Texas Hunting Forum

Buck Fever - Seguin

Posted By: Hudbone

Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 10:07 AM

Back to normal – Buck Fever Wednesday & Thursday October 20-21, 5:30 – 10 PM each night.

Seguin Events Center, 950 S. Austin Street, Seguin, TX

Always one of my favorite outdoor events. I am a former board member of Buck Fever and have been attending this event for twenty plus years. Low key and laid back it has continually proven itself to be extremely enjoyable. There is always plenty to see with the deer contest being the topping on the cake. For this first time, this year’s contest will feature the harvest bounty from two seasons. Those in attendance will see “Bomber Deer” in abundance.

If you’ve been, you know what I am referencing and why it so enjoyable. If not, you just might want to think about getting yourself out there.

www.buckfever.org
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 12:19 PM

👍
Posted By: freerange

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 04:32 PM

I would love to go but someone once told me to never TALK about baseball when you can PLAY baseball. I figure that applies to hunting. I prefer these events in the offseason, buts perhaps the "buckfever" name explains why the timing may be good for many others. Enjoy, take pics and if the shortest lineman to ever play for UT is there, then tell him hello.

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
I would love to go but someone once told me to never TALK about baseball when you can PLAY baseball. I figure that applies to hunting. I prefer these events in the offseason, buts perhaps the "buckfever" name explains why the timing may be good for many others. Enjoy, take pics and if the shortest lineman to ever play for UT is there, then tell him hello.

Pretty sure Walker Texas Rancher will be there one if not both nights.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 06:12 PM

Then tell he and his bride hello. This is the type of event Im known to drive across the State to, just not this time of year.

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 06:15 PM

It's somewhat of a Hidden Gem type of thing
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/18/21 07:31 PM

At the peak of pre-rut action? The timing could not be worse, maybe the next weekend would be worse…

Agree with FR on this one, sounds like fun, but my butt will be firmly planted in a stand or on the ground tracking a downed deer. Archery season calls.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Buck Fever - Seguin - 10/19/21 07:37 PM

Dr. Kroll and I spoke there many years ago, maybe 20??? Great time and a great bunch of folks.
Adios,
Gary
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum