Texas Hunting Forum

Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties

Posted By: 1833Ranch

Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 05:52 PM

Any Young county or Throckmorton county hunters get buzzed by planes yesterday? I have heard from a few folks that got buzzed in their blinds around 8:15am yesterday morning by three bush planes. Apparently these guys were bussing cows and landing on private property.
Posted By: decook

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 06:21 PM

No, I haven't hunted there. But....
welcome to the THF
Posted By: Old Smuggler

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 06:54 PM

We think we had a helicopter hog hunt going on next door to us in SW Haskell county. No less then a couple hundred shots starting at daybreak. Helicopter buzzed us several times.
Posted By: Fishstory

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 07:42 PM

Yea, we had all three planes fly right over us Sunday morning, one was low enough to hit with a shotgun. Deer didnt seem to mind but it was frustrating nonetheless.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Fishstory
Yea, we had all three planes fly right over us Sunday morning, one was low enough to hit with a shotgun. Deer didnt seem to mind but it was frustrating nonetheless.

Anti hunters?
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 08:55 PM

No planes over us in western young county. Might be time for some buckshot & extended magazines!
Posted By: Browney

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 08:57 PM

didnt notice it out at our place this weekend but have had crop dusters come over in years past during hunts.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 09:25 PM

Crop dusting?
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/08/21 09:26 PM

Man, that kind of stinks. I am down south in Brown County, and we are in the MOA so we see lots of military planes practicing. The year before last 4 helicopters started practicing low level over our area one afternoon during the rut. I was in the stand and had one helicopter hover about 1500' up and maybe 1/4 mile to my west, while the others passed by repeatedly for 30 minutes or so. Can't say for certain it ruined my hunt, but everyone in the area I spoke with said the same, nothing moved while or after those helicopters were in the area. The silver lining - it was cool to have a private airshow!

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 12:33 AM

Definitely weren't crop dusting, one of the planes circled real low over our neighbors cattle pasture a few times. Honestly don't know what they were up to, but they seemed to be flying the river mostly so I just wrote it off as inconsiderate joy-riders. Certainly hope there was nothing more nefarious going on.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 02:02 AM

I’m pretty sure I know that crowd. They like to fly the river, land on the bed and play around. If it were them, I assure they were not trying bother you on purpose, but the timing was bad nonetheless.
Posted By: Bowhunter 64

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 02:27 AM

We are north of Graham didn’t here them our way.
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 02:43 AM

Didn't see or notice anything north of Albany. But we've had hogcopters, pipeline planes and lots of Dyess practice flyovers on any given day out there.

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 02:42 PM

I spoke with a buddy who has a lease along river outside of Newcastle. He said he heard the planes and believes it is the group of Bush Pilots who land on the river. They sometimes camp down there as well after landing on the sandbars. He has met some of them in the past and thinks they are a group of pilots out of Graham. So, if the areas where you saw them are along or near the river, that might have been them circling and playing as they made approached to the river.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 02:56 PM

I know all of these guys and can assure you they aren't anti-hunters, not a great idea of them to be flying so low over blinds and feeders on opening weekend though. They do this weekly though, spend a lot of time flying the river and landing on the sandbars as previously mentioned.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8
I know all of these guys and can assure you they aren't anti-hunters, not a great idea of them to be flying so low over blinds and feeders on opening weekend though. They do this weekly though, spend a lot of time flying the river and landing on the sandbars as previously mentioned.

pretending to be in Alaska?
Posted By: wingmaster23

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 04:36 PM

Yep, Three planes taking off and landing near the river around Elbert,Texas. Had a helicopter fly low friday evening while taking pictures. figured that might have been the game warden.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by colt45

Getting tail numbers and video turned in to FFA and TXGW is what it sounds like.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 05:28 PM

Did they sort of look like WWII mini Spitfire airplanes? There is an aircraft factory in Olney, they manufacture a crop duster called the Air Tractor.

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 05:47 PM

This definitely makes the most sense, also explains mysterious tire tracks ive seen in the river bed in the past.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Getting tail numbers and video turned in to FFA and TXGW is what it sounds like.

I hope the Future Farmers of America don't come down too hard on them!

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/09/21 11:28 PM

Now that there is funny...

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/10/21 12:06 AM

Lol, that was funny well played!! Make those kids mad and see what happens grin
Posted By: 1833Ranch

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/11/21 08:43 PM

They have every right to fly the river and land on the river. If you run in to them, we just ask that they dont land on private property. They landed on my place and my neighbors across the river.

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/11/21 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1833Ranch

They have every right to fly the river and land on the river. If you run in to them, we just ask that they dont land on private property. They landed on my place and my neighbors across the river.

If they did, turn tail numbers into FAA and TPWD GW’s.
Posted By: batman

Re: Planes buzzing wildlife and cattle Young and Throckmorton counties - 11/12/21 12:04 AM

We have private access to the Brazos river in Parker county and the Game Warden cautioned us about driving in the river bed (illegal). He was seeing ATV/UTV tracks, I wonder if all motorized vehicles are prohibited??
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum