Texas Hunting Forum

Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year....

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 03:20 PM

My wife killed a nice 8 point Buck. Not huge, but a big old fat mature buck. It crashed through a cedar tree, literally, and she couldn't see it from the stand on the point of the cliff where she was hunting. She waited about 30 minutes like a pro, and I came over to help find it. Once I got there and she stepped out of the blind, I was asking where it was, what did you hit, and where did it go. As she pointed from beside the blind, she said, well there it is. It had taken a major limb from the cedar bush with it, flipped over the bush which was about 7 feet tall, and was partially behind it, but had a branch between its legs for camo.
[Linked Image]

Upon getting down the cliff to it, we noticed it was still in velvet. In fact, the antler tips were like hard rubber. One was even bleeding. So I knew something was up. But it was a big fat deer.

[Linked Image]

After getting it to camp,a crazy pickup ride to the bottom of the that canyon and back, and a couple text messages to our great friend/local game warden; we determined it did not have external testicles. It did have little peanuts for testicles under the skin, a penis, and..... a vagina. Technically it's a Hermorphrodite, having both sets of genitalia.

After researching and talking to the biologist, we were told this is a one in 100,000 chance...perfect fitting end to the 2020 year...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 03:37 PM

Yep, that’s about right for 2020... Congrats to your wife up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 03:39 PM

cheers Congrats to your wife.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 03:56 PM

Congrats to your wife!
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 04:00 PM

Wow thats crazy
Posted By: Big8

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 05:07 PM

Very cool! cheers
Posted By: SNKETR

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 05:12 PM

I'm not even kidding when I tell you this and I wish I had posted about it now. I just shot a Hermaphrodite deer on the 6th of December.

I was looking to take a doe. See a solid one come in, bigger than the 2yr old buck at the feeder. 6.5CM dropped it in it's tracks. When I get up to it, I'm extremely please with it's body size. I go to grab it's legs to drag it onto the tailgate and there's a penis. Now I'm trying to figure out what's going on. There no broken skin on it's head, no nubs, no antlers. So I just call it as it is. I get it on the tailgate, and when I get to cutting out it's anus.... there's two holes. The deer has a vagina and a penis, but no testicles. The urinary tract did not end up connecting to the male genitalia, and it wasn't fully developed. It was closer to just being skin. I left everything in tact, field dressed it and brought it to the processor. Everyone there had never seen anything like it. They did say that they've seen one deer like yours before, a doe with antlers.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 05:31 PM

Stags are best eating, don’t rut so meat stays steer like. Nice and marbled.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 05:53 PM

Awesome man! Congrats to the better half!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 06:51 PM

Wow, that's cool.
Posted By: BbarVRanch

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 07:14 PM

Cool!

I killed a natural stag about 35 years ago. It was smaller though, but very good eating.

Had pea sized testicles inside. No vagina. 5 point in velvet if I remember right.

My grandfather was with me, and sain mine was only the second he'd seen like that. He had killed on as a young man.

Your wife sure has a story now! grin
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Wife's 2020 Deer, It matches the year.... - 12/17/20 08:01 PM

Wow

Great trophy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum