Texas Hunting Forum

How did this not get noticed around here?

Posted By: Texas Dan

How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:10 AM

Or perhaps I just missed it.

Something for others to shoot for (pun intended) in the natural progression of our sport?

SCI World Record
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:15 AM

Comments are sure to follow now.

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by fishdfly
Comments are sure to follow now.

From those who have already been offended no doubt.
Posted By: freerange

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:32 AM

I doubt you will get a similar reaction that you did in your other thread.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:38 AM

Because it’s nothing new. People have been creating deer like that for some time. This one just happens to be a bit bigger.
Posted By: AMF

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:52 AM

Is that real?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Duke107
Is that real?

clap
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:21 AM

flag
Posted By: mr. buck

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:45 AM

another reason not to take yearling spikes!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 11:08 AM

yawn
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

Something for others to shoot for (pun intended) in the natural progression of our sport?

SCI World Record

To each his own but to me I'd rather kill a 140" native deer off my place.
I simply think these deer like this one have become freaks and are rather ugly. All my opinion and nothing more because I know some love it.

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 12:47 PM

it's a trogladyte or something like that, a freak of man
Posted By: batman

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 12:52 PM

Why would anyone discuss that in a deer "hunting" forum!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 12:54 PM

When did killing stuff become a sport? Hunting isn’t a sport, fact someone would refer to it as such, shows they truly only consider it a grip and grin photo experience. Sorry but killing things for the sport of it is last reason you hunt... if a reason at all.

Not sure how a deer defines ones hunting experience. Not sure why someone would care about how someone else hunted, why they hunted, where they hunted and how the spent their time hunting.

Posted By: fishdfly

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:25 PM

" Not sure why someone would care about how someone else hunted, why they hunted, where they hunted and how the spent their time hunting"

That sure seems to be one of most talked about topics here and sure generates lots of opinions and malcontent.

I doubt people here are hunting for subsistence.
Posted By: Jeff in TX

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

SCI World Record

I simply think these deer like this one have become freaks and are rather ugly. All my opinion and nothing more because I know some love it.

I totally agree, though my ranch we usually get a couple pretty nice 120's & 130's each fall. To see a high fenced genetically engineered freak of nature whitetail does absolutely nothing for me. I've seen where the experiment is expanding to Mule deer and Fallow deer now. What's next non-typical Axis deer and Elk. I just don't get it, though many here do! When they score these freaks of nature, I like them to include how much it cost to harvest the animal as well!

My apologies for my rant, I'm off my soap box!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TX

SCI World Record

I totally agree, though my ranch we usually get a couple pretty nice 120's & 130's each fall. To see a high fenced genetically engineered freak of nature whitetail does absolutely nothing for me. I've seen where the experiment is expanding to Mule deer and Fallow deer now. What's next non-typical Axis deer and Elk. I just don't get it, though many here do! When they score these freaks of nature, I like them to include how much it cost to harvest the animal as well!

My apologies for my rant, I'm off my soap box!

Personally, I think they are so ugly...but to each his own.
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mr. buck

roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:03 PM

It's what I've been preaching here for a long time!....."Antler restrictions work!"
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:06 PM

A nice clean 8 is my favorite. up
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

x2

To each their own though.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:13 PM

I would of let him go another year...

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by PoppinPiggies

roflmao

I liked the overtones of that one as well.
Posted By: Judd

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
When did killing stuff become a sport? Hunting isn’t a sport, fact someone would refer to it as such, shows they truly only consider it a grip and grin photo experience. Sorry but killing things for the sport of it is last reason you hunt... if a reason at all.

Not sure how a deer defines ones hunting experience. Not sure why someone would care about how someone else hunted, why they hunted, where they hunted and how the spent their time hunting.

"athlete"
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:19 PM

I will take the nice 8 or 10 pointer without a doubt.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longhunter
Yep. See if he added a few dozen more drop tines.
whistle Some folks just don't understand quality deer management practices.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 04:19 PM

At least they took the tag out of his ear. To each their own, if I had unlimited money my opinion might get swayed.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 04:59 PM

I'm Offended... but would harvest that deer if showed up while I was outdoors enjoying my experience while hunting at any of my low fence free range leases and access property.
I'm not a fan of that type of deer development but it is America, free commerce and economics and I believe in "to each his own" within legality. Heck the big money people in that type deer industry do help the common hunter with all sorts of trickle down in products developed don't you think? Just look how Double Down has expanded with dealers carrying that product throughout the state. DD could create that deer in no time bolt
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
It's what I've been preaching here for a long time!....."Antler restrictions work!"

roflmao cheers clap

lmao
Posted By: Stub

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo

roflmao cheers clap

lmao
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 06:51 PM

Just not a whitetail to me.... 2cents

I don't however discredit or chastise those who do....

Great thing about this country and our freedom....do what you like as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights....

if thats your cut of tea know yourself out....
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 07:31 PM

Lab experiment. I'd shoot him if he walked out, though, but I'm not paying $100,000 for the rights.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 08:50 PM

I guess it can loosely be called a sport, though not in the same context as a sport such as badminton or croquet.

Maybe a "recreational activity" would sum it up. I enjoy every aspect of it....the environment it takes place in, the off season prep, the adrenaline rush ( I'm very unapologetically willing to admit i get a big high off of making a kill shot, most aren't and they fake being remorseful because it sounds more socially acceptable) the food, the trophy, etc.

I'm not into deer like the one in the post but if some are then thats fine. I don't see the point in calling it a "world record" though because it was a product of a laboratory and not nature.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I guess it can loosely be called a sport, though not in the same context as a sport such as badminton or croquet.

Maybe a "recreational activity" would sum it up. I enjoy every aspect of it....the environment it takes place in, the off season prep, the adrenaline rush ( I'm very unapologetically willing to admit i get a big high off of making a kill shot, most aren't and they fake being remorseful because it sounds more socially acceptable) the food, the trophy, etc.

I'm not into deer like the one in the post but if some are then thats fine. I don't see the point in calling it a "world record" though because it was a product of a laboratory and not nature.

I have a hard time linking life and food as a sport. That’s all. The deer I could careless about, not my thing but don’t know why someone would care unless it wasted in the field, even then one could still agrue utilization
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/10/20 10:17 PM

Believe it or not, but there are entire internet forums dedicated to hunting and discussions about how people hunt, why they hunt, where they hunt, and how they spend time hunting. roflmao
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/12/20 05:11 AM

I hope nobody gets offended but deer like this that are WAY over engineered above what nature can do reminds me of those doctor shows on TV where they have some lady on the show that's had 10 breast augmentation surgeries and says she wants to get bigger. After awhile it's past the point of being attractive.

To me this is somewhat the same but if a guy has enough money and the breeders can put one more inch of horn on a deer then someone will go for it. But to each his own. It's literally buying ones way into being a world record holder.

I am not against high fence hunting or upgrading the herd in a high fence environment but I think this is probably much closer to a pen environment to avoid breaking points or horns.

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/12/20 10:11 AM

yeppers
Posted By: postoak

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 12:49 PM

It's only a 345 mainframe. laugh
Posted By: Exiled

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 05:26 PM

I bet the neck roasts on that thing were tougher than shoe leather, from it holding up all that antler...ouch! Probably carried enough velvet to upholster a 70's Caddie! smile
Posted By: Davis300

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 06:11 PM

Low fence beauty...

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Exiled
I bet the neck roasts on that thing were tougher than shoe leather, from it holding up all that antler...ouch! Probably carried enough velvet to upholster a 70's Caddie! smile

Your wife needs a better neck roast recipe. roflmao
Posted By: rickym

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Exiled

Your wife needs a better neck roast recipe. roflmao

Not a better recipe, just tell her you’ll be home late.

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 10:59 PM

Man, I would agree with that in many cases, but not this one. Neck roasts are not something to be trifled with. Woman better get it right if she likes her current arraignment. See, my wife is a true handful, but she cooks a mean roast, so I deal with it.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/17/20 11:18 PM

Livestock. I'd rather have a fat doe, a tender spike or a nice natural 8 point than that. But then I have never hunted for antlers and they mean nothing to me.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/18/20 12:11 AM

Gotta feel sorry for the guy who had to score that buck.

How about this guy, looks like he has two trees on his head:
[Linked Image]

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/18/20 12:37 PM

I find it hard to believe deer like this could appear naturally in the wild, but have never seen anything about how they might be produced through selective breeding.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/18/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/18/20 01:03 PM

I find it hard to believe deer like this could appear naturally in the wild, but have never seen anything about how they might be produced through selective breeding.

Scroll down the page to all the top Non Typical bucks....they all appeared "naturally in the wild" to the hunters that killed them.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/...ical-and-nontypical-whitetails-all-time/
Posted By: okiehuntr

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/19/20 11:57 AM

I'm not seeing the extra 2/8 th's
okie
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: How did this not get noticed around here? - 09/19/20 01:00 PM

I wonder what effect eating the meat from that deer would have on the human body?......Anyone here have experience and able to answer that question? eeks333
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum