Texas Hunting Forum

Watch where you step

Posted By: Davis300

Watch where you step - 11/06/21 02:31 AM

Watch those steps this weekend Gents, killed 2 rattlers this evening after corning roads. Laying out catching a little sun as we walked back towards the truck in Baird. Be safe & good luck this weekend!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Watch where you step - 11/06/21 01:07 PM

👍👍
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Watch where you step - 11/06/21 11:31 PM

You must have a shortage of hogs.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Watch where you step - 11/07/21 12:01 AM

worthless

Re: Watch where you step - 11/07/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
You must have a shortage of hogs.

Unfortunately no shortage there, 78 down year to date so far.

Re: Watch where you step - 11/07/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
worthless

Only snagged 1 pic, other rattle bug was still squirming so we left him for the ‘yotes/coons.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Watch where you step - 11/07/21 02:57 AM

up
Posted By: FishNDive

Re: Watch where you step - 11/11/21 03:13 PM

Took a nice buck opening weekend in the fog while it was 30 degrees out.

By that afternoon it had warmed up to 65 and we started seeing these guys on the road.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Watch where you step - 11/11/21 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by FishNDive
Took a nice buck opening weekend in the fog while it was 30 degrees out.

By that afternoon it had warmed up to 65 and we started seeing these guys on the road.

[Linked Image]

When I find them like that, I aim a tire at them and slam on the brakes about when they are under the tire.
Posted By: Undercoverdog

Re: Watch where you step - 11/13/21 12:00 PM

I killed 11 of them one Thanksgiving day on the road like that, Between Jal N.M. and Andrews TX.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Watch where you step - 11/14/21 11:48 PM

Had no idea that anyone could have both snakes and hogs. I was covered up with snakes u til hogs moved in about 10 to 15 years ago. Now, seeing a snake of any kind is very rare. I don’t molest them unless it’s a real water moccasin. Those things I don’t take a chance on.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Watch where you step - 11/15/21 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Had no idea that anyone could have both snakes and hogs. I was covered up with snakes u til hogs moved in about 10 to 15 years ago. Now, seeing a snake of any kind is very rare. I don’t molest them unless it’s a real water moccasin. Those things I don’t take a chance on.

Same here. We don't hardly see snakes anymore on our place unless it's around camp or other areas the hogs tend not to roam much. When I was a kid, pre-hogs, we saw them all over the place, now it is rare to see a snake. At home, on the other hand, I kill at least a half-dozen copperheads a year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum