Texas Hunting Forum

Chasing this morning in Young County

Posted By: steve_twice

Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/18/20 05:34 PM

Had a really nice buck chasing a doe this morning about 700 yards away in the middle of a wheatfield. Just when it looked like they might turn my direction the landowner's kid pulled through a gate 1/4 mile in the other direction and cranked his cattle siren to 11. Can't be mad—they've got work to get done and had no idea I was hunting this morning—but talk about timing ...
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/18/20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by steve_twice
Had a really nice buck chasing a doe this morning about 700 yards away in the middle of a wheatfield. Just when it looked like they might turn my direction the landowner's kid pulled through a gate 1/4 mile in the other direction and cranked his cattle siren to 11. Can't be mad—they've got work to get done and had no idea I was hunting this morning—but talk about timing ...

Stick around, you never know what direction they'll run next. Good luck!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/18/20 08:22 PM

That is why I let my LO and the guy who leases the grass know what days and every time I will be in the stand. Better luck next time. Saw some chasing this AM too even with 25 mph winds in Throckmorton Cty.
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/18/20 10:37 PM

I’ll be out next Wednesday hopefully with some luck get something on the ground
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 12:04 AM

Saw the biggest buck I've seen in 12 years hunting Young county this morning. Technically it was during non hunting hours around 5:30 am this morning off 380 between Bryson and Graham, close to Grisham Ranch. He looked to be 10 or more points and the horns went way beyond the ears and way taller than ears maybe by 1.5'
A real beast that had to be 160"+.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 12:56 AM

A little south of you in Stephens county......saw 5 bucks this afternoon and several does. No chasing. Corn was getting all the attention.
Posted By: Propane guy

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Saw the biggest buck I've seen in 12 years hunting Young county this morning. Technically it was during non hunting hours around 5:30 am this morning off 380 between Bryson and Graham, close to Grisham Ranch. He looked to be 10 or more points and the horns went way beyond the ears and way taller than ears maybe by 1.5'

If you go 1/2 mile south east on the big power lines you will hit my stand, that sounds like a buck I've seen cruising the power lines. He is a solid 160" 10 point about 20" wide and pretty heavy, he will be a stud in a year or two.

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Propane guy

If you go 1/2 mile south east on the big power lines you will hit my stand, that sounds like a buck I've seen cruising the power lines. He is a solid 160" 10 point about 20" wide and pretty heavy, he will be a stud in a year or two.

That's awesome, it was right on the Jack/Young county line; he didn't appear more than a 5yo or so in the quick passing by look I got. 20" or more spread sounds right and the height of his horns is really what struck me, very tall and high. Almost look mule deer like tall.
Posted By: steve_twice

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 03:38 AM

We must have followed each other out, DQ. I left my house in Flower Mound at 4:05 and hit our gate on 3109 at 6:15.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/19/20 01:28 PM

👍👍

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/20/20 11:46 PM

Anyone have any luck this weekend?
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/22/20 09:23 PM

I saw a bunch of deer across the fence. My buddy had 9 at the feeder he was hunting but didn't pull the trigger

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/23/20 03:10 PM

Pretty slow morning today... haven’t seen a thing

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/24/20 02:15 PM

A wise man once said “there’s no deer in Young Co...” lol. Deer were not moving yesterday so once again hog patrol!

Re: Chasing this morning in Young County - 12/24/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by fonzie
A wise man once said “there’s no deer in Young Co...” lol. Deer were not moving yesterday so once again hog patrol!

Some nice sustained cooler temps next week may be what the doctor ordered....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum