Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner

Posted By: Gringocazador

Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 12:16 PM

I have two box blinds, one has a decent chair, it even reclines a little bit. My other box blind has a crappy chair with a short back that won't lean back one bit. Can't even take a nap before daylight.

Was thinking I need to come up with a better chair. I had some old office chairs in storage but threw them away. I guess I can try goodwill or something cheap on Amazon.

Got to thinking, I bet some of you guys are hooked up in the deer stand, bet someone has a recliner that even swivels LOL. I sure as heck don't but somedays I wish I did!!!!

Ok guys, tell off what kind of chair ya got.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 12:25 PM

I have one highback officer chair in each of my blinds and one regular office chair in each of my bowblinds.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 12:35 PM

The new place came with lots of crappy blinds (unpainted OSB about the size of a phone booth), but several had decent office chairs in them. I've rescued enough that I didn't have to buy/find a single one. In the double-wide Blynd blind I have two of their small plastic chairs; zero maintenance except for the occasional spider, and they'll keep you awake. up Now in the large tank blind, I may or may not have one of those foam pool floats, just in case a power nap is required. sleep2
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 12:41 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 12:59 PM

I am approaching that period when it will be all about getting the grandchildren up high enough to see and shoot. I might even try to set up the bogpod with the rifle rest; you know, the kind that's used when you see the picture of the 6 year old that's shot a 200" buck at 200 yards. roflmao
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:07 PM

I bought a couple of these with my Amex points - pretty nice and heavy duty...https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Gear-Comfort-Armrests-Capacity/dp/B071FRDBY3/ref=sr_1_11?crid=25W7MQMKWD3QZ&dchild=1&keywords=hunting+chairs+for+blinds&qid=1600866373&sprefix=hunting+chair%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-11
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:17 PM

Both of my deer blinds have high back swivel office chairs with arm rests. Both do recline back some to get a good nap during those "slow days."
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:26 PM

I have steady supply of used office chairs coming from my office.
Posted By: Panhandler

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:31 PM

A few years ago I bought the top of the line Cabela's brand blind chair. It swivels, has adjustable feet for height adjustment, cushioned and armrests. I just looked, and they still have them for $120
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:47 PM

I have a white leather love seat in my popup blind. It's hard to hunt when you're that comfortable.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rustler

[Linked Image]

up
roflmao - love the 'blaze orange'! safety first roflmao roflmao
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 01:56 PM

My chair squeaked last year when i leaned forward to shoot a spike. White tails came up and deer took off in every direction, all I could do was laugh grin I fixed my chair BTW...
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Panhandler
A few years ago I bought the top of the line Cabela's brand blind chair. It swivels, has adjustable feet for height adjustment, cushioned and armrests. I just looked, and they still have them for $120

+1
Posted By: MClark

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:01 PM

I have not used in the blind but have in other hobby where we sit around.
These chairs have a spring thing that allows you to lean back.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gci-outdoor-freestyle-rocker™-portable-rocking-chair#repChildCatid=3145612

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:09 PM

At least its Camo!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:15 PM

Too many places for the creepy crawlies to hide and get me.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:27 PM

I tried an office type chair, but it wasn't very good for getting into a shooting position. I went to Walmart and sat on every folding chair they had and one of them was super comfortable. It has a pad on the bottom and back that adds to the comfort. It has plenty of room for positioning yourself for a shot out of the blind, and when not being used, they fold up easily. I bought one for my wife too, and she really likes it.
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:31 PM

I’ve got a high back gaming chair in each, an office chair in one, and a folding chair in the other.
Posted By: pine knott

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 02:52 PM

Good office chairs in mine. Go to office outlet store in Bossier City for deer stand chair sale. $5-10.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 03:04 PM

I hunt blind with guys that are over 6'2" and I'm about 5'10" so I always run into height problems. I just bought a few of the All Seasons Feeder barstool type chairs and they get the job done without taking a bunch of space.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 04:30 PM

I use old school bus seats in my blinds.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 04:47 PM

The best chair I ever had I picked up at a junk yard from an old van. It was the captains chairs from the middle seats. They were super cushiony and the back reclined. I fabricated a wood base for both, and later installed a swivel base on it. Many friends I hunted with hunted out of my blind just because of the chairs. Now I use regular fold up chairs, which will be upgraded to a nicer office chair soon.

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 05:01 PM

The used office supply places in Houston used to have good used office chairs. The ones I can find now look like a bear chewed them up and they are a rediculous price and in good shape even more. I'm sure if I look around I can find a place thats reasonable.

I may try goodwill too.

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 05:10 PM

Unfortunately, I think the used office chair market will be glutted fairly soon.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Unfortunately, I think the used office chair market will be glutted fairly soon.

ha, I hadn't thought of all the people that are now working from home buying up used office chairs ...

We have a place here in Georgetown that has decent used office furniture (or did last year) with various pricing $5-20 on 5 leg, swivel, adjustable height/back in various fabrics. I've bought probably 8-10 from them over the past couple of years. I just go set in them and play with the adjustments to see if I can get it to different heights, lean back, etc. and making sure they don't squeak before buying.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 07:57 PM

These are comfortable to sit upright in all day, and can be adjusted to anything you want. We have been known to take a nap occasionally too!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/23/20 08:44 PM

There is a state surplus store in Austin (corner of 183 and Bolm Rd north of the airport) that sells a lot of used government office furniture. I have picked up a couple there for $5 - $10. Also, check the "Free" section of Craigslist now and then. I picked up a real nice office chair that way last year.
Posted By: Chief Dom

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/24/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldoak2000

[Linked Image]

up
roflmao - love the 'blaze orange'! safety first roflmao roflmao

I really just spit my coffee out when I saw this. WOW

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/24/20 07:24 PM

The guy in the hot tub is nobody from THF. Reason I say that.....................his beer is out of reach!!

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/24/20 07:37 PM

rofl

I thought maybe because he didin't have blaze orange arm floaties.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/24/20 07:44 PM

[Linked Image]

lol35
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/27/20 03:28 PM

I've worn out a few office chairs and I save them for our deer blinds. The arm rests are a little worn, but other than that they work just fine!
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/27/20 04:02 PM

We use retired office chairs. They're comfy, adjustable for height, and they swivel.
Posted By: Sim69z28

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/28/20 01:56 AM

I use these. Oil filled. Quite. Swivel. Pump up or down. Foot rest. Got them from my local beauty shop used. $35. [Linked Image]

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/28/20 02:00 AM

I meant to get out Saturday and hit the good will store to not far from me but lat forgot. Maybe during lunch tomorrow I can slip out a and try to find one a better chair.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/28/20 11:49 PM

Bucces sells a blind chair we have one in each blind and they are nice.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/29/20 12:51 AM

If in DFW area I would go to St Vincent de Paul thrift stores.
https://svdpdallas.org/shop/

They used to be a bargain and have like new stuff, including office chairs.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/30/20 05:44 PM

was on a place once that had a hog stand that had a front wall that was a sliding glass door with a porch with a big recliner, microwave and coffee maker.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/30/20 07:18 PM

Recliner? Hell, in my east texas blind I usually push the reclining chair out of the way and hunt sitting up in bed watching tv.

[Linked Image]

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/30/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
Recliner? Hell, in my east texas blind I usually push the reclining chair out of the way and hunt sitting up in bed watching tv.

[Linked Image]

I love this rig! up
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/30/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
The best chair I ever had I picked up at a junk yard from an old van. It was the captains chairs from the middle seats. They were super cushiony and the back reclined. I fabricated a wood base for both, and later installed a swivel base on it. Many friends I hunted with hunted out of my blind just because of the chairs. Now I use regular fold up chairs, which will be upgraded to a nicer office chair soon.

I second that for best blind chair I ever had. Years ago on a Maryneal TX lease my blind chair was also a van captains seat. It was mounted on a welded steel swivel base with a foot rest.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/30/20 09:47 PM

[Linked Image]

eek2
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 10/01/20 01:44 AM

Sniper John, that's ridiculous. And I'm jealous. taz
Posted By: spoink47

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/04/21 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ELKMTB
was on a place once that had a hog stand that had a front wall that was a sliding glass door with a porch with a big recliner, microwave and coffee maker.

bet it looked like this [Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/04/21 01:07 PM

Sniper John for the win
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/04/21 01:27 PM

Finding an old office chair that won't squeak has always been a challenge for me. I finally broke down and purchased a couple of the Game Winner chairs at Academy and they've worked well, even though I have to spray the joints with a little lithium grease before the season. IMO, the ability to adjust the legs so the chair sits level is what gives them a bit of an edge when used in a ground blind. I noticed during last season that Walmart had started selling a hunting blind chair with the same basic design but under a different label.

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 08:04 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
[Linked Image]

The stories of heartbreaks and love that chair has is probably amazing.....
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 08:26 PM

[Linked Image]

I bet that’s loud shooting if the muzzle isn’t out the window.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell

[Linked Image]

I bet that’s loud shooting if the muzzle isn’t out the window.

LOL, that was my first thought!

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
[Linked Image]

A couple were even mine.

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/07/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
[Linked Image]

A couple were even mine.

roflmao

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/08/21 01:47 AM

I lost a chair just like that in a divorce!!
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 07/15/21 03:21 PM

always have used office chairs in all of my blinds....sometimes they are the high-back conference room chairs...just depends on what my company is discarding that year. I will say the high-backs are dangerous as they tend to induce sleep. I've woke up snoring in my blind many times due to those things.
Posted By: roughpasture_98

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/10/22 11:00 AM

I would love to get this forum gong again. I saw a great YouTube Video on using a Gaming Chair like people do for X-box. I would be curious get people's thoughts!

YouTube Link

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/10/22 09:07 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/10/22 09:26 PM

I just use a couple of Deluxe Boat Seats, pedestal mounted.

Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Deer Blind Chairs, I bet somebody has a recliner - 09/10/22 09:47 PM

Regular ol office chairs work just fine for us.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum