Texas Hunting Forum

What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind?

Posted By: Lane Palmer

What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 08/31/21 11:46 PM

What type of chair do you prefer? I know we spend a lot of time sitting down when we're in a ground blind, and I was wondering what some of the favorite chairs are out there. I use an old no-armed office chair for freeness of motion and silence, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a better option out there.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/01/21 01:56 AM

I use a simple 3 legged collapsable stool. Not the utmost in comfort, but they are low to the ground and make zero noise.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/01/21 02:15 AM

Just be careful as the cloth on some of those collapsible stools age they will give way and bust the chit out of your boys!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/01/21 03:45 AM

I use the small office chairs that swivel and they have no arm rests. They give me the flexibility to move up and down or side to side with no noise. I also use a metal folding chair. Just have to make sure the legs are level and do not move. They will make noise if not level.
Posted By: Lane Palmer

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/03/21 12:36 AM

Thanks y'all! Sounds like we are on the same page.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/03/21 01:32 PM

Stools or in the blind I can bow hunt from a Cabela's blind chair with the arm rests that can be moved out of the way. Swivel chair you can level with the adjustable leg length with the left side arm folded down usually.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/03/21 01:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/08/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
[Linked Image]

Spider city! eek2
Posted By: freerange

Re: What Chair Do You Like for Bow Hunting in a Ground Blind? - 09/08/21 02:52 PM

Im just barely getting into bow hunting so no personal experience. However, I have talked and hunted with several fairly experienced bow hunters and they have all said that most office type chairs are too noisy for bow hunting. Once again, thats just what Ive heard and no first hand opinion. Also, these same bow hunting friends of mine always have a very small shooting area and they say that they dont need a chair that moves around since they dont need to move their body or even reposition their body much at all. They just sit like a statue in the same position. Im all for being still and quiet "within reason", but its this mindset that makes me question if I will enjoy bowhunting as much as rifle.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum