Texas Hunting Forum

Kuby's in Dallas

Posted By: Black02z28

Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 07:34 PM

Just a heads up that they are not taking anymore deer for processing starting today for the next 10 days. They are at capacity. Just wanted to pass that along for the Dallas area folks that use them as they are pretty popular for processing.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 09:13 PM

Good info. Wife wanted me to get some jerky from there. Guess I'll wait a couple weeks to try to kill a doe.

Thanks for the heads up!!

JR
Posted By: JCB

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 09:14 PM

WOW!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 09:29 PM

I dropped some meat off with them a couple of weeks ago. It is my first time using them, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Got 40 pounds of jalapeño cheese sausage being made.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 09:57 PM

Never understood turning down any business. I would never go back if they turned me away
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by jskin
Never understood turning down any business. I would never go back if they turned me away

Sounds like they are at capacity.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:30 PM

I dropped off one of the last deer this morning. Their freezers are completely full. Said my meat won’t be ready until mid January.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by jskin

Well, if they don’t have the freezer space I guess you’d be okay with them leaving your meat outside right? I mean, at least they didn’t turn you away. rolleyes

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:48 PM

Got the text this morning that they were full. I haven’t hinted this year yet and finally get 24 hours to slip away and planned on piling up the does. Guess it will be a good weekend to just sit and watch
Posted By: Old Smuggler

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:52 PM

I can't imagine the # of deer is so much greater then in the past. Wonder if they are having personel issues and just don't have the manpower they had in the past due to Covid?
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Got the text this morning that they were full. I haven’t hinted this year yet and finally get 24 hours to slip away and planned on piling up the does. Guess it will be a good weekend to just sit and watch

There are other places to take them confused2

Originally Posted by Old Smuggler
I can't imagine the # of deer is so much greater then in the past. Wonder if they are having personel issues and just don't have the manpower they had in the past due to Covid?

I went to Rendon Meats on Sunday and their freezer and the box trailer they have were both full. I have never seen them that full, so it seems that there was an exceptional number of animals killed last weekend. I can see them reaching capacity but not taking until mid January. I would guess that is a personnel problem for sure.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 11:03 PM

Workplace cleanliness requirements, social distancing, fewer employees, and maybe more people out hunting.
Posted By: TrackQuack

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 11:16 PM

glad i dropped off 2 deer a week ago
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 11:29 PM

Take carcasses home, debone them and freeze the meat. Take to Kubys when they can make it happen.

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by txshntr
[quote=BigPig]Got the text this morning that they were full. I haven’t hinted this year yet and finally get 24 hours to slip away and planned on piling up the does. Guess it will be a good weekend to just sit and watch

There are other places to take them confused2

Nobody asked you whip roflmao . Yes there are other places, but over the years I have been disappointed in most other places, Kuby’s has yet to disappoint me.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/02/20 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Take carcasses home, debone them and freeze the meat. Take to Kubys when they can make it happen.

Don't believe they take de-boned meat.

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisB

Don’t know about deboned. You can however quarter it, freeze it, and take it when they have availability
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 01:45 AM

I dropped off 4 Addax, 2 oryx, and three axis last month all deboned and they didn’t seem to mind.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Erny
I dropped some meat off with them a couple of weeks ago. It is my first time using them, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Got 40 pounds of jalapeño cheese sausage being made.

Good to know
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 03:33 AM

I've dropped off deboned elk and whitetail multiple times and they've always taken the meat with no questions at all.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 03:36 AM

I’ve used them. Pretty sure your meat gets mixed all up with others and their prices are pretty steep.
Posted By: mr. buck

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 04:21 AM

Lets not punish processors for honesty. Kuby's is amazing and I took all my deer there while living in Dallas. Saw a stat that new youth hunting licenses up 97% in MN this year and guessing TX seeing increased numbers as well. Capitalism is a good thing, these guys will catch up to the increased numbers, but it isn't going to happen overnight. In the interim, check the processors near your hunting grounds, never heard of them getting full.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 04:59 AM

Rather be turned away due to capacity than have my deer in a pile on the floor. confused2
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/03/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037
I’ve used them. Pretty sure your meat gets mixed all up with others and their prices are pretty steep.

barf

I’ve seen how well some hunters field dress and care for their meat post-kill. I’ll process everything i shoot at home.

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85

barf

I’ve seen how well some hunters field dress and care for their meat post-kill. I’ll process everything i shoot at home.

I'm very OCD w/my game I kill. I take mine to a small Czech 1 man processor. His place is absolutely spotless, he's very nice, very knowledgeable (I believe he's 6-7th gen. butcher from Czech.), very reasonably priced & you get your meat back. He's pretty dang old & IDK what I'll do when he quits. He has adult children & g-children but I guess they're not interested in the trade as I've never seen anyone there other than himself. He did 4 deer for me in < 1.5 weeks & it was under $250 for all kinds of specialty makes.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 03:50 AM

Heard they’ve done 16K deer this year. Year round deal with high fences and exotics but that’s a lot of animals
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 04:43 AM

barf

I'm very OCD w/my game I kill. I take mine to a small Czech 1 man processor. His place is absolutely spotless, he's very nice, very knowledgeable (I believe he's 6-7th gen. butcher from Czech.), very reasonably priced & you get your meat back. He's pretty dang old & IDK what I'll do when he quits. He has adult children & g-children but I guess they're not interested in the trade as I've never seen anyone there other than himself. He did 4 deer for me in < 1.5 weeks & it was under $250 for all kinds of specialty makes.

If he did 4 deer for you for under $250 especially with specialty meats, he will be going out of business soon.

It can get expensive to produce and is very time consuming, very.

For many years I have dreamed about opening up my own little business doing just that, and then some. Even mobile cleaning & processing.

I used to have a second job as an owner/operator of a tire & wheel business and I learned this......

Most people want CHEAP and NOW. Most folks are not willing to pay for a quality product.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 10:12 AM

Between the casings, the spices, pork and the handle of Crown Royal, pretty sure it costs me $250 to process four deer with my buds.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 12:00 PM

Used kuby’s before and had no problems; but last year I thought their casing was very tough. Tried several batches and all were hard to chew. Maybe just a bad batch.

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

barf

If he did 4 deer for you for under $250 especially with specialty meats, he will be going out of business soon.

It can get expensive to produce and is very time consuming, very.

For many years I have dreamed about opening up my own little business doing just that, and then some. Even mobile cleaning & processing.

I used to have a second job as an owner/operator of a tire & wheel business and I learned this......

Most people want CHEAP and NOW. Most folks are not willing to pay for a quality product.

Lol. He’s been in the same spot since the 70’s. He’s not going anywhere until he decides he’s done. His facility is on his property (appears to be a couple hundred acres) and it appears he does this when he’s not farming. Maybe he’s so cheap because he has nothing but time?

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 04:35 PM

I will add, these were 4 hill country doe and the biggest couldn’t have been more than 110lbs on the hoof.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/04/20 06:24 PM

Gotcha.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/06/20 06:59 AM

Stopped by several processors last week and all were full. Kuby's was not yet and that was our last option. Pretty sure folks are killing anything legal from what it looked like to get meat.

They said they are super backed up on cows now they don't have time for deer.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/06/20 12:36 PM

THIS^^^^^^^^Or just quarter them and freeze
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/06/20 02:52 PM

Talked to two other processors and they said they've taken in more this year than ever before.
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: Kuby's in Dallas - 12/06/20 10:50 PM

I wish I had seen this thread before I left the lease for Kuby's this morning! As I pulled in about 2:30 I thought to myself, "Wow! I hit it just right, there's no queue to unload". THEN, I saw the note posted on the loading dock about No drop-offs until Dec 12th! SWMBO loves to eat the stuff, but playing butcher is definitely not on her bucket list!

texas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum