Texas Hunting Forum

I am ready to head out to the ranch!

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 07:49 PM

Its Thursday, my last day to work this week. Waiting on 4:00pm to leave and start packing up and head out to the ranch for opening weekend of deer season.
Who else is anxious?
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 08:06 PM

I'm just ready to be not working. 2020 has been a brutal year for me. I'm off tomorrow and Monday and every other Friday and Monday through Thanksgiving weekend.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 08:13 PM

I'll be heading that way after work and hunting through the 16th.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 08:17 PM

I can't leave before Friday after work, however I am feeling a cold coming on for Monday and Tuesday. So ready to go!
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 08:21 PM

Heading out 9am tomorrow morning....probably have a nice ribeye at Lowake's Friday night with a night cap by the fire back at camp.
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 09:04 PM

I took tomorrow afternoon off, so I'll be headed out to the rancho after lunch. I can already feel it. It's that time of year that we all live for. Quail season........ just kidding.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 09:18 PM

Im jealous. I've been doing my general hunting in the Sam Houston the last 3-4 years so opening weekend is off limits for me. I'll try and sneak out at least once later on in the week though.

I do miss that first night at a lease though.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 09:29 PM

Everyone please take it easy and drive safe. 'Seen a lot of accidents on IH10 headed west, the Friday before rifle season. So many guys are just so amped up. loco_too
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 09:31 PM

My 26 year old is chomping at the bit to get in the stand. I'll ease on out after he gets one on the ground. I have to wait until December for my trip.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 10:02 PM

Leaving within minutes of getting off work Friday. Hoping to beat the rush west. Back Sunday evening to work Monday & Tuesday then right back out for 5 days.
Posted By: PMK

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 10:28 PM

still trying to make the decision on whether to go to my Fairfield lease or my place sw of Ozona. I am leaning towards Ozona since I need to fill feeders and do game counts anyway. I will try to decide this evening and only work part of the morning tomorrow based on which location I go. But yeah, I am pretty anxious to get the season started (although the Fairfield place is MLD3 and I got to hunt opening weekend there).
Posted By: Gemlin

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 10:42 PM

I'll go after I get off work on Friday. No sense going out any earlier unless I have a bow in my hand. (Already bow hunted and got one.)

Have a nice leisurely drive out, not exceed speed limit. (Cops seem to really be out with the radar guns on opening weekend), and get a good night sleep.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gemlin
I'll go after I get off work on Friday. No sense going out any earlier unless I have a bow in my hand. (Already bow hunted and got one.)

Have a nice leisurely drive out, not exceed speed limit. (Cops seem to really be out with the radar guns on opening weekend), and get a good night sleep.

This gentleman gets the "old bull - young bull" scenario. laugh
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: I am ready to head out to the ranch! - 11/05/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Luke
I took tomorrow afternoon off, so I'll be headed out to the rancho after lunch. I can already feel it. It's that time of year that we all live for. Quail season........ just kidding.

I did the same, and then some jackwagon scheduled a 1pm conference call! If I skip that, I'll be on the road about 1.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum