Texas Hunting Forum

SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease

Posted By: freerange

SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 08:48 PM

Photo disclaimer, the second buck from your right in pic has been photo shopped so it could be included with the other 3. Showing all bucks in the same pic was just a visual way to commemorate our great season where ALL 4 members killed Super Trophy bucks. They range from 160 BC to 181 BC and average almost 170 BC. Low fence, non protein fed and basically our first full season on the property all adds to the accomplishment. The deer history on the Ranch indicates we may likely kill bigger bucks in the future, but Im unsure we will ever have a season with 100% success at this level. I feel very blessed and want to thank all parties involved that helped make it happen.
If interested, theres another thread titled “SUPER TROPHY LEASE…Gauging Interest” from a couple weeks ago that will offer some insight into our unique situation on the property.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:00 PM

Beautiful congrats sir
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:08 PM

Alright FR, how much did you pay to photo shop this one?

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Alright FR, how much did you pay to photo shop this one?

I’m not sure photo shopped is the right word. The one buck wasn’t in the original 3 deer pic and I had it “added”. Actually did have to go to some trouble to insure it was “sized correct” in proportion to the others. The middle two deer ran together so we knew how they matched up to each other.
Does this help?
[Linked Image]

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:26 PM

A whole lot of awesomeness in the photos.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:27 PM

Stud bucks, right there. Congrats to your crew, FR!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:43 PM

Beautiful bucks. Well done. up (The photoshopped guy looks like Will Ferrell put on a couple of pounds and grew a beard. bolt )
Posted By: Stetsonoverton

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/28/21 09:50 PM

unbelievable season, congrats to you all!
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 01:41 AM

All fantastic deer and as you said, it may be hard to duplicate in upcoming years.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 11:30 AM

Fantastic bucks........every one of em!

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
All fantastic deer and as you said, it may be hard to duplicate in upcoming years.

Yeah. FR, since you did so well and now have so much time on your hands, you should give up big deer hunting and find another hobby. Shopping maybe.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 11:57 AM

cheers
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 01:05 PM

Great stuff freerange, just an awesome group of bucks. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 01:08 PM

Nice deer, that will be a hard year to surpass but it will be fun trying up
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 01:37 PM

Congrats to all the hunters cheers

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 03:22 PM

Yeah. FR, since you did so well and now have so much time on your hands, you should give up big deer hunting and find another hobby. Shopping maybe.

Hud, I hope most understand your humor. Now that we actually met the other day, it has made available more ammo for your humor. Which reminds me, was the red bandana the sausage was wrapped in get picked up out of the pasture?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 04:24 PM

I hope not!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 04:59 PM

That’s a season most can only dream of

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by freerange

Hud, I hope most understand your humor. Now that we actually met the other day, it has made available more ammo for your humor. Which reminds me, was the red bandana the sausage was wrapped in get picked up out of the pasture?

eek2 eek2 eek2
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 06:21 PM

Freerange, i gotta say, not being a gay dude or anything, the second guy from the left is one handsome lookin fellow…

Really glad the picture turned out so good. Was some work to get that done up cheers

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 06:21 PM

"...was the red bandana the sausage was wrapped in get picked up out of the pasture?"

You never know. Ask RustBucket. LMAO!
Posted By: twdjr

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/29/21 09:32 PM

Congrats on all the nice bucks!
Posted By: Stompy

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/30/21 12:01 AM

Very nice. Congrats to all the hunters.
Posted By: TXHunter0619

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/30/21 02:53 PM

Incredible take freerange! Those are all monsters. I'd be curious to see if you have any trail cam photos on the additional property you're considering for the super trophy lease thread. $10K is more than I can spend, but I'm sure there's folks out there that would be willing to have a convo if they had a visual of the potential.

Lastly, no protein?! What the heck are ya feeding? Gonna have to buy that brand of feed!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/30/21 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Fantastic bucks........every one of em!

up
Posted By: tlk

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 07/31/21 12:26 PM

First class deer, lease manager and lease! Congrats

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/01/21 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by TXHunter0619
Incredible take freerange! Those are all monsters. I'd be curious to see if you have any trail cam photos on the additional property you're considering for the super trophy lease thread. $10K is more than I can spend, but I'm sure there's folks out there that would be willing to have a convo if they had a visual of the potential.

Lastly, no protein?! What the heck are ya feeding? Gonna have to buy that brand of feed!

0619, we aren’t feeding at all except corn from feeders. Some areas just have great natural forage, along with great genetics, so if they’re left to age then it’s special.

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/01/21 03:53 PM

I hope this coming season is the topped it super season.

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/01/21 11:37 PM

Thanks Hud. Hope y’all have a super season as well. With all the rain this year, it appears there may be a lot of good deer out there.

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/02/21 02:50 AM

Fingers crossed some of those genetics run a little south wink and fingers crossed we can all be as patient and management minded as you when the decision counts. Heckuva a group, looking forward to seeing what comes this season, if only just one or two as good those four!

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/02/21 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Thanks Hud. Hope y’all have a super season as well. With all the rain this year, it appears there may be a lot of good deer out there.

I am going with Hud this week to pick out a pontoon boat for him to turn into his new top drive for his place this year.

eek2

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/02/21 02:07 PM

fawn recruitment could be amazing this year.

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/02/21 03:40 PM

fawn recruitment could be amazing this year.

Absolutely Hud.
Lots of cover and groceries for em!
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/02/21 05:30 PM

Those are all incredible deer. Bucks of a lifetime for most Texas whitetail hunters.
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/05/21 02:35 AM

Great deer
Congrats

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/10/21 02:45 AM

FR dying for some details on these, how did the hunts go down? Had ya watched these bucks for a while? Killed near feeders or find em around the lease? Any habits you noticed?

Re: SUPER SEASON- 100% success on 4 man lease - 08/10/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TXHunter0619
FR dying for some details on these, how did the hunts go down? Had ya watched these bucks for a while? Killed near feeders or find em around the lease? Any habits you noticed?

0619, a couple of these bucks had a thread about the hunt for them. Im not good at posting links but I tried to post one below that was an extremely long post from Oct 2020 about the 181 I got with my xbow.
All 4 of the bucks had been seen on camera and 3 of them were pretty regular early on. I got mine real early before he changed patterns. Two others disappeared for a good while from cameras, feeders and all visual. Finally the guys just kept at it and they came back in to the feeders and they were ready and got them. The 4th one was somewhat of a roamer and he came into our 80 acre wheat field in middle of place(its great and planted by owner) and he got him. For what its worth, my buck was the first Ive ever killed at a feeder. Thats partially due to putting out a lot of road corn, doing a lot of spot and stalk and just doing a lot of hunting without ever needing to kill anything.
https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/8025978/1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum