Texas Hunting Forum

Live updates

Posted By: mow

Live updates - 11/06/21 02:26 PM

Any luck for the first 2 hours of gun season..lol
Anybody up to live reports from the blind??
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 02:29 PM

Athens.

1. Missed a coyote. Real tough angle.
2. Saw a big hog. Was moving fast
3. Saw a yearling doe.

Just nice to be out.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 02:32 PM

Was in the blind at 6:30 little cool and real foggy. The feeder went off at 7:15 going to change that and could just see to small does. The fog just burned of completely and no action.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 02:32 PM

Just smoked a big doe here. Saw a big 8 and a very promising 14 but giving all bucks a pass this year.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 02:33 PM

Yesterday, I had at least a dozen does in rifle range. I figured I'd pop a couple does this morning and hunt horns the rest of the year. So far I've seen 2 small 8's, a 6, and a spike.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Yesterday, I had at least a dozen does in rifle range. I figured I'd pop a couple does this morning and hunt horns the rest of the year. So far I've seen 2 small 8's, a 6, and a spike.

Sounds like the does got the memo
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 03:13 PM

6 crow and a granddaddy longleg.... that's why I'm checking the forum...
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 03:23 PM

Wait a minute. Add two doe to that grandaddy longleg right as I hit post reply
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 03:39 PM

4 doe this morning
Posted By: FayetteCo

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 03:43 PM

Nada. Zip. Nothing.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 04:26 PM

Full rut at my place. 10 locked down with a doe, 9 point chasing another all around me (saw 3 times in 2 hours), several other bucks on the move. Only thing at feeders has been yearling bucks and young does.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 04:33 PM

Had a WIDE 8 that we have been seeing (18 to 18 1/12") pretty young, maybe 3,5, Some young'uns fighting around, when they left had 7 doe and 3 little ones, Really slow opening morning,
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 05:11 PM

No movement. Got out at 9:45 and at 10:12 my camera sends me pictures of small bucks. Cameras had deer feeding all night and last image was at 4:41am. Should be a better afternoon. Heard a shot early and a 4 wheeler so my big 8 might be heading to processor or already there.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 05:32 PM

Didn't see anything but 8 Turkeys that came to my feeder while I was looking at pics on my cell of two bucks at my other stand. One looked to be a shooter, will be setting in a different stand this afternoon.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 06:57 PM

I hunted with the neighbor kid and a friend hunted with my grandson.
The neighbor kid got a spike, missed the first shot, the second shot he hit him in the head.
We shot our guns last week and their good, shot it after we got back to camp it’s good.
This kid has killed deer before, excited I guess?
Very big deer and he didn’t waste any meat.

Attached picture D06B387D-9598-4C77-9F21-BFD589547FBB.jpeg
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 07:14 PM

up
Originally Posted by Texas452
I hunted with the neighbor kid and a friend hunted with my grandson.
The neighbor kid got a spike, missed the first shot, the second shot he hit him in the head.
We shot our guns last week and their good, shot it after we got back to camp it’s good.
This kid has killed deer before, excited I guess?
Very big deer and he didn’t waste any meat.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 08:16 PM

Saw 12-13 deer.. oldest shot a doe while my youngest (4yo) tagged along for his first hunt.
Also saw one of our shooter bucks at the processor.. congratulated the neighbor on his kill but a tough pill to swallow.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 08:20 PM

My daughter and I rattled up a small 2.5 yr 8 pt in Parker Cnty. Had a blast watching him come in from 500 yds across a coastal field.
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stevarino
Saw 12-13 deer.. oldest shot a doe while my youngest (4yo) tagged along for his first hunt.
Also saw one of our shooter bucks at the processor.. congratulated the neighbor on his kill but a tough pill to swallow.

Just found out the big 8 I have been watching and waiting for was taken by my neighbor as well. What hurts the most was I heard him shoot and just knew it was him! Don’t have any other shooters coming in yet. Hopefully this changes.

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 09:15 PM

Thanks guys..first time in I don't know when haven't been on a lease..hunting the Brazos ..just setting..no feeders..gonna try rattlin in the morning
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 09:35 PM

My landowner wanted more money this year for our quail lease so I leased deer hunting to 3 hunters to offset costs. One of the guys (THF member) popped this one this morning early. Got a bigger on cam that I hope one of them gets before he gets all busted up. Dickens county.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 09:39 PM

That’s a beautiful dark buck
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by mow
Thanks guys..first time in I don't know when haven't been on a lease..hunting the Brazos ..just setting..no feeders..gonna try rattlin in the morning

Are you floating the brazos? Hunting public waterway?
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 10:47 PM

That’s a nice buck.
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 10:56 PM

6 doe and 3 bucks
130 down is her first deer
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 11:04 PM

Good one
Posted By: JCB

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 11:31 PM

Culled a big ole 7 point that terrorized my feeders for 2 years. Dropped in his tracks. Huge body for our area.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Master Plumb

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 11:37 PM

Got 2 Doe this morning had about 10 at feeder. No Rutting activity yet getting close next 2 weeks should be fun in Haskell County.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 11:54 PM

Sitting here watching a 15 pointer, an 8 pointer and two does munching on corn. The two guys don't seem too interested in the gals. Hoping my target buck shows up.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Live updates - 11/06/21 11:55 PM

I just looked outside the house, 14 deer grazing wheat. 3 bucks from a 140”+ down to probably two 120” deer and 11 doe, they all will get a pass this year as usual.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Sounds like the does got the memo

They sure did! Next weekend it will be me and the boy. He's been absolutely deadly the last few years. We've only got a few weeks to get our does, so we'll be targeting does. If recent history repeats, we'll tag our does and hint bucks the rest of the year.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 12:56 PM

Got her with a crossbow on public land yesterday evening. Now to find the buck that made the rub in the background. Have 2 good 8 points on camera in this area

Attached picture 20211106_180135.jpg
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 01:20 PM

Live update, missed hunting this morning. Waiting for Auto Parts house to open, looks like alternator on my old 97 Tahoe hunting buggy went. Light flashing, 14 volts to 12 which look like alternator to me.

Was pissed at first but it’s life, things break. Not like I’ve never got to hunt before. Fuel pump went out on 4wheeler went out again, have a new one in the box. Just changed it two weeks back. Better fix the 4 wheeler too. If I hustle can get both fixed and hunt this afternoon.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 01:24 PM

Had to move the last of my things for South Texas to my new place. That took all day yesterday to drive down and back. Got home at dark last night to a low tire on my trailer, Unpacked the trailer last night after dark. This morning I have to take off the low tire and put the spare on. Then take my trailer back down to my place in Gillespie County. I will be in the blind this afternoon...only guiding though.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 01:31 PM

2 yo spike camped out under feeder here in SW Young County, looking for his big brother.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 03:51 PM

Small buck chased out a doe at 20 yards. Had a hawk try and catch a squirrel right beside me. Scared the crap out of me!
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 11:17 PM

white horned 2yo 5pt just got in feeder pen, kind of windy

Re: Live updates - 11/07/21 11:41 PM

Young 8 going wild for the ladies. [Linked Image]

Re: Live updates - 11/08/21 12:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Live updates - 11/08/21 12:04 AM

I saw 17 deer, and 15 hogs this evening, the bucks were definitely looking for a snort of tail.

Re: Live updates - 11/08/21 04:00 PM

Had a big fat Sow come in late so I dropped her. [Linked Image]

Re: Live updates - 11/09/21 03:26 AM

Big nasty boar this afternoon. [Linked Image]

Re: Live updates - 11/09/21 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by RedSnake
Originally Posted by mow

Are you floating the brazos? Hunting public waterway?

Hunting in the riverbed..this time of year lots of dry spots inside the riverbed..hunting behind brush
One interesting thing I did..a hunter that was hunting the same area..was with his 9 year old daughter ..she shot a cull small spike..and couldn't find it..well I happened to have my drone in my truck..walked the 1/2 mile back to the truck..left my rifle in the truck..flew my drone in the area she shot her deer..and lo and behold found him
in the water..on the other side
.dead as a doornail..water was only 2 feet deep..so I help father drag him back to the other side...score one for drone recivery
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Live updates - 11/09/21 09:58 PM

In the blind by 6:30 and expected to see 7 or 8 doe and hopeful of a nice buck. Was not to be, stayed in the blind until 10:00. Later camera showed deer at 10:30. Afternoon a 4 pointer and a nervous doe only. Sunday morning 2 bucks in pen around 6:30, still dark could not see very well. Eventually took a 8 pointer. One of the other hunters took an 8 Saturday and both deer were much heavier than deer of the past. Maybe those rains we got in the spring really made a difference.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum