Texas Hunting Forum

Now what do I do?

Posted By: Jmjames1921

Now what do I do? - 10/03/20 05:22 PM

Okay...went to check card last night on a good spot and camera was not on. Hunted it this morning and battery in feeder was dead. I replaced the battery in that spot and checked the camera at the closest spot to the one I was in this morning...and deer were there but there is no bow accommodations. So I put up some camo netting around some t posts just now!🤷🏻‍♂️ Should I hunt the place I was at this morning not knowing how long the battery has been dead over the last 2 weeks or try the feeder that has been working w deer at it...but a brand new....as of 10 minutes ago....camo netting in front of a mesquite type of blind 40 yds away from feeder? Help for this evening hunt!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Now what do I do? - 10/03/20 05:41 PM

Hunt the old location where the battery was dead this evening and if nothing shows then go the new setup in the morning. Letting them get used to the new blind at least a night or two will help.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Now what do I do? - 10/03/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Hunt the old location where the battery was dead this evening and if nothing shows then go the new setup in the morning. Letting them get used to the new blind at least a night or two will help.
Posted By: Jmjames1921

Re: Now what do I do? - 10/03/20 06:02 PM

Anyone disagree??? Thought I was so prepared!!!
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Now what do I do? - 10/03/20 06:39 PM

I would hunt the old location. I would bump the feeder leaving as little of my scent as possible and hunt. I often have filled a feeder first time for the new season and find pictures of game that showed up the next day or even minutes after I left.
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Now what do I do? - 10/04/20 02:13 AM

Throw some corn out and hunt the old location. I've had the same experience as Sniper John.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum