Texas Hunting Forum

IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching

Posted By: Whammer7

IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/28/21 02:00 PM

Look at the head on that thing!

https://www.shawlocal.com/northwest...d-10000-for-allegedly-illegal-deer-kill/
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/28/21 02:05 PM

Did you notice in the article where it said he had been sited "3" other times for poaching. Sounds like he was just given a slap
on the wrist the first 3 times. What are they going to do if he does not pay the fine? He was using a crossbow 40 minutes after
legal hunting ended for the day. I wonder how they could prove that unless they had witnesses.

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/28/21 02:17 PM

I don't know. It does seem like I've read articles where the game wardens have a big bust up there where they have been investigating for a year and a half, involved a ton of resources and at the end of the day, the perp gets fined $750 and loses the ability to purchase a hunting license for 3 years. The punishment doesn't come close to the cost of the investigation and the court time
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/28/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Whammer7
I don't know. It does seem like I've read articles where the game wardens have a big bust up there where they have been investigating for a year and a half, involved a ton of resources and at the end of the day, the perp gets fined $750 and loses the ability to purchase a hunting license for 3 years. The punishment doesn't come close to the cost of the investigation and the court time

As a poacher, I doubt if the license requirement will be an issue he is concerned with.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/28/21 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Did you notice in the article where it said he had been sited "3" other times for poaching.

Poaching often runs in families that have a legacy of it.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/31/21 04:26 PM

"hunter fined $10,000 for allegedly illegal deer kill"... just a question, would he not have to have been found guilty to be fined and if found guilty wouldn't it no longer be alleged?

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/31/21 06:34 PM

Two scenarios are possible

1) The article is poorly phrased or written

2) The state of Illinois is so broke that it is proactively fining people before they are found guilty
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/31/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Did you notice in the article where it said he had been sited "3" other times for poaching.

It’s a “way of life”. Poaching deer, cooking meth, and arson for anyone that calls the law on em. It’s an SSS issue if you ask me.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: IL "hunter" fined $10,000 for poaching - 01/31/21 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

Unfortunately it’s like all other criminals
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum