Texas Hunting Forum

Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped

Posted By: Texican

Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 09/01/21 07:43 PM

I have a Moultrie camera and when I put the SD card in the computer, it shows a preview of the pic but the side are cropped off. If I hit crop (edit), it opens up the whole picture and you can see it all. Its a PITA because I can't just scroll through the pics. I have to basically load everyone individually in an edit mode.

Note - this is happening on another Moultrie as well (father in laws). So I think it has to be a camera setting. I bought this camera at a garage sale and just happy it works. But would like to get the pic to load a full preview.

Any idea?

Thanks for any help
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 09/01/21 08:08 PM

Is it cropped or is it a burst. Mine took a bunch of pics of the same thing.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 09/01/21 08:09 PM

Maybe this might help.

I am having the same issue. I have 9 moultrie cams. Last year they worked great. This year they're all having the same problem. My computer opens up pictures with a app/program called "pictures". I went online and found an old windows program called "photo gallery" and downloaded it for free. It has fixed the issue FYI

Here is link to download site. https://windows-photo-gallery.en.lo4d.com/windows

Re: Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 09/02/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Is it cropped or is it a burst. Mine took a bunch of pics of the same thing.

cropped

Re: Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 09/02/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Maybe this might help.

I am having the same issue. I have 9 moultrie cams. Last year they worked great. This year they're all having the same problem. My computer opens up pictures with a app/program called "pictures". I went online and found an old windows program called "photo gallery" and downloaded it for free. It has fixed the issue FYI

Here is link to download site. https://windows-photo-gallery.en.lo4d.com/windows

I'll try this.
Posted By: BrianAthens

Re: Moultrie Camera - Pics small/cropped - 11/13/21 02:40 PM

Mine too. The Windows Photo Viewer on my old laptop with Windows 7 or below works fine. The new Photos for W10 crops them but shows the whole frame in edit mode. The One Photo Viewer seems to be working.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum