Texas Hunting Forum

DEER & WEATHER

Posted By: DLALLDER

DEER & WEATHER - 01/10/21 08:20 PM

Question for the guru's, Do you think deer know in ADVANCE of bad weather and feed more aggressively prior to the arrival of it? I am not talking about during the bad, cold, weather.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: DEER & WEATHER - 01/10/21 08:24 PM

I'm no Guru, but I believe animals and fish do respond to changing atmospheric conditions.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: DEER & WEATHER - 01/10/21 08:38 PM

I have read about such things with pressure changes, but i cant say that i have seen the phenomenon with deer.

I do tend to see more bucks with high pressure but as with so many things it is possible i am
Just subjecting myself to a confirmation bias and haven’t really “seen” and more deer than normal but just “think” i see more.

Most fo the time, weather moves slowly enough to allow deer to follow their typical morning/evening patterns rather than rising and falling barometric pressures. I do think deer will be more active after a system rolls thru and the weather calms down, but again i haven’t actually tracked that so i cant say for certain that actually occurs.

One thing i have noticed on my cameras is this year i have seen a lot more action at the feeders during peak solunar time frames, meaning those full moon and new moon periods. That doesn’t mean i don’t hunt other times, as i cant be so choosey, but i do see more activity on camera during those “peak days”.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: DEER & WEATHER - 01/10/21 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I'm no Guru, but I believe animals and fish do respond to changing atmospheric conditions.

I agree
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum