck or not

I researched it a few months back and it isn’t know if Mitch rompala is even still alive

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 04:21 AM

[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

I still think that deer was real. And after setting a far and watching every rumor in the world go down, I can see why he did what he did. Especially if you are a real private person already
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 04:41 AM

I think it was real as well, every time someone kills a big deer they get drug through the rumor pond and personally I rarely tell anyone what I kill much less a world record deer. It would be kept hush hush, haters are simply going to hate and I don’t need nor want the attention.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 04:56 AM

[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

I still think that deer was real. And after setting a far and watching every rumor in the world go down, I can see why he did what he did. Especially if you are a real private person already

Do you think it was a free range deer or farm raised?

For what it’s worth I always hoped it was a legit kill. Some things about the area it was killed are odd but apparently the guy is a real deal hunter with many record book beads to his name.

It’s an interesting topic to talk about.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:17 PM

Unfathomable.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:47 PM

yes, beautifully shaped rack.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 01:48 PM

[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

For what it’s worth I always hoped it was a legit kill. Some things about the area it was killed are odd but apparently the guy is a real deal hunter with many record book beads to his name.

I think free range. I think guy just can’t stand most people. Just a private guy and when media exploded he shut it down immediately.
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:14 PM

When I see monsters like these I always think HF escapees...They are so big they just don't seem naturally possible to me. Congrats to the guys, not calling anyone fake or dishonest, I am just in awe!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 02:38 PM

😳
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 03:01 PM

Another interesting tidbit is how many of these world class deer from the mid-west are harvested in counties that grow a lot of soybeans...It took my heard awhile to eat them. The corn and nuggets would be gone, and the roasted beans would pile up. But now they eat them first.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BassBuster1
When I see monsters like these I always think HF escapees...They are so big they just don't seem naturally possible to me. Congrats to the guys, not calling anyone fake or dishonest, I am just in awe!

They are really a different deer. Different subspecies of whitetail that are large bodied. The does in Illinois are bigger than our bucks here.

When i hunted in Ohio the guide i was assigned had a family farm just up the road. Every year they killed a 180" or better deer. few years back they shot a 195" Big Corn Fed Midwestern bucks.

There is alot of agriculture but not alot, if any supplemental feed. Food plots are common but they are not pouring the protein feed to them like we do down here.

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/27/21 06:46 PM

[Linked Image]
popcorn bolt

I think free range. I think guy just can’t stand most people. Just a private guy and when media exploded he shut it down immediately.

the only thing that raises my suspicions is the deer was killed in an area not known for big deer. All other record book heads, for the most part, are killed in areas of big deer, with a few notable exceptions. It was so much larger than the average trophy buck that it raises some concern about it being a free ranging deer. the spread of 30" is also pretty incredible, as I can't remember any whitetail having a spread that large. Its also extremely symmetrical which is also a little bit strange
Posted By: Stub

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/28/21 03:16 PM

Wonder how much it weighed?
Posted By: Bucks auto

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 12/31/21 05:00 PM

Did you see this east Texas deer?

Attached picture 15F92915-A159-40B4-873B-ECDCFCBE5575.jpeg
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 01/01/22 10:20 PM

Very nice
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: #2 WT B&C Typical record book buck killed - 01/04/22 01:42 PM

The first pic doesn't do that deer any justice whatsoever. The one of him hanging and the front view............ eek2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum