Texas Hunting Forum

Mid-season Harvest Poll

Posted By: Texas Dan

Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 02:01 PM

How many deer have you taken and how many have you seen so far this season?
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 03:09 PM

Between MLD and taking the Grand baby on her first hunts with my son we have no more freezer space. I let a few nice ones walk already but after Christmas I will go get a nice one, if he doesn't swim into Mexico.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 08:02 PM

I missed most of archery season due to having surgery on my left thumb that prevented me from pulling the string back. I have had a few buck in range, but none of them made AR's. We still have an abundance of acorns and the deer are just not starting to come into the feeders. I have removed 3 hogs so far so that is a plus. My hunting buddy is off for the rest of the year starting tomorrow, so we are going to spend lots of time in the woods between now and the first of the year.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 08:13 PM

I was able to shoot two does within a minute of each other, don't stand around and look at your dead friend when I got the green light on shooting two doe.
Posted By: don k

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 09:24 PM

I personally have not shot anything. I have hunters get so far this season. 2- 10's. 3-8's. 1 spike. 1 spike Axis. 2 WT Does. 3 BB Does. 1 Mouflon.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 09:34 PM

I was lucky enough to stumble onto a legal mule deer buck, so I shot him, but haven't yet had the right opportunity on a whitetail, and haven't wanted to shoot any doe while they're still being chased by the bucks.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/10/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by don k
I personally have not shot anything. I have hunters get so far this season. 2- 10's. 3-8's. 1 spike. 1 spike Axis. 2 WT Does. 3 BB Does. 1 Mouflon.

Dang good season
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/11/20 03:03 AM

I’ve shot my 5 deer limit before Thanksgiving. Hunted 6 days during bow season and 9 during rifle season. So 30 sits total. Average 10-20 deer seen a sit so yeah. Most of them are probably the same deer morning and evening but I know I’ve had 18 out at a single time.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/11/20 03:36 AM

My youngest killed a small buck opening weekend We rattled up a giant 9 last weekend. The deer stood there all day, oldest Boy was shaking and sweating after he missed. Younger brother told him to just throw the gun up and shoot, Quit all that aiming B.S. youngest kept on and got his arse whipped at camp that night.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/11/20 12:34 PM

I’ve shot many this season.......with the camera......
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Mid-season Harvest Poll - 12/11/20 02:08 PM

I shoot less deer now that my kids and wife hunt but I'm still averaging 4-6 a season between regular and MLD tags
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum