Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Restrictions Question

Posted By: CSS79

Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 07:40 PM

If the county your hunting in only has AR restrictions you can still harvest a doe in the general season.
Just want to be sure. Thanks
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 07:44 PM

Double check the OA to make sure doe season is open in that county.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by CSS79
If the county your hunting in only has AR restrictions you can still harvest a doe in the general season.
Just want to be sure. Thanks

That varies widely County by County....so pull up your county (or look in hunting regulations handbook) for the county you intend to hunt. In my county for instance...only the first two weeks are set aside for the harvest of antlerless deer (if no other permits are being used). I can think of at least one county where it is a mere 3 days long.

IF your county has an extended season (I.E. Muzzleloader season) after the regular...then often times antlerless deer (and also any legal deer not yet taken during the regular season) will again be available. BUT....you would need to use a muzzleloader or be a person eligible for the extended season (I.E. late season youth hunt)

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 08:03 PM

Hill County the OA doesn’t have any specific dates for doe harvest. Only says Antler Restrictions.

Just want to be sure!

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 08:12 PM

Hill County the OA doesn’t have any specific dates for doe harvest. Only says Antler Restrictions.

Just want to be sure!

Hill Country is a 'region'. If you'll post the County or Counties you are interested in...we can look them up for you and let you know.

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 08:16 PM

Hill is the county right beside Bosque county.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 08:48 PM

Then you can shoot your county allotment for the season. You can shoot 5 does if you want.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/06/21 11:36 PM

I don't think you can in Hill county. Shoot 5 doe. I'll check real fast. Hill county shows 5 deer no more than 2 bucks. It's clear as mud. In Erath we have tons more deer than Hill county. We can only shoot 2 doe. Something is rotten in Denmark. Better call and ask a game warden.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/07/21 12:00 AM

Just looked. Seems pretty clear to me. 5 total deer. Two can be bucks. 5 does if you want.

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/07/21 12:11 AM

Thanks, I just rather follow the rules and make sure I completely understand what Im reading.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/08/21 03:56 AM

Your not to bright are you?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/08/21 04:25 AM

"too"
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/08/21 04:42 AM

Way I read it for Hill County is 5 deer total no more than two can be bucks but all can legally be does. The bucks have to be legal per AR’s. If you read the individual tags there should be two that say antlerless only and 3 that say buck or antlerless because there are a few counties hat allow 3 bucks.

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/08/21 02:58 PM

Hill is the county right beside Bosque county.

Ahhh....I too quickly read "County" as 'Country'. (Was raised in the Hill Country) so I guess my old tired brain defaulted to that. My mistake.

As far as I know... what @redchevy has posted would be correct.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Hunting Restrictions Question - 12/09/21 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
"too"

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum