Texas Hunting Forum

Days in the Field

Posted By: DQ Kid

Days in the Field - 12/14/21 11:57 PM

How many total days, sits do you have this deer season, archery and general season? I have 5 days, 10 sits and all general season. Will probably shoot for 7-8 total days or 14-16 sits. What about you?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:06 AM

I may not hunt every morning and afternoon but I try to hunt every day during rifle season. But I'll probably miss about 7-10 days this season. I have the benefit of living on the ranch and also hunt a little in Oklahoma. I have 5 stands with 2 feeders at each stand, I just keep moving around so I don't get bored..lol

The few days I don't hunt I have a feeder 150 yards off my back porch, so I'm looking at deer every day.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:08 AM

I go out when the mood strikes me. I'm pretty sure I was one of the few during the "snowpocolypse" this year that was in a deer blind a couple of times, or the New Year's Day ice/snow storm before that, for that matter. But really crappy weather inspires me. grin In a deer blind is my 2nd all-time favorite choice as a way to go out...at the end. eek2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:09 AM

6 total days for me , hoping for 2 more
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:14 AM

I loose count after a while, so it is easier to say I have not hunted about 14 days or so far this season. That is since beginning of archery to date. I just spent 17 days hunting for Mule Deer and taking a break since Sunday.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:27 AM

Ramsey has hunted almost every day this season, the joys of retirement lol.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:36 AM

Have lost count of the number of days but since Oct 3rd I have hunted 2-3 days a week and a couple of weeks I hunted 4 days. I hunt on MLD land so I still have over 2 months to hunt.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:58 AM

I’m guessing 14-18 days by the time it’s over. Looking for Mr. Right…LOL
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 01:13 AM

I've been in a stand just about every day, minus the weekend at house in town. I've already shot my buck but still enjoy drinkin' beer and watchin' deer.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 01:24 AM

I've hunted about 9 sits during the archery season, and 3 full days, sun up to sun down during Mule Deer Season, plus 7 sits in the stand with my kids.

hoping to get out this weekend at my place cause the season is starting to wind down for me
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 02:06 AM

Atleast 40 sits maybe a few more. I’ve already tagged out on my buck but will still continue to hunt. May shoot a doe or two, might shoot some hogs might not shoot anything else but I’ll still be out there.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 02:13 AM

3 hunts for 6 sits and done this year. Done actually hunting after son got buck. We just don't have enough deer to keep hunting.. Plenty of hogs.. Santa's bringing a new toy so will enjoy that after Christmas. Some years did like 25 sits and didn’t even see a deer to shoot on a bad lease a long time ago that was only 2 miles from current place. Big acreage makes a huge difference.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 02:17 AM

18 days so far. No buck yet. Still haven't picked up a gun.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 02:44 AM

30-40 easily
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:33 PM

7 days 14 sits
Posted By: Stub

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:37 PM

2 days, 2 sits. Both of my freezers are full so no rush to shoot one. Probably will do 1 or two more just to get out there.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
I loose count after a while, so it is easier to say I have not hunted about 14 days or so far this season. That is since beginning of archery to date. I just spent 17 days hunting for Mule Deer and taking a break since Sunday.

Freaking slacker!

roflmao
Posted By: Coastalquacker

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 01:29 PM

11 days about 16 sits. This is the first time my place to deer hunt has been less than an hour and a half away. Probably will hunt 6-8 more days. Then, time to duck hunt.
Posted By: M1John

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 06:34 PM

I had 1 day in the field, 2 sits, for a total of about 4 hours, opening day. Rifle season in western Kansas on private (non fenced) land. Tagged a 9 point buck.
Posted By: Tkshunting

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 06:51 PM

I’ve been in the field a total of 6 days with 2 of them being sun up to sun down sits, 2 of them was just morning and afternoon hunt and the last two were a couple morning hunts in which I got a doe one day and a 8 pt 2 days later.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 07:03 PM

On a normal year I take off the month of November and half of December to hunt and I’ll normally hunt every day but it’s been so dry we’ve been making up for time we lost last winter/spring from all the flooding so maybe only 9 days so for this year but we got several great deer during those days. I’m starting tomorrow and hunting through till Christmas in Oklahoma or until I kill a target deer. Then I’m going to Florida for 2 months and fishing or I mean work smile ani
Posted By: don k

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

worthless
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 10:24 PM

8 days a month multiplied by 4 month season equals 32 days or so….
Posted By: kry226

Re: Days in the Field - 12/15/21 11:08 PM

Not nearly enough, but I did manage to work in some pheasant hunting in Iowa this year which was a blast. I probably got about 15-20 sits in the deer stand this year. elmer
Posted By: Stetsonoverton

Re: Days in the Field - 12/16/21 01:53 AM

34 sits so far not sure how many more I’ll get it before season ends. Lots of pigs have been arrowed and dropped but deer have kicked my butt
Posted By: deer chaser

Re: Days in the Field - 12/16/21 05:43 AM

i have been twice this year , both times for 8 days each trip
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Days in the Field - 12/16/21 12:26 PM

I go either morning or evening everyday. I definitely would have sat longer and hunted more this year if it wouldn't have been so hot.
Posted By: bueller

Re: Days in the Field - 12/16/21 04:58 PM

8 days and roughly 16 sits, another 3 - 5 days left this year. Location is east Texas, Morris County.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Days in the Field - 12/16/21 10:24 PM

Probably 30 or so. Killed my buck 4th day of gun season but hunted hard during bow season. Letting my son have lease to himself most of prime times since he has a buck tag.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum