Texas Hunting Forum

Axis

Posted By: londontexas

Axis - 01/25/21 05:48 PM

I have axis 1/2 mile from my property on the edge of the hill country ( I’m on a steep hill). Have water... feed year round. Plenty of white tail, turkey, etc... but the axis won’t come. Suggestions? Thanks
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Axis - 01/25/21 05:50 PM

Move grin Put out some fresh baled alfalfa hay in several locations. Pray for a wind that will carry the scent of the hay towards them.
Posted By: savoyspecial1

Re: Axis - 01/25/21 06:11 PM

put out some chaffhaye and some sweet horse and mule feed. I have a similar situation and every time I put this out within 3 days axis are on my property. They love horse and mule feed. I buy a bag called somthin' sweet
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Axis - 01/25/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Move grin Put out some fresh baled alfalfa hay in several locations. Pray for a wind that will carry the scent of the hay towards them.

I didn’t know they liked hay
Posted By: Ramblin’

Re: Axis - 01/25/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by savoyspecial1
put out some chaffhaye and some sweet horse and mule feed. I have a similar situation and every time I put this out within 3 days axis are on my property. They love horse and mule feed. I buy a bag called somthin' sweet

+1
Posted By: londontexas

Re: Axis - 01/25/21 11:37 PM

Thanks... the white tail hit the alfalfa.... will try something sweeter and put it at the property line
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum