Texas Hunting Forum

For what it is worth

Posted By: tlk

For what it is worth - 12/13/20 11:33 PM

I just thought it appropriate to say this - I am on some other hunting/fishing forums. I appreciate THF for what it is - most all members and post are respectful of other hunters. (I stay out of the Off Topic thread!)

Most times we agree and if not we agree to disagree but it does not get into name calling and belittling others like these others do. Of course there are exceptions as there will be on any public forum but this place is so far beyond what these others forums are and I, for one, appreciate it.

Too much nastiness in the whole social media realm much less the hunting realm. I come here to talk hunting and share ideas and successes and failures that we all have. Thanks to the admins for what they do. Much appreciated
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: For what it is worth - 12/13/20 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
I just thought it appropriate to say this - I am on some other hunting/fishing forums. I appreciate THF for what it is - most all members and post are respectful of other hunters. (I stay out of the Off Topic thread!)

Most times we agree and if not we agree to disagree but it does not get into name calling and belittling others like these others do. Of course there are exceptions as there will be on any public forum but this place is so far beyond what these others forums are and I, for one, appreciate it.

Too much nastiness in the whole social media realm much less the hunting realm. I come here to talk hunting and share ideas and successes and failures that we all have. Thanks to the admins for what they do. Much appreciated

I couldn’t agree more, respectful disagreements are great but all out insults should ever be tolerated imo.
Posted By: freerange

Re: For what it is worth - 12/13/20 11:43 PM

This is my first and only use of any social media or forum so I dont have anything to compare it to. I have heard horror stories about what people say to others on facebook though. It seems to me that there is quiet a bit of harshness towards others on this forum but I believe you if you say its better than others. I have noticed that the MODs jump in at some point when it gets outa hand and Ive seen some in ban camp, so thats good.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: For what it is worth - 12/13/20 11:45 PM

up I frequented a mostly international/African hunting forum several years ago a lot, and they're similar to this place, mostly civil. You can learn a lot from how other hunters go about it in other countries. But this place is a very nice hang-out and full of well-meaning folks. There were more lunatics on here when I first got on. Adios Paya! roflmao rofl

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
This is my first and only use of any social media or forum so I dont have anything to compare it to. I have heard horror stories about what people say to others on facebook though. It seems to me that there is quiet a bit of harshness towards others on this forum but I believe you if you say its better than others. I have noticed that the MODs jump in at some point when it gets outa hand and Ive seen some in ban camp, so thats good.

Facebook and Twitter are sad commentaries on our society - lots of FU's and the like - so I choose not to go there.

I was on the other hunting forums and they are turning into FB and Twitter clones - what amazes me is that those hunting forums should not be political - they were created to discuss our the great outdoors and hunting but they ultimately turn political, angry, and nasty.

I am too old to sit around and be a keyboard cowboy and degrade someone who does not agree with my opinion. I admit that I have gotten fired up a few times when some clueless person called me a liar but I am trying to disregard those types of people - at any rate THF is about as good as it gets IMO. Sorry for my rant
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by tlk

I feel the same way
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 11:34 AM

What is this "Facebook" and Twitter" you reference?

Life can be good, if you only allow it to be.
Posted By: B_Man

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 12:21 PM

I think it is a great forum- I always learn some new things from others that have more experience in certain areas.
I believe most people respond with opinions to help others with positive intent.
It is better we all support each other so the anti-hunters don't divide us.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

I don't have a Facebook account, I don't have a twitter account......so what am I missing in life?
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 02:23 PM

I don't have a Facebook account, I don't have a twitter account......so what am I missing in life? [/quote]

I don’t either so we may be in the minority here,
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 02:30 PM

There are a few name callers here, I can't compare them to any other social media outlets since this is the only one I get on. I like to share hunting knowledge with those who might be able to use it.
Posted By: freerange

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

I don't have a Facebook account, I don't have a twitter account......so what am I missing in life?

I don’t either so we may be in the minority here,[/quote]

Maybe the minority but WE aren’t alone.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.

Absolutely nothing
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: For what it is worth - 12/14/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.

Nothing. Nothing at all. Seriously. tlk, I appreciate your thoughtful post and I have to agree. cheers

Re: For what it is worth - 12/15/20 12:18 AM

yeah I am not on facebook or twitter - took a few views of each to realize it is not for me - truthfully it is sad - lots of nasty back and forth that ultimately results in nothing good or positive -
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: For what it is worth - 12/15/20 01:25 AM

Yep, never did twitter and quit FB a looooong time ago. Kinda like it here too! cheers
Posted By: Texas452

Re: For what it is worth - 12/16/20 08:02 PM

I do not know and am not about to find out LOL
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum