Texas Hunting Forum

How many deer

Posted By: Koenig

How many deer - 09/29/20 02:02 AM

Will fit in this ?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-3-5-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF35W2/206174617
Posted By: 7mag

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 02:51 AM

Posted By: Sneaky

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 03:14 AM

1 Canadian. 1.5-2 Midwesterns. 3 East Coasts. 4 Floridas. 2 Panhandles or South Texans. 3 anywhere between those. 12 Arizonans.
Posted By: Exiled

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
1 Canadian. 1.5-2 Midwesterns. 3 East Coasts. 4 Floridas. 2 Panhandles or South Texans. 3 anywhere between those. 12 Arizonans.

LOL! Maybe not 12 but definitely a few of them Coues deer! smile
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 04:18 PM

I have two chest freezers; they're not as big as you think. Also, if you fill it to the brim, you either better like digging or better like what's sitting on top. You need some available space for access/organization.
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 06:20 PM

I have I think a 7.5 Ft one willing to get rid off for the rock low bottom price of $0. Bought a larger one and just have this one just sitting around. PM if you're interested.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 07:54 PM

Depends on how you package them.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: How many deer - 09/29/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

Even then not as many as you would think. Get something bigger or consider an upright.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: How many deer - 09/30/20 01:12 PM

Fellas, what am I missing here? 3.5 cubic feet is not much space at all.
2'W X 2'L X 1' deep is 4 cubic feet.
I don't see how you could fit one deer in a 3.5 cubic foot space unless it is all just ground meat and very, very neatly and uniformly packaged or vacuum sealed.

I have one that is about 5' long and 30" deep and another that is slightly bigger and I'm guessing they are around 20-22 cubic feet and it does not take long to fill them up once you process a few of deer and make sausage and what not.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: How many deer - 09/30/20 02:47 PM

I have a 7 cubic foot chest freezer. I put three pronghorn (Two does, one buck) and one whitetail buck in it last year, and it was completely full. All meat was deboned. I would guess the OP could put two whitetail in the referenced freezer if it was deboned.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How many deer - 09/30/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

Even then not as many as you would think. Get something bigger or consider an upright.

Meant to add it depends on how big they are too. You might get 55 lbs off of the average buck and 35 lbs off a doe as long as the shot is good.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: How many deer - 09/30/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
I don't see how you could fit one deer in a 3.5 cubic foot space unless it is all just ground meat and very, very neatly and uniformly packaged or vacuum sealed.

I have one that is about 5' long and 30" deep and another that is slightly bigger and I'm guessing they are around 20-22 cubic feet and it does not take long to fill them up once you process a few of deer and make sausage and what not.

You measurements are for a area of 4 foot, not cubic feet. A 3.5 cubic foot freezer is 3.5' deep x 3.5' long x 3 5' wide.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: How many deer - 09/30/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by notamtchance

You measurements are for a area of 4 foot, not cubic feet. A 3.5 cubic foot freezer is 3.5' deep x 3.5' long x 3 5' wide.

Not quite. Formula is:

length(feet) × width(feet) × height(feet) = cubic feet(cf³)

Your example would be 42.875 cubic feet.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: How many deer - 10/01/20 06:42 PM

I'm glad you are thinking about getting back in the game. Call or PM when you are ready to do a little freezer fillin
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: How many deer - 10/01/20 06:48 PM

That is a small freezer. You could put 1 deer in there...Maybe two if it is extremely well packaged and organized.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: How many deer - 10/01/20 07:39 PM

2x2 = 4
4x1 = 4 CU FT

3.5 X 3.5 = 12.25
12.25 x 3.5 = 42.875 CU FT
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: How many deer - 10/02/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Adchunts

Not quite. Formula is:

length(feet) × width(feet) × height(feet) = cubic feet(cf³)

Your example would be 42.875 cubic feet.

That is what I ment to say, but for some reason I put wdth/depth twice and left out height.
Posted By: Panhandler

Re: How many deer - 10/02/20 02:33 PM

I have a 7 cubic foot and was able to fit almost a side of beef in it this year (450lbs). It was a tight fit, and in order to not have to dig through frozen packages of meat I organized everything in milk crates to make it easier.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum