Texas Hunting Forum

Great Menard County Buck

Posted By: gary roberson

Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 02:20 PM

Got a call yesterday morning from a friend who hunts a ranch south of Menard that I oversee. He had shot a buck with a crossbow and after a description of how the buck reacted I knew he was hit too far back. Steve and I waited 30 minutes and then we drove down to look the situation over before I called Cody Weir to bring in his dogs. Dogs were not needed as we found the buck about 100 yards away.
I did not score the buck but feel he will score approximately 160 gross B&C which is a monster for a low fenced, no aggressive feed program buck in Menard County. The buck is basically an 8 point with extra trash, I am guessing 5 1/2" bases and carried the mass all the way out and again guessing 24" main beams. I have photos of the buck but as a courtesy to the hunter, I will not post without his permission.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 04:19 PM

worthless
Posted By: JCB

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 04:23 PM

160” main frame 8 is a giant!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 05:21 PM

160" is a big deer for Menard.
I hope you get permission for a picture
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 07:35 PM

up
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/04/20 08:55 PM

worthless
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/05/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by gary roberson
Got a call yesterday morning from a friend who hunts a ranch south of Menard that I oversee. He had shot a buck with a crossbow and after a description of how the buck reacted I knew he was hit too far back. Steve and I waited 30 minutes and then we drove down to look the situation over before I called Cody Weir to bring in his dogs. Dogs were not needed as we found the buck about 100 yards away.
I did not score the buck but feel he will score approximately 160 gross B&C which is a monster for a low fenced, no aggressive feed program buck in Menard County. The buck is basically an 8 point with extra trash, I am guessing 5 1/2" bases and carried the mass all the way out and again guessing 24" main beams. I have photos of the buck but as a courtesy to the hunter, I will not post without his permission.
Adios,
Gary

Great deer indeed.....for ANYWHERE!
Get his permission to post a pic! If not, blurr the hunter out of the pic so you can post it.

I love that country and around menard and eden and would love to find a 1500-2000 acre place that I could lease for my family and my cousin's.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/09/20 09:06 PM

[Linked Image]
I posted this in photos but here it is with the original post.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Big8

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/09/20 10:57 PM

Great deer! cheers
Posted By: Woj

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/11/20 12:37 PM

He looked good in velvet too this summer. He also added about 10" in tine length, 6-8" in mass, and the extra kickers from last year. I've had countless opportunities to take him with my bow for a couple years now. Congrats to Kurt, he's a hell of a buck.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/11/20 01:26 PM

cheers
Posted By: WesTexHunter75

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/14/20 03:19 AM

Thats a great low fence deer for that area. I dont see how he gets to 160" but maybe I'm off somewhere? Not saying hes not. Have his measurements?
Posted By: sw53

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/15/20 02:23 PM

That's an awesome buck anywhere! P.S.,I"m hunting North of Menard this year and I will be in to see you Gary!Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/15/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by WesTexHunter75
Thats a great low fence deer for that area. I dont see how he gets to 160" but maybe I'm off somewhere? Not saying hes not. Have his measurements?

More pics and info in this thread: https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7998779/1
Posted By: bigolebutt

Re: Great Menard County Buck - 10/16/20 11:33 AM

Tend to agree here, very nice buck nonetheless
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum