Texas Hunting Forum

World class LF buck

Posted By: tlk

World class LF buck - 10/23/20 10:46 PM

We took this awesome buck on our low fence lease this past weekend. Watched him for several years and this year he pops up with a 19 inch double beam. The deer officially scored 197 inches with both brows broken off. The bottom picture shows him in velvet where his brows were around 13-14 inches. So had he not broken the brows he would have grossed 210 inches. He field dressed 195 lbs so on the hoof would be around 230 lbs. The member who took him hunted hard for 3-4 days before he got on him.

His teeth showed 6.5 years old but we think he was older than that based off of pictures, body size, etc. We get lab test on teeth so we will know better after the season - my guess is he was 7 or 8 but at this point who cares?

This is the fourth 200 inch plus deer taken along with many 180-190 plus deer - lots and lots of effort and patience involved along with awesome land owners who we work closely with to get these deer to reach their potential. That coupled with lease members who are willing to pass on deer that are not yet mature equals this kind of buck.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 10:56 PM

Absolutely beautiful
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:01 PM

Congrats to the hunter! cheers
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:07 PM

Wowza!! Fantastic deer!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:26 PM

Wow!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:35 PM

That extra main beam out of the side of the head is pretty damn wild. Great deer.
Posted By: kry226

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:44 PM

eeks333

salute
Posted By: Stub

Re: World class LF buck - 10/23/20 11:49 PM

Geezuz thats a Dandy cheers
Posted By: Judd

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 12:24 AM

He's a damn nice deer without the brow tines and would’ve been amazing with them. Congrats!
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 12:33 AM

Awesome. Forrest
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 12:42 AM

Incredible. Congrats cheers
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 01:30 AM

What a monster eeks333
Congrats to the lucky hunter cheers
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 01:33 AM

Congratulations on a great buck.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 12:24 PM

Dandy
Posted By: twdjr

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 01:44 PM

Really Nice!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 02:19 PM

Really amazed at that third antler coming out of the side of his skull!!!! Once in a lifetime buck for sure.
Posted By: dee

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 03:02 PM

Bruiser!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 05:15 PM

cheers
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 05:27 PM

Heck of a buck up
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 09:14 PM

cheers

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 10:02 PM

Here are some better pictures of this deer

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 270Sendero

Re: World class LF buck - 10/24/20 10:06 PM

Awesome buck. Lucky he only broke the brow tines and not that third beam.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: World class LF buck - 10/25/20 01:28 AM

Awesome trophy! He was a scarred up old warrior!
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: World class LF buck - 10/25/20 02:26 AM

Wow! Crazy ‘spare’ beam!
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: World class LF buck - 10/25/20 04:25 AM

Wow
Posted By: dkershen

Re: World class LF buck - 10/25/20 03:48 PM

STUD!
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: World class LF buck - 10/25/20 04:17 PM

Fantastic buck!
Congratulations! 😊👍
What county?

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 12:00 AM

thanks guys - we are blessed
Posted By: mbavo

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 01:02 AM

What a monster!
Congratulations to the hunter!
Posted By: Earl

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 01:04 AM

That sir is a beautiful, buck of a lifetime. More than that even. 99% of us will never see anything like that, ever. Just amazing. Earl
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Congrats to the hunter! cheers

X2
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 02:23 PM

Complete STUD tlk!

Just curious, how bad did he break up in years past as he certainly appears to be a deer that does not shy away from contact! Breaking brows off already and the scars he wears says he probably was a deer that didn't take any crap from other mature bucks near him! lol

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 03:16 PM

he did not have the third beam before this year - you are correct he was a fighter based on all the scars he had - just strange he broke his brows since it is way early for bucks to be sparing
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
STUD!

flehan
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 03:54 PM

Congrats! That is an awesome buck!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 04:05 PM

Damn! lot of deer running around the state only have beams the size of his gimpy extra one lol

Congrats! And thanks for sharing

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
he did not have the third beam before this year - you are correct he was a fighter based on all the scars he had - just strange he broke his brows since it is way early for bucks to be sparing

Yes sir
Very strange but it happens.
Had a mid 180s slick 10 break a 5-6" brow off one year coming out of velvet. He was still a hell of a slick 10 at 181 but would have been even prettier with the other nice brow tine.

Had another deer one year that had forks every year on his 2s and 3s. That deer was a big old sissy and never even chipped a tine and the year he was put on the shooter list he broke off nearly 20" of the 195"+ he had. eek2
Posted By: freerange

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 11:45 PM

tlk, congratulations to you and all your guys for putting together and keeping together such an amazing lease. I know how hard it is to do what you have done. Compliment the buck for growing such an amazing rack and compliment the hunter for doing his part but it takes a complete all in approach to managing the habitat, the deer and the people to produce bucks like yall do year in and year out. So pat all parties on the back for me.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: World class LF buck - 10/26/20 11:59 PM

Congratulations on a great buck! I don’t get too fired up for deer hunting but that one would get my heart pumping for sure.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: World class LF buck - 10/27/20 12:03 AM

Wow that third beam is awesome. Congrats

Re: World class LF buck - 10/27/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
tlk, congratulations to you and all your guys for putting together and keeping together such an amazing lease. I know how hard it is to do what you have done. Compliment the buck for growing such an amazing rack and compliment the hunter for doing his part but it takes a complete all in approach to managing the habitat, the deer and the people to produce bucks like yall do year in and year out. So pat all parties on the back for me.

Thanks Bud - hesitant to post on any forum but everyone here has been first class - I just believe if you cannot share with others then it may not be worth all the effort. Last thing I intend to do is brag or show off - I do not need to do that. I just enjoy showing others that it can be done if you have a plan and stick to that plan - does not matter if it is Hill Country or South Texas - improve what you have to the best of your ability and pass it on.

I bought a ranch years ago - spent hours upon hours and years upon years improving it - when I got it to where it was done I realized I lost interest - it is all about the journey and not the end result IMO -
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: World class LF buck - 10/27/20 06:33 PM

Absolute stud. Wow.

Re: World class LF buck - 10/27/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by freerange

Thanks Bud - hesitant to post on any forum but everyone here has been first class - I just believe if you cannot share with others then it may not be worth all the effort. Last thing I intend to do is brag or show off - I do not need to do that. I just enjoy showing others that it can be done if you have a plan and stick to that plan - does not matter if it is Hill Country or South Texas - improve what you have to the best of your ability and pass it on.

I bought a ranch years ago - spent hours upon hours and years upon years improving it - when I got it to where it was done I realized I lost interest - it is all about the journey and not the end result IMO -

So very true!

Again, great deer and thanks for sharing it
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: World class LF buck - 10/28/20 04:05 PM

eek2
That’s an amazing buck!! Congrats to the hunter and damn fine job managing the herd!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum