Texas Hunting Forum

Deer have COVID

Posted By: dkershen

Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 06:38 PM

I guess we need to practice social distancing from deer now that the USDA has announced that they have COVID? Wonder how long before the liberals use this as an excuse to try and cancel hunting season? confused2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deer-4-states-exposed-coronavirus-012530339.html

"A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture has found that white-tail deer, the kind some people will see in their backyards, are being exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

The study, not yet peer-reviewed, showed that 40% of deer tested across four states in 2021 were positive for antibodies, meaning they had been exposed to the virus at some point. The positive tests do not necessarily indicate deer had active infections."
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 06:42 PM

Already heard this. One of the reasons we ain't getting rid o' this virus.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 06:43 PM

Well apparently masks don’t work and the virus can live in the air for ever or their tests are way messed up….
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 07:24 PM

What's funny is the some of the blood samples that were tested and positive for COVID were collected as far back as the fall of 2019....
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 07:43 PM

So since I ate all the 2020 deer and some of it rare, did I build up antibodies without getting sick? Weird.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 09:37 PM

yawn
Posted By: JCB

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/19/21 09:46 PM

They should start testing the trees. I mean they breath in the air we breath out so you know they got it to. hammer
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Exactly right, it is insane to think you can vaccinate your way out of this virus (or the many mutating variants to follow) since there is an 'Animal Reservoir' for it.

It isn't like Small Pox where there was no Animal Reservoir.

Covid in one form or another is here to stay. Just like the annual version of the '''Flu' it will be here (only year 'round) in some cases.

And masks (for most purposes) are useless. The virus goes right through or around them. You can't hide from a Virus. History has proven this time and time again.

'Herd Immunity' to the various strains (over time) will be our only saving grace IMO.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 01:35 PM

Funny, all the deer didnt die?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Funny, all the deer didnt die?

And they did not wear masks.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Exactly right, it is insane to think you can vaccinate your way out of this virus (or the many mutating variants to follow) since there is an 'Animal Reservoir' for it.

It isn't like Small Pox where there was no Animal Reservoir.

Covid in one form or another is here to stay. Just like the annual version of the '''Flu' it will be here (only year 'round) in some cases.

And masks (for most purposes) are useless. The virus goes right through or around them. You can't hide from a Virus. History has proven this time and time again.

'Herd Immunity' to the various strains (over time) will be our only saving grace IMO.

I concur..... You can't hide from an enemy that is invisible to sight, taste and smell.......therefore it's best to prepare as best you can for when you're attacked......the best defense is your body being as healthy as possible so it can absorb the blow.....learn how to defeat.... and defeat the attacks when they come back around.....
Posted By: kphilli66

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 09:06 PM

Seems like you don't need to worry about sent, if they can't smell you...
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 11:09 PM

😎
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Deer have COVID - 08/20/21 11:44 PM

And what about dogs? There’s actually a vaccine for corona virus in dogs. I had a trainer years ago in Oklahoma that required it before dropping off my dog for 3 months. My vet had to order the vaccine. It was more prevalent in northern states.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum