Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville??

Posted By: Shawtyger80

Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/04/21 04:00 PM

I know the 1st rut is over, I’m thinking the 2nd one may have started.
Posted By: MarVet

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/04/21 05:13 PM

Been working in Alaska for the last 6 weeks
Heading up to San Jacinto County for my first hunt of the year
Not expecting much movement at 71 degrees... but enjoying the warmth!
You do any good the first part of the season around Woodville..?
Posted By: Dove Murderer

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/05/21 02:16 AM

Lots of deer out in Chester this AM while I drove through the lease collecting my Pioneer.

Will be in the blind first thing in the AM. Seems like the moon is right this weekend.
Posted By: Shawtyger80

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/05/21 09:19 PM

I missed the 1st 2 weeks cause I was working and had vacay TGing week. Hunted Monday and Tues after TGing saw nothing. Hunted this Friday Sat and today. Saw a doe and 2 yearlings on Friday, same yesterday. This morning at 8, saw a 8 pt but rack wasn’t 13”.
Posted By: Long Pine

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/13/21 05:24 PM

I’m hunting about 30 miles northeast of you. Closer to Sam Rayburn lake, but west of Highway 63. It’s been a slow season all year, archery season included. Hunted this past weekend and saw one doe on Sunday morning.
My trail cams on feeders are only getting pictures of hogs at nighttime, no deer. Trail cams on game trails show a few deer, but mainly at night. They just aren’t moving much during the day.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/13/21 06:19 PM

If your work schedule permits, this is the time of the year when it's best to hunt them during the middle of the week in East Texas. They've received a good education by now as to what all that noise and racket means to their safety.
Posted By: Tkshunting

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/13/21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Long Pine
I’m hunting about 30 miles northeast of you. Closer to Sam Rayburn lake, but west of Highway 63. It’s been a slow season all year, archery season included. Hunted this past weekend and saw one doe on Sunday morning.
My trail cams on feeders are only getting pictures of hogs at nighttime, no deer. Trail cams on game trails show a few deer, but mainly at night. They just aren’t moving much during the day.

Same story here I hunt in Buna.
Posted By: Tkshunting

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/13/21 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
If your work schedule permits, this is the time of the year when it's best to hunt them during the middle of the week in East Texas. They've received a good education by now as to what all that noise and racket means to their safety.

I’m hoping to do exactly that this week.
Posted By: Safety1st

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/15/21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dove Murderer
Lots of deer out in Chester this AM while I drove through the lease collecting my Pioneer.

Will be in the blind first thing in the AM. Seems like the moon is right this weekend.

I hunt in Chester too!
Posted By: Dove Murderer

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/15/21 07:10 PM

Whereabouts?

I hunt the larger Carter Pasture.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/15/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dove Murderer

Full moon this Saturday (Dec. 18th). A lot of folks would recommend sleeping in and hunting the middle hours of the day.
Posted By: Safety1st

Re: Anybody seeing any movement around Woodville?? - 12/16/21 07:18 PM

HSPA
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum