Texas Hunting Forum

first fawn

Posted By: fishbait

first fawn - 05/15/21 02:28 PM

I just got a picture of my first fawn ..three weeks old...inside my pen!!!
Posted By: snake oil

Re: first fawn - 05/15/21 03:51 PM

up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: first fawn - 05/15/21 04:30 PM

Well... show us?

Re: first fawn - 05/15/21 04:37 PM

The fawn jumped into the pen and jumped out of the pen....I'll try to send a pic...no promises.lol

Re: first fawn - 05/15/21 04:43 PM

fawn [Linked Image]

Re: first fawn - 05/15/21 04:44 PM

Hay!! I did it..lol
Posted By: Pootie

Re: first fawn - 05/16/21 12:28 AM

I've seen tracks, but no actual sightings yet.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: first fawn - 05/16/21 04:17 AM

Had a spotted fawn come in with a doe this evening. It split off from momma and bedded up about 30yds behind my stand while momma dined on the food plot.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: first fawn - 05/16/21 04:44 AM

up
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: first fawn - 06/05/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by fishbait
fawn [Linked Image]

last years deer?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: first fawn - 06/05/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by colt45
Originally Posted by fishbait
fawn [Linked Image]

last years deer?

Far lower right corner - itty bitty guy.

Cool trash can feeders! up
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: first fawn - 06/05/21 08:34 PM

That doe looks young.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: first fawn - 06/06/21 03:57 PM

That fawn looks less than 2 weeks old and my WAG is that it went thru the panel spacings and not over it. Had it happen before and watched it happen live once in person.

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 11:47 AM

If ya look real close you will see a wire fence with 3 inch squares...the fawn could not go through anywhere...he had to jump in and jump out. I had to add this wire due to little pigs going through the large squares.

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 12:26 PM

I agree with you as I still don't believe it can happen but I haven't found where the fawn got through. So ..until I find it I have to think it jumped in. Maybe I didn't close the gate tight enough is a possibility but I usually wire the gate close to the bottom and the top. My fence keeps out small pigs smaller than the fawn. I have other pics with small fawns jumping into the pen but this is much younger than the others..that's why I was surprised. Until we prove it one way or the other it makes good conversation. lol The size of the fawn is young but there is a small hill the fawn is standing at the bottom of which makes it looks smaller. For sure it is young and I do think it is close to three weeks old. I still question this as I didn't think the mussels were developed enough for this jump...but you can jump a young fawn as this one and watch them run away.lol
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 12:51 PM

Could the fawn have been born in the pen? They are born in my neighbor's front yard every year. They stay there until they can jump out.

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 08:48 PM

Yes ....could have been born in the pen as two years ago I did have one born in this pen on April 28 is when I saw him. However ....this guy did get out the same day...lol Still almost unbelievable. Every year I have counted fawns in this very pen and young but I don't think they were this young.

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 09:07 PM

You might be wondering what the rope is for tied onto the leg of the feeder...well ..would ya believe this is to tie up the big bucks so I don't have a long shot .lol Yes the more I look at this pic the younger the fawn gets. By the way I have another Pic with the fawn outside of the pen at 4:31 PM. The first pic was 08:57 am..lol
Posted By: Texas452

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 09:13 PM

Saw my first fawn in Leon co Saturday.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: first fawn - 06/07/21 10:14 PM

Nice
Posted By: clarke11

Re: first fawn - 06/08/21 07:47 AM

That looks cool
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum