Texas Hunting Forum

Having a ‘kill’ drink

Posted By: 603Country

Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/07/21 10:39 PM

It’s a family tradition to have a little whiskey to celebrate getting a buck. And, so I am following that tradition with a bit of Irish whiskey. I hope you guys had success also.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/07/21 10:43 PM

Enjoy it sir
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/07/21 11:37 PM

up
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 12:04 AM

Does a doe count? rifle
Posted By: passthru

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 12:20 AM

They all count.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 12:54 AM

cheers
Posted By: Judd

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 03:15 AM

Congrats guys…we did ours last nite…except it was whatever you wanted. I am getting real close from finishing the last of the Tito’s from last season…bad thing is there is a topo Chico shortage so I’m rationing wink
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 01:56 PM

worthless
Posted By: freerange

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 02:11 PM

More more more(story.)
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
worthless

x2 confused2
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 05:53 PM

Where the heck are the pictures???
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 06:11 PM

We calls them victory snorts
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 08:33 PM

Speaking for my buck and drink, the buck was that grizzled old spike I’ve been after for a couple of years. I hope he’s not too tough to eat. I hesitated to shoot him because I didn’t want to deal with him, but being very early in the rut I thought it would be good to get him out of the gene pool. Every year I’d see him early, decide to shoot him some later day, and would never see him again. I did not take pictures of him. He smelled to high Heaven, but the meat didn’t smell bad.

I have the meat in ice and salt to get rid of the gamey taste. It works on hogs. I sure hope it works on this deer or I’ll catch it from the wife. If so, it goes to the starving college kid.
Posted By: tech

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longhunter
Does a doe count? rifle

Hell yea a doe counts....
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Having a ‘kill’ drink - 11/08/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Speaking for my buck and drink, the buck was that grizzled old spike I’ve been after for a couple of years. I hope he’s not too tough to eat. I hesitated to shoot him because I didn’t want to deal with him, but being very early in the rut I thought it would be good to get him out of the gene pool. Every year I’d see him early, decide to shoot him some later day, and would never see him again. I did not take pictures of him. He smelled to high Heaven, but the meat didn’t smell bad.

I have the meat in ice and salt to get rid of the gamey taste. It works on hogs. I sure hope it works on this deer or I’ll catch it from the wife. If so, it goes to the starving college kid.

Oof, killed one like that a couple years ago, he was rank, good luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum