Texas Hunting Forum

Persimmons and acorns

Posted By: Kodyjoe2016

Persimmons and acorns - 09/18/20 08:17 PM

Went to the lease and put up bow stand and couple cameras this morning. Grass is pretty tall with all the rain we have had so i went back and sprayed my spot for a food plot. Checked stand i put up last year and the persimmon trees are loaded and falling. Seen few acorns on the ground and and the white oak is loaded and acorns all over the ground. Checked a big burr oak and it is loaded also. Deer got plenty to eat if they beat the hogs to them LOL.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Persimmons and acorns - 09/18/20 10:50 PM

Hogs are on acorns like a duck on a june bug, they will find them.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Persimmons and acorns - 09/19/20 10:14 AM

Very few acorns South of Bowie. I have mixed emotions about it. Last year we had a bumper crop and saw almost no deer while hunting at feeders. But, they and the hogs came through winter in great shape. This year very few acorns so they should be hitting corn.
Posted By: don k

Re: Persimmons and acorns - 09/19/20 11:38 AM

We have no persimmons this year. The drought got them. As for acorns they are very small and few and far between.
Posted By: okiehuntr

Re: Persimmons and acorns - 09/19/20 11:44 AM

Late 15 april frost really damaged persimmons this year, lots of acorns again this year AND tons of chestnuts in SE Ok
okiehuntr
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Persimmons and acorns - 09/21/20 02:58 PM

Persimmons were still green and usually won't fall until around Thanksgiving or later at my place. Acorns were falling since August. Hopefully all gone by now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum