Texas Hunting Forum

CWD

Posted By: soooo

CWD - 06/22/21 01:06 PM

https://texasfarmbureau.org/coalition-urges-state-officials-to-strengthen-cwd-prevention-efforts/

Link to Farm Bureau article.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: CWD - 06/22/21 01:10 PM

"Their concerns come in the wake of confirmed CWD cases in two captive deer-breeding facilities that were traced back to an outbreak in a Uvalde County deer-breeding facility."

Yep, had heard of this and know somes mighty concerned with it.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: CWD - 06/23/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
"Their concerns come in the wake of confirmed CWD cases in two captive deer-breeding facilities that were traced back to an outbreak in a Uvalde County deer-breeding facility."

I can’t wait for them to HF the NM, Oklahoma and Arkansas borders. Better hurry CWD walks across every day.
Posted By: soooo

Re: CWD - 06/25/21 05:15 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/re..._medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: CWD - 06/25/21 09:02 PM

six facilities lead to 264 sites - yikes
Posted By: bcuda

Re: CWD - 06/30/21 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I can’t wait for them to HF the NM, Oklahoma and Arkansas borders. Better hurry CWD walks across every day.

Arkansas is loaded with CWD so Texas is the one that needs to do the HF.
Posted By: bcuda

Re: CWD - 06/30/21 11:56 AM

I have land in Missouri about 1 1/2 miles from the Arkansas border.

About 3 years ago there was a new case of CWD close to my land.
The Missouri Department of conservation made it mandatory if you harvested a deer to have it checked at one of their locations set
up for it. They would cut out the two lymph node glands under the neck of the deer and send them off to test them. After a few weeks
you can then go on their web site and check your results. They have also been culling the deer in the area and having them tested and
sending the results out by mail to the land owners. This past year I noticed there was quite a drop in the deer numbers I saw while hunting.
This year will probably be worse yet, I received a letter from them stating that they had culled 61 deer with in about 3 miles in each
direction of my land. What really pisses me off is that out of the 61 tested for CWD not a single one came back positive. Hope it does not
get like that here in Texas, that will ruin the big money with all the deer hunting.

Re: CWD - 07/08/21 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by bcuda

Arkansas is loaded with CWD so Texas is the one that needs to do the HF.

NM is loaded, CO is loaded, KS is loaded, so at the very least Oklahoma panhandle has it. All free range and walking across
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: CWD - 07/08/21 01:29 PM

Prepare yourself for the incoming messages from all of the self appointed Prion scientists on the THF.
Posted By: therancher

Re: CWD - 07/12/21 06:11 PM

They couldn’t even keep it from getting to norway and korea. And there are “concerned citizens” who want them to stop the spread here? 😂

Nah, this is nothing more than an effort by the low fence ranches to destroy the breeding industry.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: CWD - 07/12/21 06:17 PM

There are 5.5 million whitetail in Texas. Glad they got the facts straight before printing an article about how CWD is a big issue that needs more restrictions.

CWD started in free ranging elk and mule deer herds. It wasn’t something created in a scientific breeder pen.

This was and continues to be a witch hunt

Re: CWD - 07/12/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by therancher
They couldn’t even keep it from getting to norway and korea. And there are “concerned citizens” who want them to stop the spread here? 😂

Nah, this is nothing more than an effort by the low fence ranches to destroy the breeding industry.

Damnnnnn Ginnnnaaa!

Long time!! Hope all is well!!
Posted By: therancher

Re: CWD - 07/16/21 03:19 AM

Damnnnnn Ginnnnaaa!

Happier’n a pig in mud. You?

Re: CWD - 07/16/21 06:47 PM

Damnnnnn Ginnnnaaa!

Happier’n a pig in mud. You?

With all the skeeters from rain this year. Mud is a welcome relief
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: CWD - 07/16/21 08:10 PM

The last place I hunted in Alabama was Skyline WMA. To get to my spot, I have to drive about 1/4 mile into Tennessee and back down again into Alabama. Both Alabama and Tennessee have laws in place about bringing unprocessed deer across state lines. So if I did get a deer, it would either be break the law, or take a 4WD dirt road 30 miles to Stevenson, AL. I just fish now.
Posted By: TheHeadTurkey

Re: CWD - 07/17/21 12:54 AM

CWD was first detected in a captive mule deer herd, not wild. With the amount of high fenced captive-bred deer, and the amount of baiting that goes on in Texas, there is sadly a good chance CWD is going to spread into the state. It's proven that high fenced captive-bred deer, and baiting both spread disease to native deer herds. I hope there is something we can do to prevent the spread of it.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum